Change XBOX Live account to login to Epic Games account

Discus and support Change XBOX Live account to login to Epic Games account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son used my Xbox Live account to link to his Epic Games account. When we purchased a second Xbox One for my son we logged into his Xbox Live account... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TriSTEP, Nov 30, 2019.

1. TriSTEP
    TriSTEP Guest

My son used my Xbox Live account to link to his Epic Games account. When we purchased a second Xbox One for my son we logged into his Xbox Live account and tried to link to his Epic Games account it said it was already linked to another account, mine. So
    we unlinked my account Xbox Live account from his Epic Games account and tried to link his Xbox Live to his Epic Games account but, its not possible.

So, I thought I would just give him my Xbox Live account since it's associated with his Epic Games account by changing the login email on my Xbox Live account from mine to his. Then I would change his Xbox Live account to mine. But, before I go and do this
    I want to make sure I'm not just creating a new set of problems.

Both accounts have purchased games and Xbox Gold that I don't want to lose.

Thoughts/Suggestions

thank you

:)

TriSTEP, Nov 30, 2019
  2. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox Developer Account Linking and Unlinking

you would need to login to the ea account on ea website and unlink from there, unless they have changed it simular to epic.

Epic games changed earlier this year and locked accounts (you can unlink but only re link the xbox account with the exact same epic account)
  3. timothy clausen Win User

How do i get back my account ?

i have my xbox account but i made my epic account with my xbox live account but when it got hacked they deleted my xbox account of epic so i cant login and epic doesnt care
  4. x Sarasaurus x Win User

Hi there,

As mentioned above i would highly suggest you reach out to epic support, in regards to linking his account on xbox to epic.

Alternatively you may certainly change the email associated with the account. As mentioned above to keep in mind you won't be able to transfers items and games across accounts. I think your best bet is to reach out to epic support as perhaps they might be
    able to see what the issue is with linking his account.

You may also reach out to support here at Xbox customer support
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi TriSTEP,

Thanks for your post. In regard to connecting another Xbox Live profile to your Epic Games account, you'll want to contact

Epic Games Support

I hope this helps.
  6. ShufflinJesus24 Win User

If you are just changing the email then it should not be a problem. My suggestion would be to use an email account that is not associated with either because you could run into a problem changing them with one being associated with another account already.
Thema:

1. Change XBOX Live account to login to Epic Games account - Similar Threads - Change Live account

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. Can an xbox 3 month live card be exchanged or changed for a gift card?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an xbox 3 month live card be exchanged or changed for a gift card?: My mom went to Walgreens to get me a gift card but bought the wrong one she bought a xbox gold live 3 months gift card and i want to exchanged it but dont know how...
  4. Name Change of Xbox Live, it makes buying the right product hard

in XboX Insiders
    Name Change of Xbox Live, it makes buying the right product hard: The name change of the Xbox Live Gold subscription just makes it hard to differentiate Xbox Game Pass and (the old) Xbox live. it made me mess up and lose my money on it submitted by...
  5. How to change 2 Microsoft accounts that are both associated with Xbox live gamer tags

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change 2 Microsoft accounts that are both associated with Xbox live gamer tags: Hi how can I change one Microsoft email account that’s associated with a Xbox live gamer tag to another Microsoft email account that’s associated with a Xbox live gamer tag can this be done. Will...
  6. I tried changing my number on xbox account but now I can't sign in to xbox live until...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried changing my number on xbox account but now I can't sign in to xbox live until...: I tried changing my number on xbox account but now I can't sign in to xbox live until changes go thru by 11/25. I can't use a code because it wants to send the code to my old number, what do I do?...
  7. My Xbox live account has been hacked, I think the hacker somehow changed the owner of the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox live account has been hacked, I think the hacker somehow changed the owner of the...: Around 3 months ago my xbox live account Str0f4 got hacked. I didnt realize because I was still able to play minecraft. When I tried to go to my microsoft account to check on my xbox account, the...
  8. Xbox Live account region change issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live account region change issue: Hello, I tried to change account region for Xbox Live profile in order to proceed with payment (Region was set to Russia, the card is UAE, so when I tried to add card details and proceed before...
  9. Change email on Xbox live account without losing the @hotmail.com email address originally...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email on Xbox live account without losing the @hotmail.com email address originally...: Hello! I have an issue where my Xbox account is attached to my parent's Microsoft account. My parents use their Microsoft account as their main email address. I would like to unlink my Xbox...
  10. HELP CHANGE REGION ACCOUNT FIRST EEUU AFTER CHANG URUGUAY MESSAGE NOT XBOX LIVE YOUR REGION ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP CHANGE REGION ACCOUNT FIRST EEUU AFTER CHANG URUGUAY MESSAGE NOT XBOX LIVE YOUR REGION ...: Hello i have a problem with migration account xbox 360 i have a suscription xbox live gold 12 month first my account region is EEUU after i change uruguay mi suscription gold not found message...