Changing account

Discus and support Changing account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I set up my son's xbox live account I used my email address as he didn't have on at the time. Now that he has an email address I want to remove... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by buttfurr, Jan 4, 2014.

1. buttfurr
    buttfurr Guest

Changing account

When I set up my son's xbox live account I used my email address as he didn't have on at the time. Now that he has an email address I want to remove my email address and name from his live account and use his name and email address but cannot figure it
    out. Lastly, I would like to be able to keep his gamertag plus his credits etc, thank yoyu

:)

buttfurr, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Moshimo
    Moshimo Guest
    Account Change Question...

I sold my brother my Gears Xbox One S along with my external HDD which had all my games on it. He'll have to use my account to play, right? I'm wondering if he could change my account's gamertag and email and make it his own and when I get another Xbox, can I reclaim my Mosh1mo name if he changed the gamertag from that name? Sorry for the confusing questions. Just wondering what my options are. I'll probably have to start all over, huh?

Moshimo, Jan 4, 2014
  3. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    Account Change Question...

It becomes available. Again though, you can just set the console as your home console. Then he can access the games from his own account and you'll still have the games for when you get a new console.

IndieRock, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

Changing account

This depends how old he is. If hr under 18. U still need ur email address to give him permission. But u need go to go to manage account. And change Microsoft account. Sorry I can't give u a link. I type this on a 360. It has no copy and paest function.

Dakrkplayer2, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Account changes

Hi there target. You are correct. Go ahead and use your old account until June 21st, and then start using your new one. Let us know if you have anymore questions, and thanks for using the forums! :D
  6. onyxishere Win User

changing account

If you are over 18 years old you can
    promote your child account to adult
    . However, if you are not over 18 there is nothing you can do.

Also, if you are part of the family gold pack and are over 18 please be aware that all sub accounts on the family pack are considered child accounts while they are part of that package. The only way to get around that for your account is to have it removed
    from the family pack. If you are and choose to be removed, you will retain your gold status and can be re-added after 5 days.
  7. HassanB Win User

Account changes

If you click the link in my previous post it takes you to the number for your country/region. I know you can't use the contact us option due to updating your security proofs.

The reason they gave it a month to change the security information is for unauthorized access cases. They can't tell when an account has been taken due to an old e-mail possibly being compromised. The only way you'll be able to cancel your subscription is by
    contacting phone support directly.
  8. HyruleBalverine Win User

Account changes

9. JosephBissell Win User

changing accounts

If you downloaded your account in the last 30 days it can trigger that message. If you have downloaded the profile onto any console, you must wait 30 days afterwards to change the Microsoft Account.
Thema:

Changing account

1. Changing account - Similar Threads - Changing account

2. My account changed a card that was not on my account anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    My account changed a card that was not on my account anymore: My account changed a card that was not on my account anymore 6a83efcb-76d3-48a2-944f-7edde445ddf9
  3. I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant access my minecraft account because my email changed out of nowhere: My ign is Gamer_6451 Hey i was playing minecraft and i gave a single use code for microsoft because i didnt read the email fully and now i cant access my minecraft account, I tried signing in...
  4. I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...: All of my stuff says I am a adult account and it still doesn’t work. be22e80e-a1e9-43cc-ad87-73a68f02c76f
  5. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

in XboX Insiders
    Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email): Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to be able to take control of the...
  6. microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft account hacked and email changed but password still the same: Hello, a russian dude hacked into my Microsoft account and changed the email but he didn't change the password, I want to change my email but it needs confirmation from the email account he...
  7. My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account was hacked and got changed password and now i cant do anything i cant log in too...: i got home from school and wanted to play games and saw that i couldn’t log in i tried everything and still nothing worked 3a48f0a3-a93d-464a-91e7-06d6ff615d3a
  8. How can i change my privacy setting from a teen account?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i change my privacy setting from a teen account?: I am on a playstation five but i have just installed a xbox owned game (sea of thieves) i wanted to talk to people in game but i cant hear anyone and no one can hear me i am using my old microsoft...
  9. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  10. My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in

in XBoX on Windows
    My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in: Someone hacked my account changed the email so I can’t do the 2 factor authentication 149106d6-c982-4ec2-85d6-2189fbdc2218