Changed Email on XBOX account now can't play online

Discus and support Changed Email on XBOX account now can't play online in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I helped my brother update his email address on his xbox account. We verified the new email, then made it the primary and removed the old email as no... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SenorPokie, Jan 26, 2023.

1. SenorPokie
    SenorPokie Guest

I helped my brother update his email address on his xbox account. We verified the new email, then made it the primary and removed the old email as no longer has access to it. Now when he tries to play any online game he gets an error "There's a temporary network problem. There may be a service outage. Please check the service status. If there is a service outage, wait a bit and try again, or use this game or app offline. (0x80832003)"

Youtube app works just fine and he appears online to all his friends. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

:)

SenorPokie, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

According to Xbox support: "This may mean that there’s a temporary problem with the Xbox network."

I have here steps that we can try, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by folliowing the steps below:

"1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."

If that didn't work removing and re-adding the account will be the next step.

"REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​"
  3. OrthodoxFoil Win User

Changed email associated with account, but my console is still using the old one

As an update, I re-added the old email and was able to sign in using my new password, but now I can't re-change my alias to the new email address. Will my Xbox Live account ever recognize a change in the primary email associated with the account?
  4. WrathfulSwine11 Win User

something wrong with your microsoft account 80151012

I'm having the same problem now, first when I start up my Xbox it asks for a email address and password and when I put that in it says something is wrong with my ms account, so I change the password and that didn't work at all, then it said delete the profile
    and download but now it won't download. So first I can't play online and now I can't play at all! I'm saving up every dime I get to get a xbox one but if it's gonna do this crap to then I might just switch to PS, I really don't want to though cause I've been
    playing Xbox for 10 years now :(
  5. ahmet selim kırım Win User

Xbox Hesap Oyunları Devretme [Translate] Xbox Account Games Failover

Thanks for answer. But I have not xbox. I want to change my email address. I crate new email but I can't play fh4 on this account. If I want play fh4 I can change my account. Maybe you have give me fh4 activation code.

And I can delete this account
  6. FullM3ta1Jack3t Win User

Multiple Profiles on one account

I'm not to sure how you have multiple accounts on one email address, as you can't do that, at least not now.

I suggest changing your email on the other accounts so you can access them with ease.

support.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-account-info

There is a link on how to change your information.
Thema:

1. Changed Email on XBOX account now can't play online - Similar Threads - Changed Email account

2. My account was hacked and the email was changed completely

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and the email was changed completely: ive tried but i can’t access it at all because the email was changed, ive tried the support bot and contacting the email that was on the account but nothing has worked, it says the original email...
  3. How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?: My xbox account is set up using my dad's email adress but I wish to change it to my email adress without losing any progress or anything. How can I do this? c164b583-f18f-49b5-a12c-937c2c229219
  4. I want to change my email on my account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my email on my account,: I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could...
  5. I want to change my email on my account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my email on my account,: I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could...
  6. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  7. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  8. i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft: i've changed my microsoft account email and now it says i dont own minecraft what should i do? 8b70a3c1-e664-43f3-b6f8-3b5ed77df447
  9. Minecraft account compromised and email changes, I have proof it was mine but can’t get in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft account compromised and email changes, I have proof it was mine but can’t get in...: The title is pretty much it. I was in a discord server that got compromised and a bunch of people ended up with malware that keylogged their passwords. I was one of them. The hacker changed the...
  10. Can I get my account back after a hacker changed the email and the password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I get my account back after a hacker changed the email and the password?: Recently, I foolishly joined a discord server from a link in a Minecraft server. Once I did, it asked me to verify my microsoft account, which should have been a red flag. However, I continued...