Changing Gamertag did not work (completely)

Discus and support Changing Gamertag did not work (completely) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i have changed my gamertag four days ago. When I log in into the online xbox-account, the gamertag has changed there. Same with the Minecraft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ro1f Mue11er, May 29, 2022.

1. Ro1f Mue11er
    Ro1f Mue11er Guest

Hi,

i have changed my gamertag four days ago. When I log in into the online xbox-account, the gamertag has changed there. Same with the Minecraft launcher, it also displays the new gamertag. Only the in-game gamertag is still remaining unchanged. Whenever I die or participate in rooms, I still displays the old gamertag.

Did I miss something or why doesn't the in-game gamertag doesn't change?

As new name i chose a name with an umlaut ("ö"). The tool for changing the name on social.xbox.com indicated that this will work on new versions. And for old versions i should use a alternate version of the name without umlauts, which I did. So there was no reason to assume that that the new name could not work (either the original or the alternate). Having paid 9 dollar for a simple name change, one could expect this to work properly.

:)

Ro1f Mue11er, May 29, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Not all games have been updated to work with the new gamertag policy. So any tags with a special character will not show a new tag, but your account will keep your old tag as a "classic" gamertag for use in those areas.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This depends on the game. Some games have their own profile as well which will not be affected if we change our Gamertag.

If I may ask, what is the game where the Gamertag hasn't been charged yet?
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Gamertag hasn't changed

In this case, please take a look at your Microsoft account order history page and see if the gamertag change purchase is showing as completed there:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

If the gamertag change purchase is showing as completed and your gamertag did not change, please try to change your gamertag online and see if the system lets you change it or wants to charge you again for a change:

https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag

You may have purchased it but the change did not go through. So you actually have a gamertag change available.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag HELP

6. An Xbox Dude Win User

Gamertag showing up wrong?

How long ago did you change your Gamertag to this current name? You may need to wait a few days for it to completely update possibly, if you changed it recently.
Thema:

1. Changing Gamertag did not work (completely) - Similar Threads - Changing Gamertag did

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  6. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  7. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  8. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  9. I Purchased a Gamertag change and it did not change my tag to what I wanted, it remained...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Purchased a Gamertag change and it did not change my tag to what I wanted, it remained...: I simply purchased a service that was not provided correctly and would like my $13 back or for my name to change correctly to what I wanted. cbaa5c95-65fe-499c-a2ba-403eef43055f
  10. why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?: as you can see there are two different order numbers for two different payments and the same charge for the same thing two different times a24b19b2-01ca-4c53-942d-a1dba0cfa474