“Change Volume With Voice” (Devices & Connections) Isn’t Working Properly

Discus and support “Change Volume With Voice” (Devices & Connections) Isn’t Working Properly in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I downloaded the September update and now the change volume with voice function (in settings -> device & connections -> digital assistants)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Bgamer90, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Bgamer90
    Bgamer90 Guest

Hello,

I downloaded the September update and now the change volume with voice function (in settings -> device & connections -> digital assistants) seems to be a bit broken. It’s only going down or up by one step and nothing more than that. I had/have it set to ten steps. Still not turning down the volume enough. One step makes the feature pretty pointless for me. Not sure what happened.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Thanks!

:)

Bgamer90, Sep 27, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BGAMER90

What Xbox console do you have?
    May I know if you tried re-pairing the virtual assistant with your console to see if that helps? (And re-enabling the feature)

If you already tried that, tell me what else did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. jpford Win User

I have the same issue and have tried disabling and re-enabling, restarting, changing the setting, etc. Seems to be an issue on Xbox's end ...

bc Xbox stopped caring about voice control?
  4. Bgamer90 Win User

Xbox Series X. And yes, I paired it up again but still only changed the volume by one step.
  5. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Hi , my name is Fernando. I'm a gamer like you who loves to help other gamers with their Xbox questions. I can help with most questions. However, I do not have access to your account details to provide billing information/account inquiries.

As it was a system update, it is expected that in the next updates this problem will be solved.
  6. Kelly Craven Win User

Adjusting Stereo Volume

Voice commands "xbox volume up" and "xbox volume down" should be working as long as kinect has been calibrated and the AVR device was set up properly. (voice is really cool and so far works way better than 360 Kinect for me....with my terrible southern accent
    and crackly voice...I'm VERY impressed with the improvements in this department)

While voice control is great when it works, there are times I'd rather just use my controller.

Anyone know if there is a way to change volume with JUST the controller?
Thema:

1. “Change Volume With Voice” (Devices & Connections) Isn’t Working Properly - Similar Threads - “Change Volume Voice”

2. how to change servers on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change servers on xbox: i got my xbox in oregon and i think its still connected to the servers there cause when i test it on a speedtest website i get 10-13ms latency to the servers connected to dallas but 100-130ms when...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  6. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  7. Volume changed when I switch to specfic application

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Volume changed when I switch to specfic application: Hi experts, My PC uses Win 10 with the latest sound driver. I play a game called WarThunder (WT). When I launch WT, the volume is set to 28 every time. When I switched to other applications,...
  8. “Change Volume With Voice” (Devices & Connections) Isn’t Working Properly

in XBoX on Windows
    “Change Volume With Voice” (Devices & Connections) Isn’t Working Properly: Hi! Y'all locked the last thread reporting this issue without doing anything about it and also have ignored multiple tickets and reported errors about this. I'm just going to have to continue...
  9. “Change Volume With Voice” (Devices & Connections) Isn’t Working Properly

in XboX Insiders
    “Change Volume With Voice” (Devices & Connections) Isn’t Working Properly: Since the September 2022 update the change volume with voice function (in settings -> device & connections -> digital assistants) seems to be a bit broken. It’s only going down or up by one step...
  10. (use your head set or other device to change the volume) i can't change voice of my...

in XBoX on Windows
    (use your head set or other device to change the volume) i can't change voice of my...: I can't change voice my headphones an use my mic use your headset or other device to change the volume 6f9406ad-63ee-4d33-a2c2-06c521fe7214