Changing Gamertag

Discus and support Changing Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do i change my gamertag? I purchased money on the microsoft account, and when i go ingame it just give me this f*cking ms points that are not even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by exodius666, Jan 1, 2014.

1. exodius666
    exodius666 Guest

Changing Gamertag

How do i change my gamertag?

I purchased money on the microsoft account, and when i go ingame it just give me this f*cking ms points that are not even buyable anymore?!

Please help me, im going nuts here, been searching for 2 hours or so.

:)

exodius666, Jan 1, 2014
  2. XGO is looking fo Halo 4, BOII, Minecraft, Crysis 3, and Defiance players! 600+ Active, More than 8,000 Registered!

No, Changing your gamertag is not required. Changing your gamertag is all up to you

XGO Aristotle, Jan 1, 2014
  3. mk30001
    mk30001 Guest
    Xbox one followers privacy/spam concerns. END IT

Even if you change your Gamertag, you purchases and saves are still locked to your account. I could change my gamertag right now and I still have everything. It stays with the email address you signed up with, not gamertag.

mk30001, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Changing Gamertag

How Do I Change My Game Tag

FaZe Broncos16, Jul 2, 2014
  5. RafaelCBF0
    RafaelCBF0 Guest
    From your the console dashboard, go to settings>>Profile>>Edit Profile>>Enter new gamertag

If this is the first time you change your gamertag it will be free, anytime after that will be 9.99 + tax.

RafaelCBF0, Jul 2, 2014
  6. To clarify what Rafael has said, if you have a randomly generated gamertag that xbox gave you, then you can change it once for free as long as it is less than 30 days old. If you picked your own gamertag, received one via forced gamertag change, or it has
    been longer than 30 days since you created the account then you will have to pay.

HomegrownSilky, Jul 2, 2014
  7. exodius666
    exodius666 Guest
    I purchased money, but i dont own a console.. I have games like GTA IV on my pc, where i cant change my name.. How can i fix this?

exodius666, Jul 4, 2014
  8. RafaelCBF0
    RafaelCBF0 Guest

Changing Gamertag

So I need some clarification, you purchase the games on the computer but play them on xbox live? You would change your gamertag through this page:
    live.xbox.com/.../GamerProfile

you can change your gamertag from this page.

RafaelCBF0, Jul 4, 2014
  9. exodius666
    exodius666 Guest
    Hey Rafael,

That is correct, some games on PC like GTA IV, Dirt3 and Dark Souls, are working through xbox live.

You play them on the computer, but login with xbox live.

When i go to that link, it tells me "How to change your gamertag on your Xbox 360 console"

But since i dont own an xbox, this is impossible..

I cannot change it through that link.. Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

exodius666, Jul 6, 2014
  10. RafaelCBF0
    RafaelCBF0 Guest
    Are you sure? The link I put should have taken you to the old "edit my profile" page on xbox.com, you should get the option to edit your gamertag there on the top of the page. Let me see if I can find anything better, it appears MS wants to drive people
    away form the site, I'll keep you posted, in the mean time, try to find a link to the old "edit my profile" page yourself.

RafaelCBF0, Jul 6, 2014
  11. exodius666
    exodius666 Guest
    Hey Rafael,

Im sure, i tried it a few times, and everytime it tells me to use a console..

Ill try to search for an old link aswell, since this one wont let me..

Thanks for helping me out here.. Hope we can get it fixed!

exodius666, Jul 7, 2014
  12. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest
    From everything I have checked, you can only change it on a console.

oOUTSIDERo62, Oct 31, 2018
  13. DrifterX22 Win User

Gamer tag

I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result,
    the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  14. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

15. OK Fowl Win User

Gamertag Removed

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5
    I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  16. WPAK Win User

gamertag change

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, if a gamertag was deemed to break the CoC/ToU then you will given a generated one and if you want to change the gamertag into something chosen by yourself it will have the fee like any gamertag change.

See this link for the steps:
    support-origin.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  17. ISirProdigy007 Win User

Gamertag

Hi,

Everything you need to know about forced gamertag changes

And I quote

" I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result, the Gamertag enforcement
    process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the standard Gamertag change process."

Source link:
    enforcement.xbox.com/.../HowTo

You will need to pay for the change unfortunately!.

Happy Gaming!
Thema:

Changing Gamertag

1. Changing Gamertag - Similar Threads - Changing Gamertag

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  6. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  7. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  8. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  9. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  10. Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!: So i had changed my gamertag on my series x console, and since then i am unable to download my 360 profile to play 360 games, for example L4D. i had called support twice & emailed, they are NO...