Changing the e-mail address associated with a banned gamertag?

Discus and support Changing the e-mail address associated with a banned gamertag? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, Is there any method to swap out the associated e-mail address on an xbox account that is permanently banned so that I may use that e-mail on a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by InkedFam, Oct 21, 2020.

1. InkedFam
    InkedFam Guest

Hi,

Is there any method to swap out the associated e-mail address on an xbox account that is permanently banned so that I may use that e-mail on a non-banned account. My main e-mail address is associated to a banned gamertag, requiring my spam/secondary e-mail
    to be used for my unbanned account. I want to swap places with those e-mails so when I use my main e-mail for all my unbanned gamertag logins and the banned one is just connected to my spam e-mail.

:)

InkedFam, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Edocsil 2020 Win User

microsoft gamertag not working

This does suggest Microsoft account is associated with the wrong email. What I would do is on the Xbox with the Gamertag you believe is the right one is check the E-mail address associated with it. A Gamertag is associated with a Microsoft Account but
    the E-mail address that is associated with a Microsoft Account\E-mail address can change. Hope that helps and makes sense.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey InkedFam

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about changing the email of your Microsoft account.

You should still be able to
    configure the alias
    that you use for your account, as the only thing you would be suspended for, would be for using the Xbox Live services.

I hope this was able to clarify any confusion this might have caused.
  4. InkedFam Win User

What did you get banned for
    Honestly don't even remember and don't think I can check. It was like 10 years ago and it was well deserved.
  5. USruper Win User

What did you get banned for
  6. InkedFam Win User

Hey

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about changing the email of your Microsoft account.

You should still be able to
    configure the alias
    that you use for your account, as the only thing you would be suspended for, would be for using the Xbox Live services.

I hope this was able to clarify any confusion this might have caused.
    So, this was the first thing I tried but I don't believe this is going to work. I'll use non-personal examples to explain.

Let's say that my banned account is associated to 'e-mail A' and my unbanned account is associated to 'e-mail B'. Well, I use e-mail A (a hotmail account) as my primary e-mail for all important e-mails I need to receive, and where I've signed up to the most
    critical of places. If I create a new primary alias and remove e-mail A from the microsoft account that the banned account is connected to, I don't think I can use it again on the microsoft account that the unbanned account is connected to. Furthermore, if
    I do that process, I worry I'll lose my ability for mail sent to e-mail A to work properly as has before.

I just want to take 'e-mail A' and associate it with the unbanned account, and associate 'e-mail B' with the banned one. For clarity, let me provide an example of where this problem gives me trouble. I stay logged into 'e-mail A' as it is my primary e-mail
    account for the important e-mails I need to receive. However; let's say I'm watching live.gearsofwar.com and I need to sign in to get in-game rewards for watching. When I try to sign in, it always fails and I get kicked back and it happens because the microsoft
    account that I am signed into has a banned gamertag connected to it.

So, I then have to log out of my primary microsoft account, log in with my secondary that has the unbanned account, and then try to sign in on the website. Then it will let me use it because the xbox gamertag associated with the secondary microsoft account
    is unbanned. After that, I then go back to my e-mail, sign out of my secondary microsoft account and sign back into my primary microsoft account and continue using my e-mail as normal.

Now this is something I do for almost anything that requires me to sign into the microsoft account connected to my unbanned gamertag, and I have to do this frequently as I get auto-signed out of various websites. I'm trying to mitigate this by just making
    it so my unbanned xbox account links to the same microsoft account that I use every day, so when I go to sign in and get auto-signed in it works.

I hope this maybe clarifies some of the situation and makes a clear picture of what I'm trying to do. I don't want to be destructive to my own primary e-mail in order to change the connections.
Thema:

1. Changing the e-mail address associated with a banned gamertag? - Similar Threads - Changing mail address

2. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  3. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  4. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  5. I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?: My account from xbox wich uses the same mail I'm using to post this got hacked and the hacker changed the mail and password from that account. So now I can't get in my account because it says It's...
  6. Someone hacked my real profile and changed e-mail (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone hacked my real profile and changed e-mail (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is my profile and some one hacked it and changed email and password so i can not login on other forums...
  7. I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?: My account from xbox wich uses the same mail I'm using to post this got hacked and the hacker changed the mail and password from that account. So now I can't get in my account because it says It's...
  8. Change e-mail adress on Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Change e-mail adress on Minecraft: Hi. so I recently saw a post from 3 years ago explaining how you can't change teh data in a Minecraft windows 10 version account. My question is if this is sadly teh same outcome for Minecraft:...
  9. My Account Got Hacked and Hacker Changed My Email Now i can't get any mails from microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Account Got Hacked and Hacker Changed My Email Now i can't get any mails from microsoft...: I lost my Microsoft Account on Last week and i still haven't gotten back I tried to Reach Microsoft Support and I also Filled Account Recovery Form with the Peace of Information that I Had But...
  10. My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...: My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. Should be *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen...