Change channels on Virgin Media TiVo

Discus and support Change channels on Virgin Media TiVo in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm not able to change channels on Live TV when connected to the TiVo. I have tried EVERY troubleshooting page such as "OneGuide can't change... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by XT Chrisy l xx, Oct 22, 2015.

  1. Change channels on Virgin Media TiVo


    Hi all,

    I'm not able to change channels on Live TV when connected to the TiVo. I have tried EVERY troubleshooting page such as "OneGuide can't change channels" and a number of others.

    Can someone please point me in the right direction as this is so infuriating its beyond belief.

    I dont understand part of the set up which sends a "Power command" - it doesn't make sense. Is my TiVo supposed to turn off? Should it flash? What exactly is set up asking for when it says "Did you receive the power command? I've tried this stage with the
    box off(standby mode) and on. I send the command and nothing happens.

    If someone could help, i would greatly appreciate it.

    :)
     
    XT Chrisy l xx, Oct 22, 2015
    #1
  2. Toozar1979
    Toozar1979 Guest
    June update now released to general public

    I've got it working with virgin media TiVo box . Can change channel using voice commands but it won't pause/rewind etc. it recognises the command but can't pass it on to the TiVo for some reason.
     
    Toozar1979, Oct 22, 2015
    #2
  3. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest
    Tv functions in the UK via Sky

    I have tivo with virgin media hope we get stuff soon too.
     
    f00xm4n, Oct 22, 2015
    #3
  4. Kernowrebel
    Kernowrebel Guest

    Change channels on Virgin Media TiVo

    Hi, It may be that you've already sorted this, but in case you haven't... I encountered exactly the same problem and think I have fond the answer after many frustrating hours! I'm guessing you don't have a Kinect sensor, which is what would control the
    devices? What you will need is an IR blaster -with a 3.5mm jack one end and sensors the other. It plugs into the back of the Xbox and you position each sensor next to the IR sensor on your TiVo box (and TV if you want Xbox to control that too). This is where
    the power command will work in controlling the IR for each device and enabling you to change channels on the Xbox to guide, rather than using the TiVo remote. They have them on Amazon for £11.95 at the moment, so not too expensive!

    Hope this helps, Rob.
     
    Kernowrebel, Nov 28, 2015
    #4
  5. Toozar1979 Win User

    June update now released to general public

    I've got it working with virgin media TiVo box . Can change channel using voice commands but it won't pause/rewind etc. it recognises the command but can't pass it on to the TiVo for some reason.
  6. Kernowrebel Win User

    Change channels on Virgin Media TiVo

    Hi, It may be that you've already sorted this, but in case you haven't... I encountered exactly the same problem and think I have fond the answer after many frustrating hours! I'm guessing you don't have a Kinect sensor, which is what would control the
    devices? What you will need is an IR blaster -with a 3.5mm jack one end and sensors the other. It plugs into the back of the Xbox and you position each sensor next to the IR sensor on your TiVo box (and TV if you want Xbox to control that too). This is where
    the power command will work in controlling the IR for each device and enabling you to change channels on the Xbox to guide, rather than using the TiVo remote. They have them on Amazon for £11.95 at the moment, so not too expensive!

    Hope this helps, Rob.
  7. scottindeed Win User

    TV sound only in stereo

    I have the exact same issue. Virgin TiVo going into Xbox one via HDMI, then HDMI to 5.1 receiver, then HDMI to TV. No 5.1 from the Virgin TiVo movie channels, but everything else is fine.
  8. f00xm4n Win User

    Tv functions in the UK via Sky

    I have tivo with virgin media hope we get stuff soon too.
  9. Rouble Win User

    Xbox On/ Xbox Turn Off does not power on off Tivo Virgin Media

    hiya what you could also try is in the device control section of the settings make sure you have the cable or satellite box set to Virgin Media Tivo ...so CABLE OR SATELLITE BOX BRAND set to Virgin Media and then CABLE OR SATELLITE BOX MODEL set to TiVo....this
    worked for me and should give you access to the functions you want.
Thema:

Change channels on Virgin Media TiVo

Loading...
  1. Change channels on Virgin Media TiVo - Similar Threads - Change channels Virgin

  2. How to see what badges are and change which show?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to see what badges are and change which show?: I am in the beta ring. It seems I should be able to at a minimum be able to see what the badges were for and also should be able to select which 5 are showing? I tried to find it on console, and...
  3. The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.

    in XboX Insiders
    The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.: I want to raise a separate point about the way accessibility feedback is handled in the Xbox Insider program. When I completed an accessibility survey, I was told I would receive XP for doing it....
  4. Is anyone else upset about the cloud gaming changes?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else upset about the cloud gaming changes?: Hopefully this is an okay place to give feedback that will be seen. This feels like a breach of trust from someone who has had game pass for a long time and has spent a lot of time playing games...
  5. Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes

    in XboX Insiders
    Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes: As someone who enjoyed my time with the ad supported cloud streaming enough to subscribe to game pass essential, the update regarding cloud streaming being limited is extremely disappointing. For...
  6. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]
  7. La nouvelle MAJ (bêta/delta) Xbox change tout !

    in XboX Insiders
    La nouvelle MAJ (bêta/delta) Xbox change tout !: Étant abonné insider, disposant de deux console Xbox séries ( S & X) L’une insider version bêta (séries S) L’autre version Oméga (Séries X) J’ai une connexion 5G box en France . (230Mb/s max)...
  8. Did Xbox recently change how achievement completion percentages are rounded?

    in XboX Insiders
    Did Xbox recently change how achievement completion percentages are rounded?: Has Xbox changed how achievement completion percentages are rounded/displayed recently? For years my Halo Infinite completion showed as 68% with 1365G earned. Recently it suddenly changed to 67%...
  9. ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...
  10. have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...