Changing my gamertag on the same email makes me have to buy Minecraft again?

Discus and support Changing my gamertag on the same email makes me have to buy Minecraft again? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I recently decided to change my Minecraft gamertag from VOIDBLACKK to VOIDChan#3514. (Im also not sure it added numbers unlike my original gamertag)... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Purple Hoodie, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Changing my gamertag on the same email makes me have to buy Minecraft again?

So I recently decided to change my Minecraft gamertag from VOIDBLACKK to VOIDChan#3514. (Im also not sure it added numbers unlike my original gamertag) When I was logged out of my account and logged back in, it had changed my gamertag but then it said Buy Now! Instead of just Play like usual. Im not really sure what to do now since i cant play anymore. My parents are defiantly not going to buy Minecraft again for me. I hope this can be fixed as fast as it can.

Oh yeah i hope you guys can revert the changes and have things changed back like when it was still VOIDBLACKK.

(Im also on mac so windows solutions might not work...)

:)

Purple Hoodie, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Paul Croteau Win User

Gamertag with Minecraft Java is not linked to any email?

This does not answer the orignal question, this simply offers a way to reset the password. The problem is that the users original Gamertag is no longer associated with the email address that was used to purchase Minecraft, and a new Gamertag was created and assigned to that same email. The user wants to use their original Gamertag and therefore have access to their purchased Minecraft.

I am having this same issue. My Microsoft account did not recognize my Gamertag, I was asked to create a new one. Now when I logon I only see the new Gamertag, and I do not get credit for purchasing Minecraft, therefore I'm being promtped to buy it again. I would like my Gamertag (which was successfuly migrated in April 2021) to be associated with my Microsoft account email. THIS is the issue I think the original post refers to.

Thanks to any help you can provide.
  3. ashdredjorden Win User

Need to buy Minecraft again after migration?

Yeah, same problem for me, I really don't want to have to buy the game again. It also changed my gamertag on Xbox which is strange.
  4. Dustin Wang1 Win User

Hacked Microsoft account

I have the exact same issue the hacker stole my account by somehow going into security info and changing the password and email to his making it impossible for me to login. The hacker also then decided to make a new account with my email and password leaving me with no minecraft account. I have proof that I own the account. Please help!
  5. ChooseyPit73 Win User

Contact Preferences

i have the same problem. I tried to change my email but it made me make a new account with this wierd gamertag. when i click save the "save" button just changes from green to gray. no refresh or account page. Im trying to change this account's email so i
    can use it for my real account
  6. Lt Sohn Win User

Switching my Microsoft Account on my Gamertag

I am having the same issue, my gamertag is currently associated with my @live.com account and I would like to have it switched to my @outlook.com address, however I do not own a 360 anymore and I have no access to one, and I will not be buying one simply
    to make a switch of email addresses.

I find it odd that both the Wii-U and PS4 both allow you to change the email associated with their "gamertag" equivalent online with no issues.

I've already tried the customer support chat and all they do is refer me to the website which only tells you how to do it on a 360. This is really a gaping flaw in account management in my opinion, at minimum Microsoft should at least be facilitating over
    the phone changes through their customer support line until a solution is found and customers can make changes to their gamertag emails through their xbox one.
Thema:

Changing my gamertag on the same email makes me have to buy Minecraft again?

1. Changing my gamertag on the same email makes me have to buy Minecraft again? - Similar Threads - Changing gamertag same

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  6. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  7. I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?: as the title suggests, I have an issue with my classic gamertag I just purchased it to change, but its still showing up as my old one. I really don’t want it to be a waste of money...
  8. I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it...: I've paid to change my gamertag and it's still the same. I've viewed the transaction and it was completed. Whats the deal? 403afaa3-1e91-47f6-a538-8e5d7e0d6aff
  9. My gamertag and username(?) Is different. How do I change it so that theyre the same

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag and username(?) Is different. How do I change it so that theyre the same: I tried to change my gamertag! The system adds some numbers automatically even with availability, which is a little annoying, but i don't really mind paying the fee to change it. The problem...
  10. changing "gamertag with #" to "same gamertag without #" when I know it is 100% available

in XBoX Accessibility
    changing "gamertag with #" to "same gamertag without #" when I know it is 100% available: I know the name is 100% available, but it says my account owns it already even though I only own a version with the # at the end. Is there any way to remove the numbers without me having to change...