Changing Microsoft Account alias broke Minecraft authentication?

Discus and support Changing Microsoft Account alias broke Minecraft authentication? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; What worked: Using the Win7/8 Minecraft Launcher instead of the Win10 Minecraft Launcher and logging in again with my Microsoft account. It seems kinda... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by pj.........., Jul 2, 2022.

1. pj..........
    pj.......... Guest

What worked: Using the Win7/8 Minecraft Launcher instead of the Win10 Minecraft Launcher and logging in again with my Microsoft account. It seems kinda kludgey/workaroundy and I'm worried that there may be problems in the future if the old launcher is sunset.

===============================================================

I migrated my Mojang account into my Microsoft account months ago, with no issues logging in or playing. More recently, I changed the alias on my Microsoft account from an old email address to my current email address. It seems like this may have broken my Minecraft authentication. What should I do here so I can log back into Minecraft?

Symptoms:

• The Minecraft launcher has a bar at the bottom saying "Oh no! Something went wrong, and we couldn't connect to the Minecraft services. Try again." The Try again link does not do anything for me.
    • My username and "Microsoft account" appears in the upper left of the Minecraft Launcher window, but there is a broken image instead of my profile picture
    • On the Accounts tab of the Settings screen in the Minecraft Launcher, my Minecraft username displays under the Microsoft header, with an Active status tag. Below that, there is a button that says "No Network Connection." Clicking that button displays a red banner in the upper right saying that the launcher is offline and to check my internet connection and try again. My internet connection is fine; I'm making this post from the same device.
    Things I've tried:

• Resetting my router
    • Restarting my computer
    • Checking Windows Firewall settings
    • Disabling IPv6 and forcing my computer to use IPv4
    • Checking to make sure I'm logged in properly in the Microsoft Store, and resetting the Microsoft Store app
    • Logging out of my Microsoft account within the Minecraft Launcher and signing in again
    • Re-adding the old alias to my Microsoft account - I can't because it's a .edu email address, which can't be added to a personal Microsoft account. This account was originally a personal Microsoft account spun out from my school Microsoft account.
    • Repairing/resetting/reinstalling the Minecraft Launcher

:)

pj.........., Jul 2, 2022
  2. pj.......... Win User

I think I've always downloaded my Minecraft launcher from Minecraft.net rather than from the Microsoft Store.
  3. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

4. pj.......... Win User

I have tried that and the replies I got were not very helpful. They were from "Minecraft Gamers" rather than from actual support staff, and it didn't seem like they actually read and understood my question.

I got instructions about migration. Migration isn't the problem; I migrated months ago and had no trouble playing after migrating. The problem seems to be that I changed my Microsoft alias. I still have access to the Microsoft account; it's how I'm logged in on my PC right now. I'm also logged in with that same account on Minecraft.net and it shows that I own Minecraft on the "My Games" page. However, the Minecraft Launcher doesn't seem to recognize that same account.
  5. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, pj..........

Welcome to the Microsoft community.

As this looks to be an issue with your licence and account for Minecraft, please reach out, and submit a support request, to Mojang Support here: Submit a Request | Mojang Support (minecraft.net)

This way, the right folk can look into this issue and help you with your problem.

Hope this helps,

Nathan
  6. lunazm00n Win User

Minecraft crashes upon login in to Xbox Live.

I found that there is an issue with Microsoft Account and the Security Auditing Policy on my local machine when authenticating to Xbox Live & Minecraft.

Example:

My MS Account was originally @gmail.com

I changed my primary alias to @outlook.com

This throws a security audit exception when authenticating to Xbox Live with Minecraft.

In short... Xbox tries to verify @outlook.com, OS expects @gmail. Minecraft dies.

Solution:

Move my primary alias back to what Windows 10 was expecting (@gmail). Problem solved.

You can verify this by looking in your Event Viewer after Minecraft Crashes. Then look in the Security Audit logs to see what user name its trying to match up against.
    wait what if you changed your primary alias from gmail.com to gmail.com?
Thema:

1. Changing Microsoft Account alias broke Minecraft authentication? - Similar Threads - Changing Microsoft Account

2. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  3. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  4. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  5. how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft: Ze********* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** """remove PII.""" """moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming """ f806951e-f754-42a4-892c-86db89f21b75
  6. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  7. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  8. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  9. Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?: Hello My microsoft account was taken. The email was switched and the number was deleted. I have no other way to sign in that Microsoft is asking for to get it back. Is there any other sign of hope...
  10. I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.: Hello. I'm trying to sign out of a Microsoft account and use a new one for my xbox account. However, I don't know where to start and I've heard that you really can't due to them being linked....