Changing Child account to Adult (xbox.com)

Discus and support Changing Child account to Adult (xbox.com) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the X1 has been out nothing but problems on this site. I hear they are being fixed. but I have ran into another problem with child accounts and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by APEXASSASSlN, Jan 5, 2014.

1. APEXASSASSlN
    APEXASSASSlN Guest

Since the X1 has been out nothing but problems on this site. I hear they are being fixed. but I have ran into another problem with child accounts and changing them to adults. I want to get something for my son and im trying to change he's account to adult
    using the site, The site keeps converting me to support on the X1 telling me I can't change it using the console.

[EDIT] For to mention I want to but something on the 360 without using he's console as he's playing at the mo.

:)

APEXASSASSlN, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Account Settings!!

If youre using a child account, you’ll need to sign into an adult account to change the settings. If youre on an adult account and its not saving your setting changes on console, try logging into xbox.com and changing your account settings there.

BaconisGood53, Jan 5, 2014
  3. BarbaraClay
    BarbaraClay Guest
    Adult to child Account

How do we change an adult account to a child account. We tried changing the birthdate, but it still says it is an adult account.

BarbaraClay, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

I think if you've entered his details correctly all he has to do is turn 18.

Azrael008uk, Jan 5, 2014
  5. APEXASSASSlN
    APEXASSASSlN Guest
    Cos I've set he's account so he can't purchase. I want to change it using the site. When I try it, it transfers me to support telling me I can't do it on the X1. When its the 360 I want to do it on.

APEXASSASSlN, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    I see what you mean.

Hope you get sorted out.

Try the "Support" features up above on this site.

The "Web Chat" folks have usually been ok for me.

Azrael008uk, Jan 5, 2014
  7. I find a phone call to Xbox support gets these things sorted very quickly. Great support service each time I have used it

ThisParty©FitsHisFace, Oct 31, 2018
  8. BaconisGood53 Win User

Account Settings!!

If youre using a child account, you’ll need to sign into an adult account to change the settings. If youre on an adult account and its not saving your setting changes on console, try logging into xbox.com and changing your account settings there.
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

Taking off the parent account

Hi Hendo,

Thanks for coming to the forums. If the account is still a child it is recommended to keep the adult account assigned to the family until the child account graduates to an adult account. If you are an adult and made a child account in error there is

ways you can prove your age.
    As on Xbox.com you are unable to change the birthdate at all.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  10. The Viral Cyrix Win User

How can I become an adult account

Help please!

I have an adult account which I have tried to register as a child on xbox.com and they have taken the money 50p from my account but have not updated it's status. Therefore I cannot put restrictions on the account. It seems my only option is to delete it
    but I don't understand why it's not registering as a child when the birthdate is a childs and they have registered that they have taken payment???
    You cannot change an Adult account to a child account. The 50p charge is to change a child account to an adult account
  11. Azrael008uk Win User

I think if you've entered his details correctly all he has to do is turn 18.
  12. ThisParty©FitsHisFa Win User

I find a phone call to Xbox support gets these things sorted very quickly. Great support service each time I have used it
Thema:

1. Changing Child account to Adult (xbox.com) - Similar Threads - Changing Child account

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  7. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  8. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  9. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....
  10. How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?: How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? None of the previous threads answers this question as it has since changed. Please include step by step instructions. Under the...