changing gamertag for a child

Discus and support changing gamertag for a child in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello all. I'm trying to change the gamertag for my kids accounts. I log into them with the Microsoft ID / pass -- account.xbox.com. Then I go to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PBH0127, Jan 2, 2016.

1. PBH0127
    PBH0127 Guest

hello all.

I'm trying to change the gamertag for my kids accounts. I log into them with the Microsoft ID / pass -- account.xbox.com. Then I go to Profile (which is where I think gamertag changes would be). I get an error --- It appears you've found a glitch......
    Please try later. Problem is I have been trying for a few days.

I can't find where I can change my kids gamertags from MY account. I can only set up security / etc.

I'm sure this is a user error! So, please let me know.

:)

PBH0127, Jan 2, 2016
  2. spyderpig140
    spyderpig140 Guest
    New Zealand Child Accounts??

Lol soz, what i meant was, does changing my gamertag count as downloading something of the xbox live marketplace? Can i change it even though im a child account?

spyderpig140, Jan 2, 2016
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Parental email required but no details

goto login.live.com

sign in with the parental email

promote child account will not appear unless the gamertag reachs 18

changing the age or the windows live id will not affect the age of the gamertag

ngocphi, Jan 2, 2016
  4. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest

Hey there!

Thanks for the support message.

Have we tried to use another browser and clearing the cache and cookies? Please be sure you're signed into the account that you're wanting to change the gamertag for. If that's still not working, please try to change the gamertag on the console instead.
    Here's a link detailing you on how to change your gamertag on Xbox One:
    support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag

Let us know how that turns out!

Cheers!

iNb4 Ownage, Jan 2, 2016
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Change child's gamertag

So this page has some details on that: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/update-microsoft-account-country-region
    Down in the section titled: "Conditions that can prevent you from changing your country/region"

Since your child is a minor, they are prevented from changing the region to the account directly. That is a security measure to prevent minors from changing their account to a region where their age would not be considered a minor.

And it seems to think that the child account is in the US region, so you would have to contact official support about that at support.xbox.com/contact-us

One other thing I'd recommend you check is the region of the Xbox Console it self. The link above also has a section
    "How to change your country/region on Xbox One" that you should follow, preferably on your account, but double check on your child's account as well, to make sure the Console is set to the proper region as well.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Child Gamertag change

I just want to clarify, did it work on the console?
  7. NubeLlina Win User

Child Gamertag change

Hi, it didn’t work, we have to do

It on the console
  8. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Hey there!

Thanks for the support message.

Have we tried to use another browser and clearing the cache and cookies? Please be sure you're signed into the account that you're wanting to change the gamertag for. If that's still not working, please try to change the gamertag on the console instead.
    Here's a link detailing you on how to change your gamertag on Xbox One:
    support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag

Let us know how that turns out!

Cheers!
  9. Francia J. Win User

Child Gamertag change

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments/ using your son's account and make sure that there are enough funds from there to cater to the Gamertag Change. Once confirmed, ask him to sign in to this link to change it: https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag
Thema:

1. changing gamertag for a child - Similar Threads - changing gamertag child

2. How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag"

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i exit the "Change Xbox Gamertag": i am stuck on the "Change Xbox Gamertag" and i cant leave it even if i go to "https://social.xbox.com/profile" and i would like to know how to leave the screen bbe80b5e-113f-4686-a882-7c9a530120c7
  3. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  8. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  9. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  10. Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge?: Hi, My sons gamertag has recently changed and we wondered is this something he can do himself without parental input (he has a child's account and is 8) or should we be concerned about account...