changing the country/region on Microsoft profile

Discus and support changing the country/region on Microsoft profile in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; hi there, i a unable to change the country/region on the microsoft proile info section. i need to change it from united states to UK for some reason... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Rhyse Fyson, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Rhyse Fyson
    Rhyse Fyson Guest

hi there,

i a unable to change the country/region on the microsoft proile info section. i need to change it from united states to UK

for some reason it will not bring up UK to change it to. it only brings up states/regions in USA

can anyone help with this please.

i have a code to redeem but i cant as the profile is set at USA and not UK like its suposed to be

:)

Rhyse Fyson, Jul 5, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Rhyse, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

United Kingdom country/region should just be on top of the United States which means that if it's not showing from there, kindly use a different browser in signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/profile

As an additional help, redeeming a code will not depend on your Microsoft account region, it will depend on your physical location. For example, if the code was purchased in the UK region store, you can only redeem it if you're physically located in the UK.

[​IMG]
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Game pass

Ok. So we have a second option here, which is to change your country/region. But keep in mind that if you have other games/subscriptions, they may not work on your new country/region. And I don't really recommend this option.

You'll need to change your Microsoft Account region/country, change your Xbox profile region/country, and change your Console (or PC) country/region. Also when you make your first purchase in the new locale, you'll be prompted to update your billing info. The steps for this are all covered in this tutorial by Xbox:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Now if you can't or don't want to change your country/region, the only other option would be go to the store you bought it and ask for a change.
  4. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

i was given money by xbox but it is the wrong currency

Sorry to hear you received money in the wrong currency.

If you were sent US Dollars, it's because your Xbox profile or account is set to the United States.

You'll need to:

1. Change your Microsoft account region
    2. Migrate your Xbox profile region
    3. Change your country/region on your console
    Please follow the three-step process in this guide to migrate your account to a GB account: Update your Microsoft account if you’re moving to a new country or region | Xbox Support

Regards,

Hayabusa
  5. Kirill Krasin Win User

Location while making a payment

6. WPAK Win User

NewCustomer

Hi there,

you can change the country of your Microsoft Account (Windows live id)

To change the country of your Microsoft Account you can go here:
    account.live.com/EditProf.aspx

But this won't affect the country to which your gamer profile (gamertag) is connected. The country is determined on creation of the gamer profile and can't be changed afterwards (I personally think this is to prevent people switching countries to access
    country/region locked stuff)
Thema:

1. changing the country/region on Microsoft profile - Similar Threads - changing country region

2. I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country: When I click on edit profile information all the boxed are dark grey and uneditable. I need to change this from United States to United Kingdom My Microsoft account won’t link with my Xbox...
  3. Why can’t I change my country/region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I change my country/region?: Hi all, For some reason my country/region is set as the United States. I only became aware of this when trying to add a Microsoft voucher into my account. I am from the United Kingdom and want to...
  4. How do i change my xbox location when the country in the address is greyed out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change my xbox location when the country in the address is greyed out?: I have managed to change my xbox location, but when i try to add in a new payment option, it doesnt let me change my country in the address section. So, i cannot add a new local payment option and...
  5. Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass: I'm trying to sign up for XBOX game pass, but I can't change the country/region when doing so. I'm not in the US, and Game pass is available in Norway. The drop-down menu to change the...
  6. Can I gift a game to a friend that lives in another country if I change my region to their...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I gift a game to a friend that lives in another country if I change my region to their...: I want to gift a game to a friend in another country but can't, so I'm wondering if it will work, if I change my region to their country, and then gift them the game ? Or does my IP also have to...
  7. How to change a gamertag when the country/region field is grayed out during payment?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change a gamertag when the country/region field is grayed out during payment?: Hey all, Hope you're doing great! I'm trying to change my Gamertag, so it doesn't have the numbers appended to it (something that wasn't well explained when I first changed it for free). I have...
  8. My country has been set as US even though I'm in the UK and I can't change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My country has been set as US even though I'm in the UK and I can't change it: When I go to edit my profile information the country is greyed out. How can I change it? e010606f-b093-4ae4-bd13-616967de4577
  9. Please can I get help changing country/region for payment purposes :)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please can I get help changing country/region for payment purposes :): Hi, I would like some help to change my tweens country/region for payment purposes. We live in New Zealand and I have a New Zealand credit card and address attached to his account. However, when I...
  10. Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.: When I go to change my gamertag it asks for a billing address but the country bar is grayed out and set to USA, I am from Indonesia. I have seen this problem around before but no fixes that work...