Changing download location on the xbox app

Discus and support Changing download location on the xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to switch locations to download (Windows C:) to a external drive (D:) it shows that it switched in the storage section but when I get... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jacob Beck-Erbs, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Changing download location on the xbox app

Whenever I try to switch locations to download (Windows CChanging download location on the xbox app :) to a external drive (DChanging download location on the xbox app :) it shows that it switched in the storage section but when I get out of settings it changes back. I have also tried in the system settings, and there I get the error code 0x80070002. I have already tried looked on youtube and on google for fixes and it doesn't work. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

Jacob Beck-Erbs, Mar 26, 2023
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox App not changing download location

Hi there Fuzzy welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. This might be an issue with the app itself! I suggest uninstalling the app completely! Everytime that it tried to give me a hard time I do this and it works wonders! Here are the steps!

https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/remo...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, K1ng0fM3. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Are you trying to change it inside the Xbox app or at the system settings too?

If you are only on the Xbox app, please try to change the system default location to install games and apps:

Go to Start (Windows Start) -> Settings -> System -> Storage -> Change where new content is saved (under 'More Storage Settings'). Change the setting "New Apps will install to:" to the drive you want to use.

If it doesn't work too, please let me know.
  4. Jacob Beck-Erbs Win User

Du kan se mit problem her

And another problem when I manually change my game's install location my install freezes. See here
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

All Windows Apps including games are installed to a hidden protected folder called WindowsApps. The WindowsApps folder on the C: drive will be located in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. On other drives on the PC it will be in the root directory of the drive, so for D:\ it will be D:\WindowsApps

To use your D:\ drive again you'll need to take control of this hidden folder on your D:\ drive, and delete it.Take a look at this guide.

Remember however, that in your case you need to take permission of the WindowsApps folder on D:\ drive, there is no need to change anything on the WindowsApps folder on C:\ drive. Everything else in the guide is the same

https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-access-windo...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  6. FuzzyCuzzy1 Win User

this did not work for me, anything else?
Thema:

1. Changing download location on the xbox app - Similar Threads - Changing download location

2. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  3. how to change servers on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change servers on xbox: i got my xbox in oregon and i think its still connected to the servers there cause when i test it on a speedtest website i get 10-13ms latency to the servers connected to dallas but 100-130ms when...
  4. Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!: So i had changed my gamertag on my series x console, and since then i am unable to download my 360 profile to play 360 games, for example L4D. i had called support twice & emailed, they are NO...
  5. Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...: I have acer aspire 3 laptop 5b31e84c-0fe8-43c3-9772-b5fb3577c8ed
  6. Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live: For some context I couldn't sign into my xbox account since 2021 on my xbox 360 and I thought changing my region from south africa to united states could allow me to sign in again and it worked...
  7. with changed DNS my download speed so slow, like 4 mbps

in XBoX on Consoles
    with changed DNS my download speed so slow, like 4 mbps: so slow download with changed DNS (auto dns are banned) 5016887f-1852-4bde-8e62-586d2fc62483
  8. How can I change the language of a game downloaded from Microsoft Store without changing my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I change the language of a game downloaded from Microsoft Store without changing my...: Hello, I have Age Of Empires IV downloaded from the Microsoft Store. My system's language (Windows 11) is hungarian, and the game's language is automatically set to the same. How can I set the...
  9. On the Microsoft Store, how do I change the location of the games I've downloaded or the...

in XBoX on Windows
    On the Microsoft Store, how do I change the location of the games I've downloaded or the...: I can't seem to find any way of changing the file location on the Microsoft Store for the games I have already downloaded and also the games that I want to download....
  10. What setting do I need to change so my son can download gifts from the Forza horizon 5...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What setting do I need to change so my son can download gifts from the Forza horizon 5...: My son can't access the auction house or the gifts from the message center. 3d3f2870-d946-4cdc-9e14-f4de4bd095c3