changing region on origonal xbox

Discus and support changing region on origonal xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought a first gen xbox but its Japanese. Cant play most games due to region restrictions. Anyone have any ideas? Would really like to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BIGGYJD, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BIGGYJD
    BIGGYJD Guest

I recently bought a first gen xbox but its Japanese. Cant play most games due to region restrictions. Anyone have any ideas? Would really like to change it to north America(Canada if it matters)

:)

BIGGYJD, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Backplay

No, I'm afraid the Xbox One can't play 360 or Origonal Xbox games.

Gavin (PyroANTIC), Jan 5, 2014
  3. cornyearth02
    cornyearth02 Guest
    Backward compatibility

i am having the same issue on my xbox one. I have tried using my game disc. Yes mint condition no scratches. From my origonal xbox games like voodoo vince. Crimson skyes and some other titles but none work. It says to use the disc in a xbox origonal console.
    Why is this happening. If we own the game why not have the game download to the console for free from the store?

cornyearth02, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

You need games from the correct region,NTSC-J in this case.The games from your region are NTSC.

Changing the locale on your console wouldn't make a difference,you will need to buy games from Japan or region free games.

Daft Badger, Jan 5, 2014
  5. I bought an first gen xbox game called True Crime New York City and normally my xbox will support these games but microsoft doesn't support this game and I need a Df's email to ask them to support this game

Street King 411, Sep 29, 2014
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Backwards compatible games stopped being added about 4 years ago so there is no way to get the game you want added to the list.

In future please start your own thread if you have a question as this one is several months old.

Daft Badger, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Daft Badger Win User

Backwards compatible games stopped being added about 4 years ago so there is no way to get the game you want added to the list.

In future please start your own thread if you have a question as this one is several months old.
  8. Daft Badger Win User

You need games from the correct region,NTSC-J in this case.The games from your region are NTSC.

Changing the locale on your console wouldn't make a difference,you will need to buy games from Japan or region free games.
  9. Street King 411 Win User

I bought an first gen xbox game called True Crime New York City and normally my xbox will support these games but microsoft doesn't support this game and I need a Df's email to ask them to support this game
  10. UnsellingElf687 Win User

Help! Please

my xbox is a origonal one (The Older White Ones)
  11. Gavin (PyroANTIC) Win User

Backplay

No, I'm afraid the Xbox One can't play 360 or Origonal Xbox games.
Thema:

1. changing region on origonal xbox - Similar Threads - changing region origonal

2. My xbox one s have only chinese region how to change region

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox one s have only chinese region how to change region: My xbox one s have only chinese region how to change region b8f52afc-f3fb-4c39-ba01-65d5ed6a1abd
  3. How can I change my Xbox region to get regional pricing?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change my Xbox region to get regional pricing?: I recently moved to another country 3a455205-b23f-4e54-b603-4e401d8bf3de
  4. Why can’t I change my country/region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I change my country/region?: Hi all, For some reason my country/region is set as the United States. I only became aware of this when trying to add a Microsoft voucher into my account. I am from the United Kingdom and want to...
  5. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  6. Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live: For some context I couldn't sign into my xbox account since 2021 on my xbox 360 and I thought changing my region from south africa to united states could allow me to sign in again and it worked...
  7. How to change my region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change my region?: I am trying to buy vbucks in xbox cloudgamimg with my card but when I try to buy it always says that I need to change my region so where I can change that? 686f7a40-3d52-4be7-a9c9-4812cedc4844
  8. Hi,How can i change my region if its not there..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi,How can i change my region if its not there..: My credit card is Romanian but romania isnt there.What should i do? 6cba42d7-8c2b-41df-b19c-31602046bea5
  9. Why can't change region and date birth

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't change region and date birth: I set my birth date to 2016 by false and now can't change anything like region and date birth Anyone help please 71b7d44a-c6e9-4e55-9748-7752190a359c
  10. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb