Changing child password in family account

Discus and support Changing child password in family account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been trying to change my childs password I didn't provide enough information because I didnt remember and it's connected to my account. It took... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CabertaCaesar, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Changing child password in family account

I have been trying to change my childs password I didn't provide enough information because I didnt remember and it's connected to my account. It took me hours to come here because I have been trying to follow instructions that makes no damn sense. I just want to get rid of Microsoft all together at this point. I need someone to call me and help me fix this. Send me an email to fix this I need something done. This account needs to be reset now!!

:)

CabertaCaesar, Nov 6, 2021
  2. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Child Account

Hello goboilers777,

Thank you for keeping us updated. The passkey is only for the Xbox. If the child knows the email address and password, the child will be able to change the family settings from a cell phone or computer. The best way to manage the security of the family settings
    is to set up the passkey on the console as recommended above and
    change the password of the adult account
    . If the child has access to the
    security information of the account
    , the child will be able to reset the password. In the event of attempting to change the password, the Microsoft account will send a verification code to the security information of the account. As long as the child does
    not have access to the security information, access to the password or access to the passkey; the child will not be able to change the family settings.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Thanks. I hope you are well and have a great weekend and year. Take care!
  4. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

A Microsoft agent or employee cannot help you recover your account.

''We understand your frustration if you discover you can't recover your account. The account recovery process is designed to protect your account and its contents.

This means our support agents and advocates can't do more than you can do for yourself with the account recovery form. They don't have the ability to send you password reset links or provide you other ways to access or change account details.''

More information.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  5. CabertaCaesar Win User

Well I hope this changes because years ago recovering an account I haven't used was easier. Having to many accounts is annoying but something should be done about this because when I am in my account I provided consent for the account to be made so the fact that I dont have access to the account doesn't make any sense. It's like no one is thinking when they create these systems. Yes I understand it's to protect the account sure but protect and make it make sense. That don't make any sense. I gave consent I should have access to his account it's a child we're talking about here. But ok, thanks for your response. Have a wonderful weekend and year.
  6. ngocphi Win User

password lock a child account

thats privacy settings LOL

they can login all they want and play online

PARENTAL settings cannot be changed by the child user unless you give them the password

this requires the parental password

child accounts cannot change to adults magically

you can change privacy and family settings with the parental password which i hope you do not give to your children

you have have it so they cannot post any info on the bio

again please look at the family account and the family settings link i posted previously
Thema:

1. Changing child password in family account - Similar Threads - Changing child password

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?: I have a family account set up. I am the owner and I have one child on it. Every time we try to log them in on Xbox, it requires a password. I want to change it so that we don't have to enter a...
  7. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  8. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  9. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  10. Hiw do I change my child's password if he has forgotten it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hiw do I change my child's password if he has forgotten it: My son has forgotten his password for his Xbox account andi amstruggling to locate the part of my account that holds it, to have it changed. Any help is much appreciated...