changing email

Discus and support changing email in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can I change the email account used to sign into to my xbox live account with out losing my paid subscription? ebece59d-649d-4c43-9afa-ee6d378aa9c4 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JTKKMAC1, Jan 7, 2014.

1. JTKKMAC1
    JTKKMAC1 Guest

changing email

Can I change the email account used to sign into to my xbox live account with out losing my paid subscription?

:)

JTKKMAC1, Jan 7, 2014
  2. VibroPlex
    VibroPlex Guest
    Changing email

Yes, it is. Once you get to the Summary page, enter
    account.live.com/ChangeID.aspx
    into your browser's Address Bar or click on
    Update Email Address

VibroPlex, Jan 7, 2014
  3. VibroPlex
    VibroPlex Guest
    Changing email

> I would like to change it and I see an option on contact preference to change it and if I do:

> Will I be able to log in with my new email adress?
    YES

> Am I going to loose anything? NO

However, that is the Billing Contact address, not the name of your Microsoft Account. there are three email addresses in the Xbox system for every account.

1) The Microsoft Account, also known as the Windows Live ID, which is used to sign in at websites and download the profile to the Xbox. You can change that at
    Sign in to your Microsoft account

2) The alternate email address which is where password reset messages are sent. You can see that at
    Sign in to your Microsoft account and change that by selecting Edit Security Info

3) The billing contact email address where billing statements are sent to. You can see and change that at
    http://xbox.com/accounts by choosing Billing Contact Information

2 & 3 can be the same. Ideally, 1 should not be 2 or 3 but they often are.

VibroPlex, Jan 7, 2014
  4. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest

changing email

iNb4 Ownage, Jan 7, 2014
  5. TroHAM Win User

Changing email

I guess you're talking about security proofs, right? Are you trying to add you're existing gamertag as a proof? In that case you would get that message. You have to add a different e-mail address, in case you ever have to prove your identity. More onfo on
    the subject can be found here:

support.xbox.com/.../security-proofs
  6. D3ATH PRONE Win User

Changing email

Hello ChaoticPrice! I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Here is a link to an Xbox Support page on how to change your Microsoft Account (E-Mail)

support.xbox.com/.../manage-microsoft-account

I hope this helps!
  7. VibroPlex Win User

email change

Maybe.

However, you need to have the password for the old Microsoft Account (i.e.,, the email addresse) before you can change it on the console.
  8. EricGodsil1 Win User

email change

yeah man,

Just create another microsoft account-you can go to account.live.com to do this.

After that get on the xbox-sign in with your profile-on the dashboard go to the right to settings-choose profile-choose account security-choose change microsoft account.

In order to do this it will ask you for the current email address and password and then the email address and password of the new microsoft account.

after that you should be good to go.
  9. iNb4 Ownage Win User

changing email

Thema:

changing email

1. changing email - Similar Threads - changing email

2. I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere: My ign is Gamer_6451 Hey i was playing minecraft and i gave a single use code for microsoft because i didnt read the email fully and now i cant access my minecraft account, I tried signing in...
  3. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

in XboX Insiders
    Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email): Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to be able to take control of the...
  4. I got scammed in minecraft and my email got changed

in XBoX on Windows
    I got scammed in minecraft and my email got changed: i got scammed and i cant log into my minecraft account anymore and cant do anything about it because i dont have access anymore. My minecraft account name is AppleBG....
  5. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  6. My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in

in XBoX on Windows
    My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in: Someone hacked my account changed the email so I can’t do the 2 factor authentication 149106d6-c982-4ec2-85d6-2189fbdc2218
  7. I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...: I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t loaded to his email or mine. This is the second gift card that has vanished into Xbox world. :(...
  8. My account was hacked and the email was changed completely

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and the email was changed completely: ive tried but i can’t access it at all because the email was changed, ive tried the support bot and contacting the email that was on the account but nothing has worked, it says the original email...
  9. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  10. How do I change my details? Login, email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my details? Login, email.: I’ve been hacked and received an email stating they’ve got all my personal details. They taken all my in game purchases such as skins, they taken a payment from my bank account. I need to change...