Changing just the "old-school" gamertag

Discus and support Changing just the "old-school" gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I recently noticed you could change your gamertag, so I chose to get my newest most common one, but the old-school version got the 4-digit code... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AntoineVery, Jan 19, 2023.

1. AntoineVery
    AntoineVery Guest

Hello,

I recently noticed you could change your gamertag, so I chose to get my newest most common one, but the old-school version got the 4-digit code with it.

The text said "some games used the old-school tag", but since it didn't specify which ones, I thought: it's alright, the games I play aren't THAT old. They were released around 2018, that's still quite young, right? Except apparently not.

I like the new gamertag the one that's in the more recent format, but I'd like to change just the old-school one to something else, without the 4-digit code.

Is there any way I can come to an agreement with the support team? Maybe if they charge me half?

Or maybe it can become a new option for everyone.

Best regards,

Antoine

PS: I've also been unable to reach support about this issue, does someone know when it will be available again?

I tried to reach them there: https://support.xbox.com/fr-FR/contact-us

:)

AntoineVery, Jan 19, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

No, support couldn't do anything about it.

It would be the standard price to change a gamertag.
  3. AntoineVery Win User

Thank you for your response! That clears up a few thing as to why some games aren't included.

Sadly on the website I don't get the option. I get greeted with this page:

[​IMG]

Which sadly doesn't allow to just edit the old-school gamertag.

I have to enter a new valid gamertag, and then enter a different old-school tag.

Then if I want my old tag back, I have to do the whole procedure again, which amounts to a total of 20$.

Or maybe I've got the wrong webpage?

Isn't it this one?

"https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag"

Is the change for just the classic version free?
  4. Smwutches Win User

The new gamertag policy went into effect in 2019 and games released from 2020 and after should use the new policy. So that's why games from 2018 would still use the old system.

Sometimes if you change your tag on the website, it will give the option to change the classic version independently from the new one. Otherwise, if you change it on a 360, it should only change the classic tag.
  5. AntoineVery Win User

Would someone from the support team be able to make it available?
    And does it cost something when it's available?^^'
  6. Smwutches Win User

That's the correct website. Like I said though, sometimes it will give the option. It doesn't always and there's not a way to make it give you the option. If it did have the option, it would have 2 text boxes to enter a new gamertag instead of just the one.
Thema:

1. Changing just the "old-school" gamertag - Similar Threads - Changing old school

2. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  3. I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...: I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag and my new one under it. Anyone know why? 0a23cf37-917f-487e-891f-dc412c572639
  4. I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...: I am on xbox one s and yesterday i changed my name after 2 years. I did not use the classic custom gamertag option and after i changed it it updated it in all of my games but when i am in a party...
  5. How to change your old gaming tag name

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change your old gaming tag name: How change back your old gamingtag name a0eed571-9922-4033-a945-d02be4d8e55a
  6. My old microsoft account's email got changed after being hacked, is there anything i can do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My old microsoft account's email got changed after being hacked, is there anything i can do...: [img] The new and random email, from russia apparently. 0e4075e3-74f9-4196-babc-c87bdd7c0b97
  7. My old minecraft account was hacked and the email was changed, is it possible to get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My old minecraft account was hacked and the email was changed, is it possible to get it back?: I have the receipt that I bought the game but when I try to sign in it says I need to buy it again 018d1269-7d0e-4d75-8fbb-4206fa7671b1
  8. Is there a way to change back to the old dashboard?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to change back to the old dashboard?: Everyone knows the dashboard update. And frankly, I hate it. Anyway I can change it back? P.S WHAT EVIL PERSON NEEDED THIS CHANGE!! WHO AT MICROSOFT SAID "Ahh yes, the perfectly fine and...
  9. my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back: I tried to make a support ticket on minecraft.net and they said to use actual microsoft support and everytime i try to contact somebody it only says I can contact the community, which really wont...
  10. I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...: So years ago I got sick of my dumb pirate themed gamertag so I paid $9 to change it to a normal name because I have no imagination. I went to my Xbox profile on Xbox.com, clicked "customize", and...