Change email adress associated with a gift card

Discus and support Change email adress associated with a gift card in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a gift card for a Xbox game, but I used my own email address (microsoft account) instead of my friend's one because I didn't want him to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SapinCoquin1234, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Change email adress associated with a gift card

Hi,

I bought a gift card for a Xbox game, but I used my own email address (microsoft account) instead of my friend's one because I didn't want him to receive the email before I offer him his gift.

But now I'm not sure he can use it with his own account. Do I need to change the email address linked to the digital code, and if so, how can I do?

Thanks for your help

:)

SapinCoquin1234, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Nixelplex Win User

As long as you are in matching regions It shouldn't matter if you received a Code.

Just send him the Code and he can enter it into his account.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Sapin,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. If you did get a 25 digit digital code, you can just gift him the code for the game. If the game was automatically redeemed on your account you will not be able to gift to him now. You would need to request
    a refund then gift it the proper way. Keep in mind if he is in a different region he will not be able to use the game.

1. request a refund
    2. gifting games or currency
    Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. SapinCoquin1234 Win User

Thank you all for your answers. My friend was able to use the code with his account and he can play the game. Thanks for your help.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Hi, if you have added tye gift card to your account it can not be transferred.
Thema:

1. Change email adress associated with a gift card - Similar Threads - Change email adress

2. My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in

in XBoX on Windows
    My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in: Someone hacked my account changed the email so I can’t do the 2 factor authentication 149106d6-c982-4ec2-85d6-2189fbdc2218
  3. I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...: I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t loaded to his email or mine. This is the second gift card that has vanished into Xbox world. :(...
  4. My account was hacked and the email was changed completely

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and the email was changed completely: ive tried but i can’t access it at all because the email was changed, ive tried the support bot and contacting the email that was on the account but nothing has worked, it says the original email...
  5. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  6. How do I change my details? Login, email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my details? Login, email.: I’ve been hacked and received an email stating they’ve got all my personal details. They taken all my in game purchases such as skins, they taken a payment from my bank account. I need to change...
  7. How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change what email adress my xbox account is associated with?: My xbox account is set up using my dad's email adress but I wish to change it to my email adress without losing any progress or anything. How can I do this? c164b583-f18f-49b5-a12c-937c2c229219
  8. I want to change my email on my account,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my email on my account,: I want to change my primary account email. (Lets call this account 1) My primary email is one I don't use anymore. (Email 1) I tried to add an email (email 2) as another "alias" so I could...
  9. How can i recover microsoft account after hacker changed email adress?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i recover microsoft account after hacker changed email adress?: Like a month ago i got a virus and the hacker hacked my microsoft account and changed the email. Now i wanted to download minecraft but it was on the other account. Is there a way for me to...
  10. My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...: My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. Should be *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. email associated with this code