change my name gamer tag online

Discus and support change my name gamer tag online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; today I change the gamertag online now I cant log in on the old name that connect to my xbox live account. when I tap on the gamer tag I change I get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by noisyboypursley, Jan 1, 2014.

1. change my name gamer tag online

today I change the gamertag online now I cant log in on the old name that connect to my xbox live account. when I tap on the gamer tag I change I get this message . SORRY,THIS PROFILE CAN'T CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE ON THIS CONSOLE . TO FIX IT, DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN.
    not sure how I would download it again

:)

noisyboypursley, Jan 1, 2014
  2. New to Xbox

HI there, im looking for people/Clan to play online with, Halo 5 etc... My gamer tag is DocZ DocZ, add me or leave gamer tag names here, i use a mic.. Thanks

David O Connor, Jan 1, 2014
  3. My Gamer Tags don't match! Help!!

I set up my xbox live account on my console and got my gamer tag. When I logged online to the xbox website, I was given a different gamer tag. I can't change my tag without using up my one free name change. Why are they different and how do I correct the
    one online so it matches my console gamer tag?

JaggedDaisy25, Jan 1, 2014
  4. change my name gamer tag online

Noisy,

To download your profile from your Xbox follow these steps:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox 360 controller

2) On the Home tab, select Download Profile

3) Enter your MS Account E-mail and Password

Let us know if you need anything else.

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 1, 2014
  5. did everything you told me. it said sorry there too many profiles on that storage device

6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    taidara, Jan 1, 2014
  7. don't have a USB flash drive. what LIVE?

8. taidara
    taidara Guest

[quote user="noisyboypursley"]what LIVE?[/quote][quote user="noisyboypursley"]SORRY,THIS PROFILE CAN'T CONNECT TO
    XBOX LIVE ON THIS CONSOLE . TO FIX IT, DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN.[/quote]That LIVE!

Could you go to Xbox network settings and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
    If
    your console is able to connect to LIVE properly, go to Settings,
    System. Select Storage and Gamer Profiles. delete your profile, but make sure you select
    Delete Profile Only, as per my previous post.

You may also try clear your Xbox system cache as follows:

Clear Xbox system cache (3 times in a row)

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage or Memory.
    3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
    4. Select Clear System Cache.
    5. Clear your Xbox system cache 3 times in row.

Post back and let us know how that goes.

taidara, Jan 1, 2014
  9. thanks for the help!!! it work

noisyboypursley, Oct 31, 2018
  10. noisyboypursley Win User

did everything you told me. it said sorry there too many profiles on that storage device
  11. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Noisy,

To download your profile from your Xbox follow these steps:

1) Press the Xbox Guide button in the middle of your Xbox 360 controller

2) On the Home tab, select Download Profile

3) Enter your MS Account E-mail and Password

Let us know if you need anything else.
  12. taidara Win User

[quote user="noisyboypursley"]what LIVE?[/quote][quote user="noisyboypursley"]SORRY,THIS PROFILE CAN'T CONNECT TO
    XBOX LIVE ON THIS CONSOLE . TO FIX IT, DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN.[/quote]That LIVE!

Could you go to Xbox network settings and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
    If
    your console is able to connect to LIVE properly, go to Settings,
    System. Select Storage and Gamer Profiles. delete your profile, but make sure you select
    Delete Profile Only, as per my previous post.

You may also try clear your Xbox system cache as follows:

Clear Xbox system cache (3 times in a row)

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage or Memory.
    3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
    4. Select Clear System Cache.
    5. Clear your Xbox system cache 3 times in row.

Post back and let us know how that goes.
  13. taidara Win User

14. noisyboypursley Win User

thanks for the help!!! it work
Thema:

1. change my name gamer tag online - Similar Threads - change name gamer

2. Name Change of Xbox Live, it makes buying the right product hard

in XboX Insiders
    Name Change of Xbox Live, it makes buying the right product hard: The name change of the Xbox Live Gold subscription just makes it hard to differentiate Xbox Game Pass and (the old) Xbox live. it made me mess up and lose my money on it submitted by...
  3. Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do any of y’all know why I haven’t received a free name change?: Gamertag is not free for my first time 24d80f9b-b61d-4a64-8811-83285f8f35cc
  4. How do i change my minecraft name without waiting 30 days

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change my minecraft name without waiting 30 days: recently i changed my name to something inappropriate but i did not realise that it was inappropriate until i got banned from a server then looked at the reason ive been told to contact support...
  5. someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name: Some spy broke into my computer and changed the name of my Minecraft Java account, I can't revert it or change it again (because of the 30 days), it's a rare name, and I can't contact support on...
  6. I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my username and my old name shows up in party chat, the new continues to show up...: I am on xbox one s and yesterday i changed my name after 2 years. I did not use the classic custom gamertag option and after i changed it it updated it in all of my games but when i am in a party...
  7. How to change your old gaming tag name

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change your old gaming tag name: How change back your old gamingtag name a0eed571-9922-4033-a945-d02be4d8e55a
  8. Minecraft in-game name change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft in-game name change: Yesterday, at about 9pm, I'v changed my in-game name in Minecraft on PC. Is it possible to change it back to the previous name without waiting 30 days? 433877fe-e28c-4078-819d-7d272e0ac032
  9. How do I change my PC gamer pic that was created 7/12/12 user name buffyfan97?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my PC gamer pic that was created 7/12/12 user name buffyfan97?: I have an account on the Dragon Age Keep web page. It shows two accounts one for PC and one for XBOX. The picture is showing for my gamer id of Buffyfan97 that I had created back in 2012. How do I...
  10. hi, my name is Olle and i would like to change my xbox microsoft gamer display name. How...

in XBoX Accessibility
    hi, my name is Olle and i would like to change my xbox microsoft gamer display name. How...: hi, my name is Olle and i would like to change my xbox microsoft gamer display name. How can i do this if its possible? 8fb05641-7b5b-4013-a5e9-47c33b1405c3