Changing Child account to Adult (xbox.com)

Discus and support Changing Child account to Adult (xbox.com) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the X1 has been out nothing but problems on this site. I hear they are being fixed. but I have ran into another problem with child accounts and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by APEXASSASSlN, Jan 5, 2014.

1. APEXASSASSlN
    APEXASSASSlN Guest

Since the X1 has been out nothing but problems on this site. I hear they are being fixed. but I have ran into another problem with child accounts and changing them to adults. I want to get something for my son and im trying to change he's account to adult
    using the site, The site keeps converting me to support on the X1 telling me I can't change it using the console.

[EDIT] For to mention I want to but something on the 360 without using he's console as he's playing at the mo.

:)

APEXASSASSlN, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Account Settings!!

If youre using a child account, you’ll need to sign into an adult account to change the settings. If youre on an adult account and its not saving your setting changes on console, try logging into xbox.com and changing your account settings there.

BaconisGood53, Jan 5, 2014
  3. BarbaraClay
    BarbaraClay Guest
    Adult to child Account

How do we change an adult account to a child account. We tried changing the birthdate, but it still says it is an adult account.

BarbaraClay, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

I think if you've entered his details correctly all he has to do is turn 18.

Azrael008uk, Jan 5, 2014
  5. APEXASSASSlN
    APEXASSASSlN Guest
    Cos I've set he's account so he can't purchase. I want to change it using the site. When I try it, it transfers me to support telling me I can't do it on the X1. When its the 360 I want to do it on.

APEXASSASSlN, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    I see what you mean.

Hope you get sorted out.

Try the "Support" features up above on this site.

The "Web Chat" folks have usually been ok for me.

Azrael008uk, Jan 5, 2014
  7. I find a phone call to Xbox support gets these things sorted very quickly. Great support service each time I have used it

ThisParty©FitsHisFace, Oct 31, 2018
  8. BaconisGood53 Win User

Account Settings!!

If youre using a child account, you’ll need to sign into an adult account to change the settings. If youre on an adult account and its not saving your setting changes on console, try logging into xbox.com and changing your account settings there.
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

Taking off the parent account

Hi Hendo,

Thanks for coming to the forums. If the account is still a child it is recommended to keep the adult account assigned to the family until the child account graduates to an adult account. If you are an adult and made a child account in error there is

ways you can prove your age.
    As on Xbox.com you are unable to change the birthdate at all.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  10. The Viral Cyrix Win User

How can I become an adult account

Help please!

I have an adult account which I have tried to register as a child on xbox.com and they have taken the money 50p from my account but have not updated it's status. Therefore I cannot put restrictions on the account. It seems my only option is to delete it
    but I don't understand why it's not registering as a child when the birthdate is a childs and they have registered that they have taken payment???
    You cannot change an Adult account to a child account. The 50p charge is to change a child account to an adult account
  11. XBF Brad A Win User

Demote Adult account to Child

Hi Nicole,

The only way is to create a new account as a child account. The birthday on Xbox.com is the one that cant be changed once it is set. So the adult account will stay an adult account. If you make a child account and the games are on his adult account. Set
    the adult account as home, put a passkey on it so he cant log on it. Then the child account can use the gold and the games.

https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Thanks,

Brad
  12. Azrael008uk Win User

I think if you've entered his details correctly all he has to do is turn 18.
Thema:

1. Changing Child account to Adult (xbox.com) - Similar Threads - Changing Child account

2. Is there anyway to change my account from a childs account to an adults account ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to change my account from a childs account to an adults account ?: I have had an xbox for many years and when I set it up I had created 2 accounts : One for my dad and one for me. When we did this my account was made as a child's one and my dads an adult using...
  3. How To Change Account From A Child Account When Not In A Family Group.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How To Change Account From A Child Account When Not In A Family Group.: I am over 13yrs and my parents allowed me to create a Microsoft account but I account has been put to a child account and I can't move out of it because none of my parents have a Microsoft account...
  4. Cant change my child accounts birthdate

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change my child accounts birthdate: When I originally created my child's account, I messed up because it was 1 year younger than it was supposed to be. He would be 13 now and able to change it himself but he can't. how do I fix...
  5. Need to change a child account into a parent/adult account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change a child account into a parent/adult account.: Hello, my daughter has had her Xbox for a few years now and I think she's old enough to have 0 restriction on her console, because there are a lot of silly things she still needs help fixing,...
  6. Change XBL account from child account to adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change XBL account from child account to adult account: Need help migrating my XBL account from a child account to an adult account. 0eb9c2ec-f570-4ca1-8ca8-d8df5f47a0b1
  7. How to change child account into adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change child account into adult account: I wanna know how to do so please help me i need to do it on my phone Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbqpqpqpqpqpqpqpqppqpqpwpwpwpwppqpwpqpqpp 679a1e5e-784d-4063-9c39-a2b21c6a2c60
  8. Change of child’s age on family account / change didn’t apply

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change of child’s age on family account / change didn’t apply: I was able to successfully correct my child’s age within my family account because he’s over 18. However, when he tries to play certain games (NBA 2K22 on XBOX 1), he gets an error he doesn’t age...
  9. Change an xBox child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change an xBox child account to an adult account: My son is now 18, and this is reflected in the date of birth shown in his xBox account. I can't, however, find any way to allow him to take control of his child account or promote it to an adult...
  10. Unable to Change Purchase Settings (Account is somehow both a Child & Organizer)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Change Purchase Settings (Account is somehow both a Child & Organizer): Hi, recently I partook in the Minecraft migration, and was not-so-pleasantly surprised upon seeing that I basically had just deleted any and all access to Minecraft without simply purchasing the...