Change game language without changing system language?

Discus and support Change game language without changing system language? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I'd like to change the language of a game in the XBOX app on PC, but all I find about this is that it's coupled to my windows language... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TPirwitz, Jul 2, 2022.

1. TPirwitz
    TPirwitz Guest

Hello all,

I'd like to change the language of a game in the XBOX app on PC, but all I find about this is that it's coupled to my windows language setting.

Is this lack of a core-feature still true, or is there now an option to change the language without changing my desktop-language?

Best regards

:)

TPirwitz, Jul 2, 2022
  2. maroinjoundi Win User

Alien Isolation: to change spanish to english

it hasn't been fixed, we still cannot change the game language without changing the whole operative system language. Steam has an option to change each game's language, add that.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today TPirwitz

Actually if the game doesn't have the option to change language inside it

Sadly you need to change your system language, at the moment that's the only two options available
  4. Vinny #1 Win User

Is there a way to change a game language without changing the entire system language ?

Make sure the game supports language swapping, some support this feature.
  5. Nolan Coker Win User

Is there a way to change a game language without changing the entire system language ?

It depends on the game, it will be in settings if so, I use to change battlefield language to something else when family are around because the cursing.
  6. luissolid Win User

The only option it's that the game have a menu to change the language.

Games from Ubisoft have that menu, but games from Microsoft don't.

Regards!
Thema:

1. Change game language without changing system language? - Similar Threads - Change game language

2. With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...: I want to be able to hear my discord call and whenever I try to change the volume on my headset or Xbox I can only change game volume 43542c3a-7b4e-46f6-9852-e593079d69ba
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. Changing Game Language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing Game Language: Hi. I have recently moved to Germany where I have purchased an xbox x and i have installed COD World At War but I can not get the game language to change to English, it will only give German. I...
  5. I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I can't change the language on the computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I can't change the language on the computer: I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I downloaded the game with English language support on the computer, but the game is in Spanish and there are no language changes in the game. How can I...
  6. Change Age of Empires language to Spanish in Geforce Now platform (PC Game Pass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change Age of Empires language to Spanish in Geforce Now platform (PC Game Pass): I am playing Age of Empires IV in Geforce Now platform (PC Game Pass) through a Game Pass Ultimate subscription. I am deeply disappointed as the game is only in English and there is no way to...
  7. Change language (audio, UI, text) of Starfield / NO language option in the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change language (audio, UI, text) of Starfield / NO language option in the game: I am super annoyed about the fact that the Xbox App does NOT give me the option I want to install a game in and that games like Gears 5 or Starfield also do NOT have a language option IN GAME. My...
  8. How can I change the language of a game downloaded from Microsoft Store without changing my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I change the language of a game downloaded from Microsoft Store without changing my...: Hello, I have Age Of Empires IV downloaded from the Microsoft Store. My system's language (Windows 11) is hungarian, and the game's language is automatically set to the same. How can I set the...
  9. How do I change language for Sword and Fairy 7 to chinese in game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change language for Sword and Fairy 7 to chinese in game pass?: THere's no setting to change it but it says it supports simplified chinese... 02ac043b-05d6-4109-b831-ea2a4ad4d790
  10. Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?: I don't want to change my Desktop language, but I hate those cheap localized local versions of games. f645aac9-81a3-434d-abcc-ca09f3240dac