Changing NAT type from Strict to Open With a Mobile Hotspot Instead of a Router

Discus and support Changing NAT type from Strict to Open With a Mobile Hotspot Instead of a Router in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; All of the directions I can find for setting up a perimeter network or port forwarding center around routers, so I want to know if it's even possible... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by One7976, Dec 21, 2021.

1. One7976
    One7976 Guest

All of the directions I can find for setting up a perimeter network or port forwarding center around routers, so I want to know if it's even possible to do this with a mobile hotspot instead. I have been trying to play with friends on Minecraft through Xbox Live (using laptop and mobile devices) but we always get the "Unable to connect to world." I know if I can get my NAT type to be open, it should fix a lot of issues, but it is strict and I do not know what to do.

:)

One7976, Dec 21, 2021
  2. Grandpop829 Win User

I can use my mobile hotspot for multiplayer on Fortnite but not on Farming Simulator 19. Why is this??
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Since you do not control the NAT that is upstream of the NAT in the hotspot itself, there is nothing you can do to get open NAT.
  4. One7976 Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Since you do not control the NAT that is upstream of the NAT in the hotspot itself, there is nothing you can do to get open NAT.
    Well that sucks.

Thank you for your help, though. Much appreciated.
  5. JordanTorres Win User

somebody help please (nat issues, internet sharing)

is your router set to open or closed? Having the router open makes the strict nat change to good nat type.
  6. CysonRomanow Win User

My game chat is not working.

My Nat type is strict and everything i have found says that i need to do things with my internet router yet i run my console off mobile hotspot so im wondering if theres anyway to fix it
Thema:

1. Changing NAT type from Strict to Open With a Mobile Hotspot Instead of a Router - Similar Threads - Changing NAT type

2. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  3. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  4. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  5. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  6. How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?: My Nat type on Xbox says it is Unavailable 5a78e760-9b36-46af-8f01-40b0c7e787ba
  7. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  8. how do i change the NAT type on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i change the NAT type on xbox one: how do i change my NAT type on my xbox one. the NAT type is strict aaeca11a-df37-4d42-acb3-2df57786667e
  9. Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps: How do i change my nat settings on my xbox one it stays on strict plz help i tried multiple ways no luck e91fb54e-f9a9-4ff6-ad6b-823559a35480
  10. How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...: How do you change the NAT type. I can get online, start the Xbox one S, start up fortnite, and the game gets stuck on connecting. The NAT type on that hot spot box is strict. When I connect with...