changing account name

Discus and support changing account name in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to change the account name and I cannot find the option to change it. Any ideas? e0a8fa38-baf2-4ad5-b6fb-06f5e5ed0c2f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by smatps09, Jan 2, 2014.

1. smatps09
    smatps09 Guest

changing account name

I am trying to change the account name and I cannot find the option to change it. Any ideas?

:)

smatps09, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Changing account name.

Well, I have finally decided on a name for my account (this was the live auto-assigned one, but I have one question I couldn't find an answer to.

If I rename my account do I lose my progress in games? Like my levels for online gaming and my progress in campaigns?

DesiredWarrior1, Jan 2, 2014
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Change your Xbox LIVE account information

Overview

It is possible to change information associated with your Xbox LIVE account like your name, address, phone number or email address.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have moved to another country and you would like to access Xbox LIVE from there, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new location.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account and Sign In with your Microsoft Account. (This is the email and password that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account).

2) Make the changes you want to your billings account information and then click Save.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on your console.

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Proceed to Settings, and then select Account.

3) Select Your Information, and then go to Billing Information.

4) Sign In with your Microsoft account password.

5) Change your billing account information and then click Done.

In case you want to change the billing name on your Xbox LIVE account, go to Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Jan 2, 2014
  4. changing account name

I'm assuming you are referring to the name your Xbox One greets you with when you sign in when it says "Hi, xxxxxxx!". You can change this over at
    https://account.live.com. Under
    Overview select Edit Name. Whatever is entered in the
    First Name field is how the Xbox will greet you. Hope this helps!

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Will this have a delay in updating? It still greeted me by my gamertag.

AdmiralCB1586, Oct 31, 2018
  6. butcha420 Win User

Changing the name on an account

7. eG x Thee Elf Win User

changing account name

I'm assuming you are referring to the name your Xbox One greets you with when you sign in when it says "Hi, xxxxxxx!". You can change this over at
    https://account.live.com. Under
    Overview select Edit Name. Whatever is entered in the
    First Name field is how the Xbox will greet you. Hope this helps!
  8. davemcfly85 Win User

Account name was changed?

that type of name (random name/number combo) means you got a forced name change as your old one was against the rules. if you want to change it to something else, you will have to pay 10 bucks to change it. FYI do not change it to another name that is
    against the rules as too many force name changes results in perm ban of Live.
  9. AdmiralCB1586 Win User

changing account name

Will this have a delay in updating? It still greeted me by my gamertag.
  10. Smwutches Win User

Account name change

Unfortunately no. The system doesn't see things like spaces or different cases as making a gamertag unique. So you would actually have to change your gamertag to something different and then change it again to make it lowercase. So you would actually have
    to change your gamertag twice (and pay both times).
Thema:

changing account name

1. changing account name - Similar Threads - changing account name

2. someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name: Some spy broke into my computer and changed the name of my Minecraft Java account, I can't revert it or change it again (because of the 30 days), it's a rare name, and I can't contact support on...
  3. How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change existing microsoft account to my sons name and email address keeping the...: Every since my son has moved out and got his own xbox, the games, data and stuff he paid for in games he wants to keep. Would this be possible or can someone suggest any other alternative? The...
  4. Someone hacked my minecraft account and changed my name

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone hacked my minecraft account and changed my name: I want to change it back but it says I can't until 30 have passed. I wanted to ask If there's any way to change it back earlier since I didn't even do the first change and now I have to wait....
  5. How can I change the real name on a child xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I change the real name on a child xbox account?: I cant seem to find the tab called How you look. Thats where I can change the real name on my xbox account but when we set up my kids account it was set up once and the option is missing...
  6. How can I sign back into my account once I've changed the name and then logged out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I sign back into my account once I've changed the name and then logged out?: I recently changed the name of my Microsoft account and then logged out. Now, when I log back in, it is looking for the old name of the same account I changed the name of. What do I do?...
  7. how do i change my real name on my xbox account on pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i change my real name on my xbox account on pc: Im on PC, and i wanted to change my real name on my xbox account. i changed it but it wont update. the account details say that my name is (dont question it) but when i search up my account on...
  8. So i made a xbox account and i choose my name and i haven’t changed it but it won’t let me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So i made a xbox account and i choose my name and i haven’t changed it but it won’t let me...: So i made a xbox account and i choose my name and i haven’t changed it but it won’t let me change my gamertag please help me 418eb6b4-cdc6-4a0c-b77a-c5667bf879ce
  9. Is there a limit on how many times you can change your name on your account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a limit on how many times you can change your name on your account?: Hello, I am wondering if there is a limit on changing your name on your Microsoft account. Located in https://account.microsoft.com/profile/. I am trans and exploring my identity, including name....
  10. i was looking to change my name and i went on another account to change it there but it now...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i was looking to change my name and i went on another account to change it there but it now...: i have been trying to change my name i was on 1 account looking how the name looked then i went on another account and went to change it now there’s numbers behind it and no one on xbox has this...