Changing account

Discus and support Changing account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I set up my son's xbox live account I used my email address as he didn't have on at the time. Now that he has an email address I want to remove... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by buttfurr, Jan 4, 2014.

1. buttfurr
    buttfurr Guest

Changing account

When I set up my son's xbox live account I used my email address as he didn't have on at the time. Now that he has an email address I want to remove my email address and name from his live account and use his name and email address but cannot figure it
    out. Lastly, I would like to be able to keep his gamertag plus his credits etc, thank yoyu

:)

buttfurr, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Moshimo
    Moshimo Guest
    Account Change Question...

I sold my brother my Gears Xbox One S along with my external HDD which had all my games on it. He'll have to use my account to play, right? I'm wondering if he could change my account's gamertag and email and make it his own and when I get another Xbox, can I reclaim my Mosh1mo name if he changed the gamertag from that name? Sorry for the confusing questions. Just wondering what my options are. I'll probably have to start all over, huh?

Moshimo, Jan 4, 2014
  3. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    Account Change Question...

It becomes available. Again though, you can just set the console as your home console. Then he can access the games from his own account and you'll still have the games for when you get a new console.

IndieRock, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

Changing account

This depends how old he is. If hr under 18. U still need ur email address to give him permission. But u need go to go to manage account. And change Microsoft account. Sorry I can't give u a link. I type this on a 360. It has no copy and paest function.

Dakrkplayer2, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Account changes

Hi there target. You are correct. Go ahead and use your old account until June 21st, and then start using your new one. Let us know if you have anymore questions, and thanks for using the forums! :D
  6. onyxishere Win User

changing account

If you are over 18 years old you can
    promote your child account to adult
    . However, if you are not over 18 there is nothing you can do.

Also, if you are part of the family gold pack and are over 18 please be aware that all sub accounts on the family pack are considered child accounts while they are part of that package. The only way to get around that for your account is to have it removed
    from the family pack. If you are and choose to be removed, you will retain your gold status and can be re-added after 5 days.
  7. HassanB Win User

Account changes

If you click the link in my previous post it takes you to the number for your country/region. I know you can't use the contact us option due to updating your security proofs.

The reason they gave it a month to change the security information is for unauthorized access cases. They can't tell when an account has been taken due to an old e-mail possibly being compromised. The only way you'll be able to cancel your subscription is by
    contacting phone support directly.
  8. HyruleBalverine Win User

Account changes

9. JosephBissell Win User

changing accounts

If you downloaded your account in the last 30 days it can trigger that message. If you have downloaded the profile onto any console, you must wait 30 days afterwards to change the Microsoft Account.
Thema:

Changing account

1. Changing account - Similar Threads - Changing account

2. How can I change the email associated with an Xbox account when I can’t access the email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change the email associated with an Xbox account when I can’t access the email...: I just wanna change the email to an Xbox account (that I have used for many years) and I don’t have access anymore because the password was changed. Essentially it was created by my mom back when...
  3. my account has been hacked, the gmail is changed, how to i recover it??

in XBoX Accessibility
    my account has been hacked, the gmail is changed, how to i recover it??: as i said in the title, my acocunt has been hacked and turned into *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***, which is not my email normally. i had minecraft java BOUGHT...
  4. My microsoft account has been hacked and hacker changed email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account has been hacked and hacker changed email: microsoft account hacked and email has been changed. cant answer ACSR form as it asks what email has been hacked so i enter thaqt but it says it doesnt exist.. because it was changed...
  5. Minecraft Account gone after trying to change password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Account gone after trying to change password: Yesterday evening, I tryed to change my password on my microsoft account to get further security for my account. Changing password worked out fine, but I wasnt able to login with the password I...
  6. Changing the Microsoft Account linked to my Xbox Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing the Microsoft Account linked to my Xbox Account: Several years back, I got an Xbox One to replace my Xbox 360 but I didn't have a Microsoft account at the time, so, to create an account, my mom let me use her account. Several years later, I...
  7. Can't change account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change account: Can't change accounts on PC in any of Xbox, Minecraft or the Microsoft store. On xbox/minecraft when i press the "switch account" button, a window pops up but instantly vanished and nothing...
  8. Sold my account years ago, recovered the email and changed password recently, account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sold my account years ago, recovered the email and changed password recently, account is...: I’m asking mainly because I want to see what DLC I may have had with said account but I literally cannot access it because it was perma banned in their possession for reasons I still don’t know...
  9. xbox gamertag account name changed randomly. Need to email Microsoft in someway

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox gamertag account name changed randomly. Need to email Microsoft in someway: I have no login activity, and my normal gamertag by no means goes against code of conduct. I have no prior Enforcment history and active suspensions. I changed my name to what it rightfully was....
  10. gave microsoft/xbox account to a friend, and even after logging them out or changing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gave microsoft/xbox account to a friend, and even after logging them out or changing...: I gave my gamepass account to a friend and am now trying to log my account out of all devices, even after removing it from devices on the account page and even changing the password they are still...