Change of child’s age on family account / change didn’t apply

Discus and support Change of child’s age on family account / change didn’t apply in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was able to successfully correct my child’s age within my family account because he’s over 18. However, when he tries to play certain games (NBA 2K22... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JohnUnice, Apr 19, 2022.

1. JohnUnice
    JohnUnice Guest

I was able to successfully correct my child’s age within my family account because he’s over 18. However, when he tries to play certain games (NBA 2K22 on XBOX 1), he gets an error he doesn’t age requirement, even though he does.

Any advice will be appreciated.

:)

JohnUnice, Apr 19, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef. I'm a Xbox Gamer and a Xbox user like you.

I'll be happy to assist you out today.

JohnUnice Changing the date of birth to become an adult account will not work as the system will only recognize the original date of birth when creating the account.

The system considers those over 21 as an adult account (you could try changing your child account to that age just in case, but in most cases that don't work, but don't revert birth year).

Just follow the steps below and rest assured that there will be no more account restrictions.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------

Are you part of a family account?

IF NO, create a new account that can be considered as an adult account.

Once done, add your main account as a family organizer via the link below.

https://account.microsoft.com/family/ (if it's not possible add it as a family organizer, add it as a member)

Family settings should be the same below:

• NEW / Fictitious ACCOUNT - Organizer

• MAIN ACCOUNT - Organizer

Once successfully added, try using the main account again.

If not, use the new account and please go to the link below as it contains a guide on how to change your privacy settings for the main account.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Transfer Account Profile to Childs Account

Adult accounts can change date of birth but there are complications, like you can't be in charge of a family account with a child account.
    The Microsoft account age can be changed but not the Xbox account age, that is permanent.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Cant download rated m content even though I have an adult account and no family or parental settings

well regardless of what your current windows live id 's age is once set a age of an account cannot be changed

even by changing the windows live id

goto my settings

console settings

family settings

if there is family settings there then you have a child account

goto manage my account on the xbox and see if promote child account is there

if you are under a family plan you need to create a differnet account for mrated demos
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Issue

How to change a birthdate on a Microsoft account
    Applies to: Microsoft account

For adult accounts (includes most people, in most regions)
    1. Sign in to Your info on the Microsoft account website.
    2. Select Edit date of birth.
    3. Change your birthdate, and select Save.
    For child accounts, or parents changing a child's birthdate
    If your child is above the statutory age (13 in most regions), they’ll need to sign in and update their birthdate using the steps for an adult account. If they're below that age, you can do it for them. Note: If their birthdate
    incorrectly shows them over the statutory age, they need to update it as if it's their correct age by using the steps above for an adult account.

1. Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your account on family.microsoft.com.
    2. At the bottom of the Your family page, select Manage my child's profile info.
    3. In the Manage permissions page of the child’s account that you want to change, at the right, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.
    For help with age verification, see Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

cross platform issues

Microsoft account age can be changed but it doesn't affect Xbox account age: that is permanent as your Xbox account age is permanently connected with the first date of birth entered when creating your account. Your account will be promoted to an adult account
    when it reaches 18 (20 in Korea and Japan) on Xbox one. Xbox support can not change you from child to adult account in any way.

You will need an adult to create an account and invite the child account to a family group and then you can change some settings that may need to be changed:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12417/microsoft-account-add-members-to-family Although I'm not familiar with fortnite to tell you the settings that need to be changed besides the setting in the game that must be changed to enable cross platform.
    Maybe child accounts can't enable that option.

This is for Fortnite, correct?
Thema:

1. Change of child’s age on family account / change didn’t apply - Similar Threads - Change child’s age

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?: I have a family account set up. I am the owner and I have one child on it. Every time we try to log them in on Xbox, it requires a password. I want to change it so that we don't have to enter a...
  7. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  8. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  9. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  10. How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the age of an account that is a child's account without the parent account?: The parent account got hacked and is now suspended and I don't know what to do. 7abadc61-6dc5-4b8e-9f23-49e84d5c2cdc