Changing primary email and deleting original

Discus and support Changing primary email and deleting original in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi there, I would like to change the email to our Microsoft account to my son's email and delete mine from the account so I can start my own new... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GPeden13, Oct 30, 2022.

1. GPeden13
    GPeden13 Guest

Hi there,

I would like to change the email to our Microsoft account to my son's email and delete mine from the account so I can start my own new account. We will be using a Gmail email address if this makes any difference. I know how to add his email and make it primary and how to delete mine but my concern is doing so will affect his xbox stuff. Is this possible without affecting his Xbox profile/progress?

Many thanks in advance for any replies

G

:)

GPeden13, Oct 30, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi GPeden13,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We totally understand your concern right now. However, in your isolated case, we would like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

To edit or remove a profile email address: Sign into your account. Select your profile picture or select Edit Profile in the Account details section at the bottom of the page. ... Scroll down to the Contact details section and select the Edit Profile button. Select the email address you want to change and edit or delete it, then select the Save button at the bottom of the page. Find out how to change or remove an email address or phone number from your Microsoft account.

Adding an alias to the MS Account has no impact on the Account itself. Just a different email address used to log into the account - no more no less. Setting the new alias as "primary" has some positive impacts when using the associated Outlook.com account.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello GPeden13,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Transfer Progress Or SImilar

Yes you can change the original email address. This process is called changing the primary alias. The primary alias is the email address that is used to sign in to the account. The article explains how to complete this process.
  5. blueamcat Win User

Move Xbox account

Yea unfortunately you cant just move everything. You can, however, add a second email for him to login with, set that as primary, and then remove the other email from the account. If the original email account is a Hotmail address it will be DELETED. So
    remove with caution. Hope that helps!

Make changes here: Account.xbox.com
  6. ST0RKI Win User

Struggling with merging Microsoft accounts.

I can't delete an xbox account or change the primary email for another xbox account?
Thema:

1. Changing primary email and deleting original - Similar Threads - Changing primary email

2. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  3. Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.: A few weeks ago i changed my Primary email from my dads to my own and afterwards any microsoft apps on my laptop(Xbox App, Microsoft store, onedrive, Etc.) won't let me sign in, as soon as i put...
  4. if i change the primary atlas on my microsoft account will it affect the other email? And...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i change the primary atlas on my microsoft account will it affect the other email? And...: I don't have any details to add. e1952aac-73e6-4162-9e11-392a84dbdc64
  5. How to change primary email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change primary email?: Okay, so Im trying to change my primary email to a different email but I can't add one because its already an existing one. When I go to my microsoft account on my computer it is linked with the...
  6. My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email

in XBoX Accessibility
    My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email: Recently on October 22th I got a notification from my email telling me the following: I think I have been hacked because the email that is has been changed to I do not recognize at all. I tried...
  7. Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account

in XboX Insiders
    Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account: I’ve had my Xbox for as long as I can remember and have been playing under my dad’s gmail account. Now that I’m older I would like to change the primary email of the account to my email and delete...
  8. My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!: A few months ago, and yes I have noticed at that time, I tried getting tons of support to try to recover my account but the mods or admins haven't been able to do much because I keep seeing the...
  9. Changing primary email associated with a gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing primary email associated with a gamertag?: I got my Xbox when I was 13 years old and too young to have my own email. Due to this, we used my mothers email address to sign up for my Xbox account. Now, 10 years later at the age of 23, I...
  10. Can i change the primary email address of an xbox account and then delete the email first...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i change the primary email address of an xbox account and then delete the email first...: So, My brothers account is set-up with my address My account is set up with my dads is it at all possible to change the email of each account to our own. they are icloud by the way. So can i...