Change of ISP affecting location recognition for Microsoft rewards

Discus and support Change of ISP affecting location recognition for Microsoft rewards in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, Please could I ask for some assistance? I have just changed ISP from Virgin Media to BRSK and my Xbox Series X will now no longer recognise that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Heti_ru, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Heti_ru
    Heti_ru Guest

Hi,

Please could I ask for some assistance? I have just changed ISP from Virgin Media to BRSK and my Xbox Series X will now no longer recognise that it is in the UK. When I try to access Microsoft Rewards it says I need to check my location settings and won’t let me in.

I have checked the settings and they are correct for my location. I haven’t moved house just ISP.

I have tried turning everything off and on again. That did not change anything.

My husband is also receiving the same error when he tries with his account.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

:)

Heti_ru, Aug 4, 2023
  2. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Hello Heti, my name is zahir, a independent advisor,

I am sorry to hear that.

You will need to contact your isp and ask them to change your ip address back to your previous isp ip address. Unfortunately the issue is the isp has given you a ip location that falls in a place where xbox rewards dont exisit.

Regards
    Zahir
  3. Christyna64 Win User

wrong location in apps

The location might be given by your ISP. I know my location comes up as places that are in different areas that I'm not located in. Do you have your default location set in your Microsoft account? You can set this in the Maps app, in settings change default
    location. I don't know if this will affect you Xbox.
  4. GBR Hub Win User

Rewards app location error

I get that MS May have had or having issues with rewards for some people

Mine started before I changed ISP but the issue was every now and then

Changed to new isp with befibre and bang stopped working altogether

The guys at befibre worked with me through the issue and it was a pushed update from them that failed and screwed with the location and a fixed ip address or something along them lines

Few months on no issue with Ms rewards fixed the ip address issue and never looked back
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Why Cant i Redeem My Robux but i can Redeem MineCoins

Hello Edvin O, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

If you are experiencing difficulties redeeming Robux but are able to redeem MineCoins in your Microsoft Rewards account, there may be several possible reasons for this difference:

There may be specific restrictions or limitations on the Microsoft Rewards platform that affect the redemption of certain products or virtual currencies. Microsoft Rewards policies may not allow direct redemption of Robux, while they allow redemption of MineCoins.

Microsoft Rewards may have specific commercial agreements with certain companies or services, which could affect the availability of product or virtual currency redemptions. There may be a partnership or agreement to allow the redemption of MineCoins, but not for Robux.

Commercial policies and agreements may change over time, which could affect the availability to redeem different products or virtual currencies in Microsoft Rewards. There may have been recent policy changes that have affected Robux redemption.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. SLB4EVERPT Win User

Gamertag change

The new rewards program (Microsoft Rewards, Xbox Live Rewards ended) is not related to your gamertag region, but your IP location (your internet location not your console region). Do not change your gamertag region because will not work and you will need
    to wait 3 Months with the same region. You will need to wait to get back to your country to access again the rewards.
Thema:

1. Change of ISP affecting location recognition for Microsoft rewards - Similar Threads - Change ISP affecting

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  8. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  9. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  10. Series X connection issues due to changing ISP & router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X connection issues due to changing ISP & router: I've just changed my ISP & router & I'm having difficulty connecting to Internet, NAT type is allover the place, tried changing upnp settings with no joy, are there any other setting that need...