Change game tag to name of another account - remove id from game tag

Discus and support Change game tag to name of another account - remove id from game tag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I've got unusual issue. I've got two connected accounts. One is connected to another only as store account where i've got game pass... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mieosz, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Mieosz
    Mieosz Guest

Hello,

I've got unusual issue. I've got two connected accounts. One is connected to another only as store account where i've got game pass subsctiption. That first account has right game tag without id. The second has same game tag but with id. So I want swap game tags and buy game pass subsctiption from second account because I've got saved games, archivments there and it will be more comfortable to have only one account.

Will I could change game tag to same game tag but without id if it will be avalible? Or it not possible coz its same name for validation?

I didnt do it for now but if I cant change game tag like that. My only way is:

1. Change first account name. Game tag will be avalible. I'll pay for it cuz I did it for free some time ago and it's OK.

2. Change game tag second one. I'll do it for free cuz its first time.

3. Then change game tag again to same as fist account. I'll pay for it again. ;/

The bad thing is I'll pay twice for changing game tag only cuz' I cant remove id like that even if game tag without id is avalible.

Is there any chance to do it for free?

Change game tag to name of another account - remove id from game tag [​IMG]

:)

Mieosz, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

No. There's no way to change it for free. You would have to pay multiple times to change the tags around.

Also, the scenario you have is correct, but you would actually have to pay 3 times. The free change for the first time is only available if you were given a randomly generated tag when you created the account and are changing that for the first time. Since that is a tag you chose and not a randomly generated tag, you would have to pay .
  3. onyxishere Win User

Gamertag transfer question

Sorry but this cannot be done. You cannot transfer items from one tag to another. As for changing the gamertag, you could try changing the name of the silver account (a cost of $10) then attempt to change the name of the Gold account (another cost of $10)
    to the tag you want. However, be aware that the odds of getting that tag are slim, you got lucky the first time.
  4. davemcfly85 Win User

Gamertag issue

actually that is not true when you change a name the old name as long as it is not against the rules can be used on another account it just takes a while for it can be selectable that was at least what i was told when it comes to changing game tags/game
    tag availability.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Gamer tag change

I understand that you want to change your gamer tag to remove the numbers. If you previously had the gamer tag "Dtae Knight" on another account, you will not be able to use it on your new account without the numbers. This is because once a gamer tag is used on an account, it cannot be used on another account, even if it is available.

That's because you should've changed the first account name.first to release the name.then wait.abit then attempt.the new accoumt

Now.you.gotta do.2 name changes

One to something.completely different to.free the name

2nd to.change.it.back make. sure.not.to accept the name. If .it. issues the hashtag again that means it hasn't refresh you have. To continue to wait
  6. davemcfly85 Win User

Forced To Change My Gamer Tag?

once a game tag has had the forced name change it cannot be changed back. FYI your game tag MUST be rated E for everyone so it cannot have any profane words or even sound like profane words. you are just gonna have to live with your new game tag. another
    note, if you get another FNC (forced name change) too many FNC will result in a perm ban from LIVE and any and all downloaded content (DLC) and remaining LIVE and MS points will be null and void.
Thema:

1. Change game tag to name of another account - remove id from game tag - Similar Threads - Change game tag

2. With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...: I want to be able to hear my discord call and whenever I try to change the volume on my headset or Xbox I can only change game volume 43542c3a-7b4e-46f6-9852-e593079d69ba
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go?: I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go? c39da3c8-53a5-4c35-b5db-a6561b690066
  6. My 2 monitors lose signal after I change a setting in a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My 2 monitors lose signal after I change a setting in a game.: So after I upgraded from a GTX 1050 ti to an RTX 2060, my monitors randomly shut off when playing games like CS 2, GTA V or RDR 2. The PC still seems to run perfectly and I can hear the sounds in...
  7. Game maps not switching back with profile change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game maps not switching back with profile change: I have an xbox series x, and my gf has the series s. I recently logged her into my console to play her Way of the Hunter game, and when I signed her out, and myself back in, the game stays on her...
  8. How to change your old gaming tag name

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change your old gaming tag name: How change back your old gamingtag name a0eed571-9922-4033-a945-d02be4d8e55a
  9. I changed my gamer tag and all of my saved games are gone. I can't access them?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamer tag and all of my saved games are gone. I can't access them?: I don't know what to do I changed my gamer tag and lost everything! 2529da44-1743-4d43-8577-ed279b621a49
  10. I changed my gamer tag earlier today, but it still won’t appear in and games in other games...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamer tag earlier today, but it still won’t appear in and games in other games...: I changed my gamer tag earlier today, but it still won’t appear in and games in other games it just shows my old nam. How do I make my new name appear? 299524a7-6e29-4154-8afe-01dd4f58ae31