change my name gamer tag online

Discus and support change my name gamer tag online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; today I change the gamertag online now I cant log in on the old name that connect to my xbox live account. when I tap on the gamer tag I change I get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by noisyboypursley, Jan 1, 2014.

1. change my name gamer tag online

today I change the gamertag online now I cant log in on the old name that connect to my xbox live account. when I tap on the gamer tag I change I get this message . SORRY,THIS PROFILE CAN'T CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE ON THIS CONSOLE . TO FIX IT, DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN.
    not sure how I would download it again

:)

noisyboypursley, Jan 1, 2014
  2. New to Xbox

HI there, im looking for people/Clan to play online with, Halo 5 etc... My gamer tag is DocZ DocZ, add me or leave gamer tag names here, i use a mic.. Thanks

David O Connor, Jan 1, 2014
  3. My Gamer Tags don't match! Help!!

I set up my xbox live account on my console and got my gamer tag. When I logged online to the xbox website, I was given a different gamer tag. I can't change my tag without using up my one free name change. Why are they different and how do I correct the
    one online so it matches my console gamer tag?

JaggedDaisy25, Jan 1, 2014
  4. change my name gamer tag online

Noisy,

To download your profile from your Xbox follow these steps:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox 360 controller

2) On the Home tab, select Download Profile

3) Enter your MS Account E-mail and Password

Let us know if you need anything else.

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 1, 2014
  5. did everything you told me. it said sorry there too many profiles on that storage device

6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    taidara, Jan 1, 2014
  7. don't have a USB flash drive. what LIVE?

8. taidara
    taidara Guest

[quote user="noisyboypursley"]what LIVE?[/quote][quote user="noisyboypursley"]SORRY,THIS PROFILE CAN'T CONNECT TO
    XBOX LIVE ON THIS CONSOLE . TO FIX IT, DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN.[/quote]That LIVE!

Could you go to Xbox network settings and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
    If
    your console is able to connect to LIVE properly, go to Settings,
    System. Select Storage and Gamer Profiles. delete your profile, but make sure you select
    Delete Profile Only, as per my previous post.

You may also try clear your Xbox system cache as follows:

Clear Xbox system cache (3 times in a row)

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage or Memory.
    3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
    4. Select Clear System Cache.
    5. Clear your Xbox system cache 3 times in row.

Post back and let us know how that goes.

taidara, Jan 1, 2014
  9. thanks for the help!!! it work

noisyboypursley, Oct 31, 2018
  10. noisyboypursley Win User

did everything you told me. it said sorry there too many profiles on that storage device
  11. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Noisy,

To download your profile from your Xbox follow these steps:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox 360 controller

2) On the Home tab, select Download Profile

3) Enter your MS Account E-mail and Password

Let us know if you need anything else.
  12. taidara Win User

[quote user="noisyboypursley"]what LIVE?[/quote][quote user="noisyboypursley"]SORRY,THIS PROFILE CAN'T CONNECT TO
    XBOX LIVE ON THIS CONSOLE . TO FIX IT, DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN.[/quote]That LIVE!

Could you go to Xbox network settings and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
    If
    your console is able to connect to LIVE properly, go to Settings,
    System. Select Storage and Gamer Profiles. delete your profile, but make sure you select
    Delete Profile Only, as per my previous post.

You may also try clear your Xbox system cache as follows:

Clear Xbox system cache (3 times in a row)

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage or Memory.
    3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
    4. Select Clear System Cache.
    5. Clear your Xbox system cache 3 times in row.

Post back and let us know how that goes.
  13. taidara Win User

14. noisyboypursley Win User

thanks for the help!!! it work
Thema:

1. change my name gamer tag online - Similar Threads - change name gamer

2. Force name change and now I got someone trying to sell me the gamer tag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    Force name change and now I got someone trying to sell me the gamer tag back: Hey guys, weird thing happened…my gamertag got force name changed from Bait to bigkitten#695386, and I got some guy on instagram named [mod removed] trying to sell me the name back? I checked on...
  3. I changed my gamer name and paid the 9.99 and the old one still shows in fortnight. I also...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my gamer name and paid the 9.99 and the old one still shows in fortnight. I also...: I changed my gamer tag in Xbox and paid as well as in epic. The old tag still shows up in fortnight. What do I do? cc0b4e68-a4a9-4df9-9b0f-f0414fddb3de
  4. Gamer tag name change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamer tag name change: I have had my gamertag for 12 years and am still in credit for my first change. I want to change it EK Tadpole but it’s saying “this gt isn’t allowed”. I feel that a lot of people have used “EK”...
  5. Gamer Tag / Name changes unexpectedly !

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamer Tag / Name changes unexpectedly !: My Microsoft account details have remained the same and there does not appear to be any suspicious behavior on the account, however when I log in to my account the name and my Xbox Game tag are...
  6. I changed my name/gamer tag on Xbox the old one (Nightmar39597) is displaying in every game...

in XboX Insiders
    I changed my name/gamer tag on Xbox the old one (Nightmar39597) is displaying in every game...: [IMG] submitted by /u/TriXelUs [link] [comments]
  7. Unauthorized Gamer Tag name change. No notice or reason of this action

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unauthorized Gamer Tag name change. No notice or reason of this action: Hello, I need to know why my Gamer tag was change without my authorization or a notice from xbox? My gamer tag was not Vulgar/Offensive. I changed my original gamer tag to something available and...
  8. Trying to Change Gamer name and when trying to pay comes back with an error message

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Trying to Change Gamer name and when trying to pay comes back with an error message: Hi There, Im trying to pay for a gamer name change but it doesn't seem to be going through. The error message I get is Contact Microsoft support We can’t process your payment. Contact...
  9. Accidentally accepted the change gamer tag, now my name is stuck with numbers.

in XBoX on Windows
    Accidentally accepted the change gamer tag, now my name is stuck with numbers.: Just changed my gamertag recently however i accidentally clicked the accept while reading the info regarding it. Now my username is stuck with numbers. Am i still allowed to change it back free...
  10. Changing the gamer name on solitaire

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing the gamer name on solitaire: I play Solitaire on my fire and on my desktop. When I had to renew the hard drive , I lost my first gamername and now have a very low score. I would like to play with the same name on both...