Changing region

Discus and support Changing region in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I just bought a 12+1 Xbox LIVE Gold, and it's only available for the US. I am able to redeem it on my US account, but I am waiting to change my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Omar_0001, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Omar_0001
    Omar_0001 Guest

Changing region

Hello, I just bought a 12+1 Xbox LIVE Gold, and it's only available for the US. I am able to redeem it on my US account, but I am waiting to change my Live region again. Is it possible to redeem the US code now on my US account, and then change the region
    to my physical one without losing my 12+1 Gold membership? And thanks for any answers.

:)

Omar_0001, Jan 6, 2014
  2. changing region

This is PurdeeRicky.

Well I wasn't phished. I know what phishing looks like.

My account was compromised however. I still haven't got my account back.

The odd thing is it still shows that I was logged in 5 hours ago when I got on my Xbox.

The last person I spoke with was saying my account became corrupt and basically saying I'm SOL though my investigation is still open.

BillowyPanther4, Jan 6, 2014
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    changing region

i don't think you heard correctly

first

yes this applies to ALL regions

the only option is to create a different account HOWEVER with the correct info for region locked content

as long as you keep the old account on the console you can still download and use the account and download purchased dlc

all dlc can be used by all profiles as long as the purchasing gamertag is signed in or on the purchasing console

2nd to take advantage of promotions you need to have an active creditcard in your region

other then using a prepaid australian membership card or ms points it is not possible to buy nz ms point cards on a australian account

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/27/t/34.aspx

I’m getting “region” errors

In order to have the best experience on the marketplace, make sure that your account region and physical location match. Your account region was set when you first set up your Gamertag and can be checked by going to
    https://billing.microsoft.com and clicking on “Personal Information”.

If you currently live in one of the newly added LIVE enabled regions, you can perform a one-time
    region transfer on your account.
    IMPORTANT: This region transfer is permanent and irreversible. Please make sure you pick the appropriate region and read all instructions before finalizing this transfer.

NZ is not a new xbox live region

ngocphi, Jan 6, 2014
  4. II M0Z II
    II M0Z II Guest

Changing region

II M0Z II, Jan 7, 2014
  5. ngocphi Win User

Region change

Ms points are region locked to the region they were purchased in

Government regulations do apply its copyright and distibution rights

What is allowed in the us is not nessarily allowed in uk or Canada

Like Netflix us is not allowed in Canada due to the CRTC requirements

Nor is us films in Netflix allowed in uk due to distibution rights you need uk Netflix
  6. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Region change

Greetings, DREW 4 THE WIN. I just wanted to jump in here and clarify that it is not possible to change the region of your account. Sorry about that!
  7. Bazajaytee Win User

Region change

Gold isn't region free just like Microsoft points aren't.

It is split up into sections, North America (so the OP should be able to use a USA Gold on a Canadian account), Europe (I have a UK account but lived in Sweden for 6 years and used my UK account nomally. Now I live in the USA and Microsoft have all but blocked
    my account from buying anything because they won't even let me add UK points anymore so I have a 6 year old account, 100k+ GamerScore, thousands of GBP worth of DLC invested in it and because Microsoft won't allow you to change region on your account it is
    now next to useless. Starting a new account is NOT an option when you spent so much money on DLC when Microsoft clearly CAN allow region changes like they did with the new territories that the OP mentioned.) and Asia.
  8. Prism nG Win User

changing region

i know how to get your account back all u gotta do is delete ur account off of your xbox and then click recover gamertag and delete profile only and then you got your account back.
  9. Dark an9el 73 Win User

changing region

i am having th same problem i bought a xbox for uk and its region locked for the usa what do i do any suggestions
Thema:

Changing region

1. Changing region - Similar Threads - Changing region

2. My xbox one s have only chinese region how to change region

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox one s have only chinese region how to change region: My xbox one s have only chinese region how to change region b8f52afc-f3fb-4c39-ba01-65d5ed6a1abd
  3. How can I change my Xbox region to get regional pricing?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change my Xbox region to get regional pricing?: I recently moved to another country 3a455205-b23f-4e54-b603-4e401d8bf3de
  4. Why can’t I change my country/region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I change my country/region?: Hi all, For some reason my country/region is set as the United States. I only became aware of this when trying to add a Microsoft voucher into my account. I am from the United Kingdom and want to...
  5. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  6. Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live: For some context I couldn't sign into my xbox account since 2021 on my xbox 360 and I thought changing my region from south africa to united states could allow me to sign in again and it worked...
  7. How to change my region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change my region?: I am trying to buy vbucks in xbox cloudgamimg with my card but when I try to buy it always says that I need to change my region so where I can change that? 686f7a40-3d52-4be7-a9c9-4812cedc4844
  8. Hi,How can i change my region if its not there..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi,How can i change my region if its not there..: My credit card is Romanian but romania isnt there.What should i do? 6cba42d7-8c2b-41df-b19c-31602046bea5
  9. Why can't change region and date birth

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't change region and date birth: I set my birth date to 2016 by false and now can't change anything like region and date birth Anyone help please 71b7d44a-c6e9-4e55-9748-7752190a359c
  10. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb