Changing Email Address of Gamer Tag

Discus and support Changing Email Address of Gamer Tag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm sure plenty of others on here have done something similar in the past or are currently going through this tedious frustrating method of changing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jake Nebulus, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Jake Nebulus
    Jake Nebulus Guest

I'm sure plenty of others on here have done something similar in the past or are currently going through this tedious frustrating method of changing the gamer tags associated email address.

I'll set out a few points:

1. I bought an xbox 360 years ago. Created a gamer tag on an email address separate to my primary hotmail account (I didn't like the idea of junk).
    2. As stated in 1, I have a primary hotmail account.
    3. I sold my xbox about a year ago.
    4. I now have windows 8 on a couple of devices.
    5. I want my gamer tag associated with my primary hotmail (as windows 8 log in and xbox gamer tags are all linked together now).
    6. I tried to switch it online, but it wouldn't let me.
    7. I logged in with my primary hotmail on the xbox live website to see what the problem was or if I had an account on it already. It went and created an account for me without prompting me.
    8. I found out it is only possible to switch accounts on an xbox, not via any other method.
    9. I have spent months swtiching around the accounts from accounts.
    10. It is now 33 days since the last action and it will still not let me move my gamer tag from point 1 to my primary hotmail address even though I moved the temp one from it 33 days ago to another live email address.
    Why is this so impossible??????? I am so pissed off with microsoft right now.

:)

Jake Nebulus, Jan 5, 2014
  2. GBASS93
    GBASS93 Guest
    Got Hacked

Some one has my gamer tag he has my password but i have the email address he has been changing everything for the past days please help!!

GBASS93, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Dockings
    Dockings Guest
    So, how many of you are 10 year Xbox Live gamers?

I started with the xboxlive beta with the headset and MotoGP disk, but I currently have a new different gamer tag due to my associated Hotmail account going inactive, due to not logging into email, and thus preventing me from renewing the live account. I had to create a new account while I went through the steps of recovery for the Hotmail address. Once recovered, I simply stayed with my new gamer tag... Now associated with the old Hotmail account. :-(

Dockings, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Jake Nebulus
    Jake Nebulus Guest

Jake Nebulus, Jan 5, 2014
  5. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Hi there,

-

when you use a windows 8 PC, it will automatically create an xbox live account when one isn't present on the Microsoft Account.

If you want to move your old xbox live account to the email address you are using on the windows 8 PC. You will need to do the following.

1. download the profile currently on the email address (Microsoft Account) you are using on to the xbox 360 console.

2. Wait atleast 30 days.

3. Disconnect the Microsoft Account from your PC user, and don't sign in with the Microsoft Account (that was downloaded on the xbox 360 console in step 1). When it is signed in it might generate an xbox live account while you are trying to move it.

Or leave the PC turned off and any other device using that same Microsoft Account, while executing the next steps

4. Move the xbox live account to another Microsoft Account, to free up your email address you want to use for your old xbox live account

5. Move your old xbox live account to the just free'd up Microsoft Account. And all should be fine.

-

Please check the Notes section on this link as well:
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
    It basically has the same steps

WPAK, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Jake Nebulus
    Jake Nebulus Guest
    Thanks for the response.

Does that also include not signing into my primary account to pick up emails via hotmail.com???

Why is so difficult???

I have tried to log in via xbox.com to see if my primary hotmail account has a gamer tag, and it doesn't. Nothing has been created. I have been very careful to not sign into anything that would reset the 30 day timer.

Jake Nebulus, Oct 31, 2018
  7. PeteAshby Win User

Gamertag

I would check to make sure you upgraded to gold with the correct email address. Normally, your gamer tag won't change when purchasing gold. In fact, you either have to change the gamer tag via an 800MSP purchase, or a forced change from the XBLPET.

I would log into your normal gamer tag on your console and then check to see what the email address should be. In the upper right hand corner of the screen, your gamer tag will roll over to your email address. If it doesn't, then you can change a setting
    in your account to get the Microsoft Email Address to show. It should be in your profile settings under 'Show Microsoft Account'.

If that still doesn't work, you can always call support at 1-800-4-MYXBOX, and they can aid you in confirming what the email address for your gamer tag should be.

I hope this helps!
  8. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

-

when you use a windows 8 PC, it will automatically create an xbox live account when one isn't present on the Microsoft Account.

If you want to move your old xbox live account to the email address you are using on the windows 8 PC. You will need to do the following.

1. download the profile currently on the email address (Microsoft Account) you are using on to the xbox 360 console.

2. Wait atleast 30 days.

3. Disconnect the Microsoft Account from your PC user, and don't sign in with the Microsoft Account (that was downloaded on the xbox 360 console in step 1). When it is signed in it might generate an xbox live account while you are trying to move it.

Or leave the PC turned off and any other device using that same Microsoft Account, while executing the next steps

4. Move the xbox live account to another Microsoft Account, to free up your email address you want to use for your old xbox live account

5. Move your old xbox live account to the just free'd up Microsoft Account. And all should be fine.

-

Please check the Notes section on this link as well:
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
    It basically has the same steps
  9. Jake Nebulus Win User

Thanks for the response.

Does that also include not signing into my primary account to pick up emails via hotmail.com???

Why is so difficult???

I have tried to log in via xbox.com to see if my primary hotmail account has a gamer tag, and it doesn't. Nothing has been created. I have been very careful to not sign into anything that would reset the 30 day timer.
  10. HyperVenom523 Win User

Change gamer tag email address.

That cant be done gamertags are tied to the email you register it you can change the tag but not the email...
  11. Jake Nebulus Win User

Thema:

1. Changing Email Address of Gamer Tag - Similar Threads - Changing Email Address

2. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  3. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  4. change email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    change email address: I no longer work at Audiology Systems and have no way of accessing emails sent to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. My xbox account is setup with this email...
  5. Change email address on profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email address on profile?: My son has been using my email address for his Minecraft account now I want to transfer his profile over to his email.address so I can use my own email address for my new xbox account. Can anyone...
  6. Changing Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Email Address: I am trying to change my "Account Alias" as it is an old college email that I no longer have access to. Under "add email" it does not give me the option to merge accounts: [img] I have my...
  7. Change email address on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change email address on xbox: My ex husband has his xbox linked to my email account. I've changed my password for security & privacy reasons but he now can't access his xbox without me giving him my new password which I don't...
  8. Need to change secondary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change secondary email address: I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to...
  9. How to change email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change email address?: I can't access my email account I originally used, and would like to change/update my account to my new email. But when I try to change it there is no option. How do I update my email address or...
  10. My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...: My account, which is my personal account (not this one), got hacked through Minecraft, I was trying to redeem a code for a rank on Hypixel, when I received a notification on my email that a new...