Changed the name of my Gamertag, now my backwards compatibility games won't work.

Discus and support Changed the name of my Gamertag, now my backwards compatibility games won't work. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently paid ten dollars to change my gamertag name (not a new account, just changed the name to my existing account). After doing so, I went to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by D2 Dean Portman, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Changed the name of my Gamertag, now my backwards compatibility games won't work.

I recently paid ten dollars to change my gamertag name (not a new account, just changed the name to my existing account). After doing so, I went to play some games that I downloaded previous to the change (Gears of War 2, 3, and Judgement). I downloaded
    these games for free after my purchase of Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. When I select Gears of War 2, 3, or Judgement to play, it loads up the Xbox 360 title screen, then the title screen for the game and shortly thereafter I see a notification (and Xbox
    360 branded notification) that says "Xbox Live has been disconnected". I checked my connection and I am still connected to Xbox Live, it is just not recognizing the changed gamertag name. I would like to be able to play these games even though I changed the
    gamertag name (but the profile account info is the same). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Aaron

:)

D2 Dean Portman, Feb 24, 2016
  2. BenJamm1ng
    BenJamm1ng Guest
    Changed my Gamertag on Xbox one now cant use Xbox 360 games

Hi,

I recently changed my Gamertag on my xbox one but now i cant lay any backwards compatibility games i have downloaded. My old gemertage comes up but i cant select it or import the new one

Thanks

Ben

BenJamm1ng, Feb 24, 2016
  3. DatGuySic
    DatGuySic Guest
    Backward Compateble

No. Controllers and accessories that work with Xbox 360 won't work with Xbox One (and vice versa). Also not all games are compatible, please check this link for available games as of now

www.xbox.com/.../backward-compatibility

Thanks

DatGuySic, Feb 24, 2016
  4. Changed the name of my Gamertag, now my backwards compatibility games won't work.

Hey D2 Dean Portman,

When you start up a backwards compatible game, bring up the 360 Guide by pressing the Menu and View buttons at the same time. From the guide, select Download Profile. Enter your credentials to redownload the profile and have your Gamertag change reflected
    on 360 as well as the One.

Hope this helps!

~Blitz

SPS-40B1869D-52C4-424D-80A4-BAB160E57F66, Feb 25, 2016
  5. I entered my info to download my profile. After doing so, I get an error message saying that "Xbox live profiles can not be downloaded right now" I restarted my Xbox one and tried to download the profile several times. Please help.

KrusteKrabPitsa, Jun 29, 2016
  6. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey there KrusteKrabPitsa!

Sorry to hear about the profile trouble. So that we can best help out please create a new thread, as this particular thread is from February. Thank you Changed the name of my Gamertag, now my backwards compatibility games won't work. :)

Mister Maka, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Mister Maka Win User

Changed the name of my Gamertag, now my backwards compatibility games won't work.

Hey there KrusteKrabPitsa!

Sorry to hear about the profile trouble. So that we can best help out please create a new thread, as this particular thread is from February. Thank you :)
  8. KrusteKrabPitsa Win User

I entered my info to download my profile. After doing so, I get an error message saying that "Xbox live profiles can not be downloaded right now" I restarted my Xbox one and tried to download the profile several times. Please help.
  9. SPS-40B1869D-52C4-42 Win User

Hey D2 Dean Portman,

When you start up a backwards compatible game, bring up the 360 Guide by pressing the Menu and View buttons at the same time. From the guide, select Download Profile. Enter your credentials to redownload the profile and have your Gamertag change reflected
    on 360 as well as the One.

Hope this helps!

~Blitz
  10. n0rb3l s3maj Win User

Maximum 360 Password Length Still Only 16 Characters???

I recently changed my gamertag on xbox one and made a longer password now when I go to play a 360 backwards compatible game on xbox one it says I have to re download profile so my gamertag will change but my password for live is too long on 360
  11. Smwutches Win User

Request a game for backwards compatibility?

There is no where to request a game to be backwards compatible. If it hasn't been made compatible by now, it won't be unless something changes in the future. The last batch of games added were the last ones to be made compatible.
Thema:

1. Changed the name of my Gamertag, now my backwards compatibility games won't work. - Similar Threads - Changed name Gamertag

2. Name Change of Xbox Live, it makes buying the right product hard

in XboX Insiders
    Name Change of Xbox Live, it makes buying the right product hard: The name change of the Xbox Live Gold subscription just makes it hard to differentiate Xbox Game Pass and (the old) Xbox live. it made me mess up and lose my money on it submitted by...
  3. Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?: Gamertag is not free for my first time 24d80f9b-b61d-4a64-8811-83285f8f35cc
  4. How do i change my minecraft name without waiting 30 days

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change my minecraft name without waiting 30 days: recently i changed my name to something inappropriate but i did not realise that it was inappropriate until i got banned from a server then looked at the reason ive been told to contact support...
  5. someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name: Some spy broke into my computer and changed the name of my Minecraft Java account, I can't revert it or change it again (because of the 30 days), it's a rare name, and I can't contact support on...
  6. I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...: I am on xbox one s and yesterday i changed my name after 2 years. I did not use the classic custom gamertag option and after i changed it it updated it in all of my games but when i am in a party...
  7. How to change your old gaming tag name

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change your old gaming tag name: How change back your old gamingtag name a0eed571-9922-4033-a945-d02be4d8e55a
  8. How can Microsoft charge to change gamertag after an auto name was given to me?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can Microsoft charge to change gamertag after an auto name was given to me?: Hello. I am new to Xbox world bought an Xbox Series X one week ago. While setting up my Xbox account online I had a default username , so I wanted to have the same as the one I have on my...
  9. I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...: My gamertag is "Pills" not spelled any differently; I believe I was forced name changed but have yet to see a notification about it. Some people have told me they will get my gamertag banned...
  10. I don’t have a name change and I need one cuz my friend changed my gamertag with out me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don’t have a name change and I need one cuz my friend changed my gamertag with out me...: My friend come over when I was playing xbox and he changed my username when I went downstairs and now I have no name changes so I need another one could someone help me please...