Change connected email-addess of a Minecraft account / can't setup a new account - "not a...

Discus and support Change connected email-addess of a Minecraft account / can't setup a new account - "not a... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi there, I moved my Minecraft-Account (as forced) to an outlook-account. I would like to change this linked email now to a new/different account.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CluelessGamer_home, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Change connected email-addess of a Minecraft account / can't setup a new account - "not a...

Hi there,

I moved my Minecraft-Account (as forced) to an outlook-account.

I would like to change this linked email now to a new/different account. In other words: How do I connect a minecraft-Gamertag to a different email address?

And I have several problems....

First and important: I don't want to change anything about the existing email-address, as I use this one regularly.

Second: I figured that I probably need a new microsoft/outlook-account: how can I pass the "not a robot" test? I tried several browsers and after clicking all of the pictures it resets and I have to start new. I even tried the audio-test. If I click deliberate on wrong ones, I'll get the note, that I did it wrong. But if I click all correct, it just resets. And I can't create a new account. What can I do?

Third: How can I migrate my existing Gamertag to another/new email account? I can't find help sites covering this topic. I only find help sites, how to close my account. This is not what I want, just change the email-address which is used to log into Minecraft.

Somehow it is not possible for me to contact microsoft-help-contact, always show not available for me (maybe because I am not from the States) and the AI-help buggs, even tells me that it has technical problems Change connected email-addess of a Minecraft account / can't setup a new account - "not a... :D Minecraft-help-desk already told me, they are not responsible for Minecraft-Customers for moving their accounts...

Please let me know if you need more information. I'll appreciate every idea where to look up and find help.

Thank you everybody.

:)

CluelessGamer_home, Dec 14, 2022
  2. CluelessGamer_home Win User

Change connected email-addess of a Minecraft account / can't setup a new account - "not a robot" won't let me pass

Hi George and thanks for your try to help,

so basically, no it is not possible?!

Because as I said, I don't want to change anything about my existing account (not even an alias, no). I just want my game I paid for connect to another email-address.

Well thanks MS for ...nothing. I didn't even paid you guys. Now I have two Minecraft accounts and have to buy a third one so my nieces can have their game back. This is how business works...
  3. Georges C. Win User

Change connected email-addess of a Minecraft account / can't setup a new account - "not a robot" won't let me pass

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello, as you have migrated from your Minecraft account to your Microsoft account you can tap the email if you want.

First and important: I don't want to change anything about the existing email-address, as I use this one regularly.

Answer: what you have to do is exchange or add Alias to your account, if you want it to be from your Microsoft account you will have to create the alias on the spot.

Add or remove an email alias in Outlook.com

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...

Second: I figured that I probably need a new microsoft/outlook-account: how can I pass the "not a robot" test? I tried several browsers and after clicking all of the pictures it resets and I have to start new. I even tried the audio-test. If I click deliberate on wrong ones, I'll get the note, that I did it wrong. But if I click all correct, it just resets. And I can't create a new account. What can I do?

Answer: You don't need to create an account to add the Alias you want, this process is done when adding Alias.

Third: How can I migrate my existing Gamertag to another/new email account? I can't find help sites covering this topic. I only find help sites, how to close my account. This is not what I want, just change the email-address which is used to log into Minecraft.

you can't migrate a Gamertag from one account to another, the most you can do is switch the existing Gamertag from your account to a new one.

If you change your old Gamertag, you'll be suspended for an indefinite period from Microsoft, and you won't be able to add it to another account.

So only change a Gamertag if you're sure you want to change it.

If you have any more questions or questions, don't hesitate to ask.
  4. WPAK Win User

Windows Live ID Issue!

To remove that gamertag that is connected to your 'main' email (Microsoft Account), just change the connected gamertag connected to a new Microsoft account.

-

So first free up your 'correct' email address by moving the connected gamertag to a new Microsoft Account

and after that you should be able to change the 'email' (Microsoft Account) for your main gamertag to your 'correct' email address (Microsoft Account)
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

Transfer gamertag from one microsoft account to another

Unfortunately this is not possible and since your email is a Microsoft email (Live, Hotmail or Outlook) you can't switch the email to another one and have the account not be connected to that email anymore, technically.

You can switch the login emails around but you CAN'T switch TO a Microsoft email when you do this (Live, Hotmail or Outlook). You can switch to another email provider but you can't switch between Microsoft emails as they're permanently connected to that
    account they were created on. For example, you can't switch this account's email login to another Microsoft account because that email is attached to a Microsoft account already.

The only solution is to start over and have him create a new account and have the account that owns all the games to be set as the my home xbox account on the xbox one so that the new account can play all the games that account owns BUT the saves and any
    progress will not move over and some DLC will not share, also.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  6. voteDC Win User

Changing associated WLID without an XBOX Console

As in my ninja edit, you also can't change the Windows LIve ID for the first three months of an accounts life, since for some reason the creation of the account counts as a "change" of the ID.

It shouldn't merge anything, as if an email address is already connected to another account you can't use it. To swap addresses between two active accounts you'd need to bring a third into play.

With the first account change email 1 to email 3.

This frees up email 1 to be switched for email 2 connected to the second account.
Thema:

Change connected email-addess of a Minecraft account / can't setup a new account - "not a...

1. Change connected email-addess of a Minecraft account / can't setup a new account - "not a... - Similar Threads - Change connected email

2. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  3. I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI...: I have no sound when I connect my Xbox one to my JVC 4k QLED tv, I've tried changing HDMI ports etc but to no avail...help please?! 414ddbaa-bf63-4a34-b7b2-c036068aa54b
  4. Change the microsoft account that is connected with xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change the microsoft account that is connected with xbox: Is it possible to change the microsoft account that is connected to the xbox account ? My father created the xbox acc and now it is mine, so i want to connect my microsoft with it. I would create...
  5. Series X and Series S both losing WiFi connection - Automatic IP's changing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X and Series S both losing WiFi connection - Automatic IP's changing: I have a series X (living room) and Series S (kids room) which were both connected successfully to my WiFi with Automatic IP/DNS for 18+ months with no issue. Recently, both disconnected at the...
  6. “Change Volume With Voice” (Devices & Connections) Isn’t Working Properly

in XBoX on Windows
    “Change Volume With Voice” (Devices & Connections) Isn’t Working Properly: Hi! Y'all locked the last thread reporting this issue without doing anything about it and also have ignored multiple tickets and reported errors about this. I'm just going to have to continue...
  7. “Change Volume With Voice” (Devices & Connections) Isn’t Working Properly

in XboX Insiders
    “Change Volume With Voice” (Devices & Connections) Isn’t Working Properly: Since the September 2022 update the change volume with voice function (in settings -> device & connections -> digital assistants) seems to be a bit broken. It’s only going down or up by one step...
  8. Xbox series S wont connect to wireless network after power reset/hard reset/ setting changes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S wont connect to wireless network after power reset/hard reset/ setting changes: nothing has worked for no specific reason besides ethernet which isn’t available for me and i tried hard resetting it but the issue came back a day later and it is persisting on not letting me...
  9. My account has been hacked and the email connected to my account has been changed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked and the email connected to my account has been changed.: Recently I tried signing into my Microsoft account and I was met with he message "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." and when I go to recover my...
  10. Can you change the email connected to an Xbox Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change the email connected to an Xbox Account?: If so, please let me know how. That is all I have to say. e5ca77cf-25a5-44d8-b8a2-7870f07e5493