Changing Caps in Gamertag

Discus and support Changing Caps in Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'd like to change my gamertag from to . Is this possible? 619f5ca0-c3e0-4e20-bfeb-c91491f694b3 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mommeetsgames, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Changing Caps in Gamertag

I'd like to change my gamertag from to . Is this possible?

:)

mommeetsgames, Dec 26, 2015
  2. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest
    Does Anyone Know How To Fix This?

Is it in Caps on your Xbox 360? If so, then sorry. That's a known Glitch that has been around a while. There's no "fix" other then changing your GT to something else, then changing it back to the one prior ensuring the Caps are
    correct (on/ off).

Elohmn, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Judge
    Judge Guest
    Gamertag appearing in all caps?

^^ Shows as all CAPS for me. OP, here is what I said to another user about this issue yesterday:

"It is a known glitch that to this day has not been able to be fixed for many. The best method to get this fixed would be to contact Support via a forum chat right here. Go to Billing and Subscriptions > Account Management > Other. Next, select Contact
    Method #2, Support Chat. I saw a user claim that Support was able to fix the issue this way. It would be best to provide them screenshots of what it appears like on your Xbox and what it appears like here, in order to show them it is an actual issue and you
    just aren't trying to get a free GamerTag change.

However, some users were not so lucky but have reported that they were able to fix it by changing their name to something else then changing it back to what they wanted it to appear like.

Good luck!"

forums.xbox.com/.../409286.aspx

Judge, Dec 26, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

I don't think it will let you change the caps because the system will see the gamertag as already being assigned. Even if you could change it you would be charged for the change.

{Parity}, Dec 26, 2015
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You would have to pay to change your tag to something else first. Then change it back. You would have to pay for each change.

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

You would have to pay to change your tag to something else first. Then change it back. You would have to pay for each change.
  7. Smwutches Win User

change caps in gamertag

The system doesn't see things like capitalization as making a gamertag unique. So in order to change it, you would need to change your tag to something else and then change it back.
  8. {Parity} Win User

I don't think it will let you change the caps because the system will see the gamertag as already being assigned. Even if you could change it you would be charged for the change.
  9. VibroPlex Win User

Caps in Gamertag were changed?

Known bug in the system, often corrects itself in 4-5 days. No manual solution known.
  10. Miss Kleo Win User

Caps in Gamertag were changed?

Hey OohY! As Vibroplex said, this does occasionally happen. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to resolve this issue at the time being. Often this does correct itself so rather than paying the 1600 MSP to change your GT twice, just hold tight, and this
    should adjust itself!
Thema:

1. Changing Caps in Gamertag - Similar Threads - Changing Caps Gamertag

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  8. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  9. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  10. my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...

in XBoX on Windows
    my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...: headset chat mixed not working a7cea632-3764-4dba-b8c0-97751ed0576b