Changing gamertag, or moving Minecraft to a new Microsoft account.

Discus and support Changing gamertag, or moving Minecraft to a new Microsoft account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to do this through the contact-us thing, but it just tells me that "something went wrong on our end" and I can't get through. So this is a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KatieOlivia, Nov 4, 2022.

1. KatieOlivia
    KatieOlivia Guest

Hi, I tried to do this through the contact-us thing, but it just tells me that "something went wrong on our end" and I can't get through.

So this is a very long story, and hard to condense.

I was born mostly female, with female anatomy but XY chromosomes. To fix this disordering of nature, a doctor played god, cut out my female parts, and I was raised as a boy with conversion therapy to try and make me a boy mentally. It didn't work, but it made my life hell, and Minecraft was one of my main escapes for a long time. Eventually escaping stopped working, and I transitioned back to live as a woman (so I'm kind of trans but not exactly), and I basically... created a whole new legal, social, online, etc identity, changing from "male" to female. In the process, I guess I got distracted and forgot about gaming.

Anyway, I have a major surgery in December. I have to go overseas since no one in my country can do it, and I will be laid up for a month. So I'm thinking about how to occupy myself, and Minecraft immediately comes to mind. I log into my Microsoft account and... It's a new account without Minecraft. I manage to log in to my old account, and my Gamertag is MrKookie. Mister. Like that isn't traumatic.

I can't change it without paying money, which is a kick in the teeth. In that case, I'd rather just buy Minecraft again on my actual account. But having already bought the Java version twice, I would be... paying even more money to Microsoft because I was abused as a child. And that just feels extremely garbage, so I was wondering if there's any chance of Microsoft doing something to help me out here.

:)

KatieOlivia, Nov 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I remain at your disposal if you have further questions
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this KatieOlivia

Sorry to say but unfortunately any kind of transfer between Microsoft accounts can't be made.

This is for security reasons
  4. WPAK Win User

Windows Live ID Issue!

To remove that gamertag that is connected to your 'main' email (Microsoft Account), just change the connected gamertag connected to a new Microsoft account.

-

So first free up your 'correct' email address by moving the connected gamertag to a new Microsoft Account

and after that you should be able to change the 'email' (Microsoft Account) for your main gamertag to your 'correct' email address (Microsoft Account)
  5. WPAK Win User

New xBox Live

6. fredgiblet Win User

Delete an old gamer profile?

lol. It's not Microsoft's fault that you changed gamertags. You can move this account off of the Microsoft Account to another one. Create the new one at signup.live.com, then go to Settings -> Account -> Account Security on this gamertag and select Change
    Microsoft Account. Then this MSA will be free.

IIRC on PSN you can't change the e-mail attached to an account period.
Thema:

1. Changing gamertag, or moving Minecraft to a new Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Changing gamertag moving

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  6. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  7. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  8. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  9. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  10. Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!: So i had changed my gamertag on my series x console, and since then i am unable to download my 360 profile to play 360 games, for example L4D. i had called support twice & emailed, they are NO...