Change email address linked to xbox profile or move xbox profile to another email address

Discus and support Change email address linked to xbox profile or move xbox profile to another email address in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have my primary xbox profile but due to being hacked two years ago it had to be moved to a new email address. I now want to move my xbox profile back... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Cheroke779, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Cheroke779
    Cheroke779 Guest

Change email address linked to xbox profile or move xbox profile to another email address

I have my primary xbox profile but due to being hacked two years ago it had to be moved to a new email address. I now want to move my xbox profile back to my primary email address can't. When i try to add the email to the alias for the mircosoft account that is already linked to the xbox profile it says "the email address is already taken. please try another" this is because while trying to get it back another xbox profile was linked to that email address. I don't use this other xbox profile and would like to either unlink the xbox profile i don't use and instead link my primary xbox profile, or just add my primary email address to the account already linked to my primary xbox profile so i can make that my primary for both.

:)

Cheroke779, Sep 8, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this CHEROKE779

If the email address that you're trying to link belongs to a microsoft domain, as stated in the aliases FAQ.
    You can't use that email address. Instead you need to create a new outlook.xxx address or add an existing email from another provider (Google, Apple, etc)
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...

"Notes:

You can't add an email address that's associated with a work or school account as an alias.

An alias or email address can only contain letters, numbers, dot (.), underscore (_) or dash/hyphen (-). Spaces and other special characters aren't allowed.

Existing Hotmail, Live, Outlook.com, and MSN addresses can't be added as aliases, and you can't add an alias that is already associated with another Microsoft account."
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Having a different xbox account and store account = can't use EA play?

There is no way that a Microsoft account is linked to a Xbox profile with another email address. The Xbox account is part of your Microsoft account, so both use the same email address to sign in.

If you linked the Xbox profile from the Microsoft account that has the active Game Pass Ultimate subscription, then it will work. If the Xbox profile you added is from a different Microsoft account (another email address), there is no way around this.
  4. 4297f9a3-1dfb-4130-8 Win User

Microsoft Accounts

Your Xbox profile is linked to your Microsoft Account, not to any specific email address. You can change the email address for your Microsoft account without losing your Xbox profile or purchases.
  5. WPAK Win User

account help

6. BIG TALL NICK Win User

Is there a way to change the email associated with Microsoft Accounts / Xbox Live Accounts?

yes you can go to xbox.com and sign-in to connect another email account to your profile id or you can also change the email address linked to the xbox live account. just log-in and go to settings or account profile and then click email settings or linked
    account
Thema:

1. Change email address linked to xbox profile or move xbox profile to another email address - Similar Threads - Change email address

2. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  3. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  4. change email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    change email address: I no longer work at Audiology Systems and have no way of accessing emails sent to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. My xbox account is setup with this email...
  5. Change email address on profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email address on profile?: My son has been using my email address for his Minecraft account now I want to transfer his profile over to his email.address so I can use my own email address for my new xbox account. Can anyone...
  6. Changing Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Email Address: I am trying to change my "Account Alias" as it is an old college email that I no longer have access to. Under "add email" it does not give me the option to merge accounts: [img] I have my...
  7. Change email address on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change email address on xbox: My ex husband has his xbox linked to my email account. I've changed my password for security & privacy reasons but he now can't access his xbox without me giving him my new password which I don't...
  8. Need to change secondary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change secondary email address: I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to...
  9. How to change email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change email address?: I can't access my email account I originally used, and would like to change/update my account to my new email. But when I try to change it there is no option. How do I update my email address or...
  10. My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...: My account, which is my personal account (not this one), got hacked through Minecraft, I was trying to redeem a code for a rank on Hypixel, when I received a notification on my email that a new...