Change my child’s Date of Birth in Family profile. Microsoft suggested solution doesnt work

Discus and support Change my child’s Date of Birth in Family profile. Microsoft suggested solution doesnt work in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to allow my son to play EA games online on his XBox. EA don’t appear to allow this because his Xbox profile shows he is underage. It doesn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Cranbrookuk, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Cranbrookuk
    Cranbrookuk Guest

Change my child’s Date of Birth in Family profile. Microsoft suggested solution doesnt work

I want to allow my son to play EA games online on his XBox. EA don’t appear to allow this because his Xbox profile shows he is underage. It doesn’t appear I can do this in the XBox and have to do this through his MS profile. This is the advice from MS Help

1. Using the adult Microsoft account, sign in to your account on family.microsoft.com.
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the Your family page, select Manage my child's profile info.
    3. In the Manage permissions page of the child’s account you want to change, at the right, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions
    However, there is no “Manage my child’s profile” button/link on my “Your family” page.

Can anybody help please?

many thanks

R

:)

Cranbrookuk, Jan 6, 2022
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

The birthdate that is entered when creating an Xbox account cannot be changed. While you can change birthdates in Microsoft account settings, these changes do not apply to the Xbox account. You will either need to wait until the account has reached the appropriate age, or start a new account with the false information.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Child account issues

Once an account is setup and the date of birth is put into the account even if you go in and change it the change will not be seen on the Microsoft account and until the date of birth reaches 18 it will be required to be in a family as a child account. Otherwise
    it will be considered as an orphaned account and will not be able to do anything till it is added to a family as a child.
  4. Rook20000 Win User

Fortnite / Crossplay between XBOX and PC/Switch with Child account

The first thing i tried was to change the child account into an adult account and to remove it from the fanily, but this doesnt work. Changing the birth date in child accounts is not possible, dont know why.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Adult Account not registering?

Just because you changed the date of birth on the account does not mean it changed when an account is originally setup and the date of birth is put onto an account that is the date of birth that will always be on the account.

Now if that date of birth has reached its 18th birthday and you are still getting that message that means your account is still under a family as a child account.

If this is the case you would need to sign into a parent account for the family at account.microsoft.com/family and remove the child from the family and this will put the child account into its own family as an adult.

Now if you do this last step and the date of birth on the account when it was originally setup has not reached its 18th birthday then it will be considered an orphaned account and would NOT be able to do ANYTHING until put into a family as a child account.
  6. WPAK Win User

Xbox One Multiplayer Issues and More

Hi there,

I don't think it's possible to change the Date of Birth on a Xbox Live Account.

A parental account in the same Microsoft Family with the child account should be able to change the settings for the child account
Thema:

1. Change my child’s Date of Birth in Family profile. Microsoft suggested solution doesnt work - Similar Threads - Change child’s Date

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?: I have a family account set up. I am the owner and I have one child on it. Every time we try to log them in on Xbox, it requires a password. I want to change it so that we don't have to enter a...
  7. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  8. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  9. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  10. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....