Changed my primary alias and deleted my old alias and lost access to my minecraft account

Discus and support Changed my primary alias and deleted my old alias and lost access to my minecraft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have changed my primary alias, then deleted my old one. This caused me to lose access to my minecraft account. It did not say or warn me anywhere... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by yuma N, Mar 22, 2023.

1. yuma N
    yuma N Guest

Changed my primary alias and deleted my old alias and lost access to my minecraft account

I have changed my primary alias, then deleted my old one. This caused me to lose access to my minecraft account. It did not say or warn me anywhere that this would happen. Is there any way that I can recover my minecraft account or get back my old alias?

This is incredibly frustrating and the minecraft account is very important to me.

:)

yuma N, Mar 22, 2023
  2. yuma N Win User

So i created a microsoft account and redeemed a gift card code for minecraft java edition. Everything normal and i can play the game.

Recently I have changed my primary alias of my microsoft account, which is the primary email, and then i deleted my old alias. Doing this made me lose access to minecraft account. Before I could play it no problem but now it says "Play Demo" in the launcher, meaning i dont have access to it.

I hope I can recover the minecraft account with a transaction ID or revert back to the old email alias.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, when you added the new Alias you should have kept the old one in the account, as it was linked to Minecraft.

Try contacting Mojang support to see if they can help you.

Minecraft Support

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us
  4. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. May I know what's the exact error when you're trying to access your account on Minecraft?
  5. ll Merkaba ll Win User

Change gamertag email on Xbox One

I changed the email on my gamer tag by signing in to microsoft live account, creating a new alias and assigning it as the primary account, then deleting the old alias.
  6. Kev7420 Win User

Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to Another Microsoft Account Email?

do not delete the Microsoft account you want to change the primary alias then delete the old email address you no longer have access to
Thema:

1. Changed my primary alias and deleted my old alias and lost access to my minecraft account - Similar Threads - Changed primary alias

2. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  3. Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.: A few weeks ago i changed my Primary email from my dads to my own and afterwards any microsoft apps on my laptop(Xbox App, Microsoft store, onedrive, Etc.) won't let me sign in, as soon as i put...
  4. My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email

in XBoX Accessibility
    My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email: Recently on October 22th I got a notification from my email telling me the following: I think I have been hacked because the email that is has been changed to I do not recognize at all. I tried...
  5. Why does my account not allow me to change my primary alias to my gmail? normally this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my account not allow me to change my primary alias to my gmail? normally this...: We were unable to make ###@gmail.com your primary alias. Please try again later. This has been ongoing for nearly a month or more cf2aeaf8-61bc-4fd3-9b25-7d01e5aa7f91
  6. Cannot change Primary Alias for XboxLiveFamily account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change Primary Alias for XboxLiveFamily account: I am trying to update the primary alias on my Microsoft account. Microsoft does not allow this for this type of account, an XboxLiveFamily account. Instead, I am given the message "Your...
  7. My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!: A few months ago, and yes I have noticed at that time, I tried getting tons of support to try to recover my account but the mods or admins haven't been able to do much because I keep seeing the...
  8. How to change the primary alias of an account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the primary alias of an account?: I was hacked and the hacker changed my primary alias to their email. I got back in the account and changed everything back to my stuff but then when I went to try and change the primary alias it...
  9. I am trying to sign in after changing my primary alias email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to sign in after changing my primary alias email.: I recently changed my primary alias email to my personal email and now I cant access my xbox game pass now as i sign in it says the account doesnt exist but it clearly does. What can I do to fix...
  10. How to change my primary alias from an xboxlivefamily.com account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change my primary alias from an xboxlivefamily.com account: I have an xboxlivefamily.com account from about 12 years ago and I would like to change the email address. I know how the alias system works with Microsoft, however since it is an...