changed Xbox companion app over a month ago, but app still shows old gamertag

Discus and support changed Xbox companion app over a month ago, but app still shows old gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Xbox Console Companion app (on pc) shows my old gamertag [img] I clicked the 'change gamertag' link over a month ago. it directed me to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bobby12eol, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Bobby12eol
    Bobby12eol Guest

My Xbox Console Companion app (on pc) shows my old gamertag

changed Xbox companion app over a month ago, but app still shows old gamertag [​IMG]

I clicked the 'change gamertag' link over a month ago. it directed me to social.xbox.com where I changed it (for free).

When I click on the link again, I see my new gamertag on social.xbox.com

changed Xbox companion app over a month ago, but app still shows old gamertag [​IMG]

If I insert a new gamertag, I'll have to pay a fee.

my xbox profile shows the following tag:

Why does the Xbox companion app still show the old one?

:)

Bobby12eol, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Bobby12eol. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Have you tried to sign out and then in again from the Xbox Companion App?

Please try to do it and let me know if it still shows your old gamertag.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Since your new gamertag is showing on all apps and websites and not only on the companion app, it is probably just a cache issue.

Try to reset the companion app:

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox console companion > Advanced options > Reset.

Restart your computer and sign in to it again to see if the old gamertag still shows on it.
  4. Bobby12eol Win User

I did sign out and back in again, no change
  5. OG Gamer Win User

Old gamertag showing on Xbox app

Hi, for some reason my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app, yet I changed my gamertag ages ago. Is there any reason why my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app rather than my new gamertag?
    Try signing out and then signing back in.
  6. TheDualPistols Win User

COD Ghosts App - All You Need To Know

I changed my gamertag months ago but it says my old name on the app, can this be changed somehow?
Thema:

1. changed Xbox companion app over a month ago, but app still shows old gamertag - Similar Threads - changed companion app

2. Cant change pin settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change pin settings?: Recently charged $700 that wasn't my purchase and in trying to prevent that I’m adding a pin when purchasing but Xbox says “You can use your pin, but we cant change its settings right now”….I have...
  3. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  4. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  5. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  6. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  7. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  8. changing the wheel or button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing the wheel or button mapping: I am having issues with my stealth 700 gen 2 headset I can get it to synce fine to both the my series x and my phone but I can not control any volume or 230c3222-84a1-4134-bd89-e766cd4425c2
  9. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  10. With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?: The website doesn't have an option for custom pfps and the xbox app has never had the option. I don't have a phone atm and I found a good picture to use instead. 52c76ec7-6776-4125-a869-8a2143429070