Change Change where new apps will install in settings

Discus and support Change Change where new apps will install in settings in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I want to install a game from the Microsoft Store onto my HDD but It wont let me saying that the drive is not set up for games, and when I go into... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tomokai, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Tomokai
    Tomokai Guest

So I want to install a game from the Microsoft Store onto my HDD but It wont let me saying that the drive is not set up for games, and when I go into settings and try to change it it comes up with (We couldn't set your default save location. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it) Because I have apps on my HDD from another device? I recently got a new SSD but I don't know what that has to do with it.

Any Help appretiated

:)

Tomokai, Feb 1, 2021
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I can't download pc gamepass games to my external ssd D Drive.

May I know if you already try changing where new apps are installed inside settings app?
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Unable to change installation drive in xbox app.

Try changing the default location for new apps in Windows to your desired drive:

Go to Start (Windows Start) -> Settings -> System -> Storage -> Change where new content is saved (under 'More Storage Settings'). Change the setting "New Apps will install to:" to the drive you want to use.

After that, restart your computer and see if you can change the Xbox App default drive for installations.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox(Beta) For windows 10 UNABLE TO CONFIGURE DOWNLOAD LOCATION

system settings > storage > change where new content is saved

this is the option, when you change this it only changes it for apps and games from the store not normal computer programs. windows will stay where it is, this just changes the location for app and games installed off
    the store.
  5. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

Installing Xbox games for PC on a network drive

Hi
    To install apps on a separate drive on Windows 10:
    1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.
    2. Click on System > Storage.
    3. Click on Change where new content is saved under More storage settings.

4. Select D drive using the drop down menu under New apps will save to.

You can also install an app and later move the app to a different drive.
    To move an app to a different drive:
    2. Click on Apps > Apps & features.
    3. Click on the app that you want to move, and select Move.
    4. Select the destination drive.

For anyone having problems still, for me "Change where new content is saved" was already set to my second drive (the one I wanted to install on) and it was not showing up in the Microsoft Store drop-down.
    Try this as well to try and fix the problem:

Open "Change where new content is saved", change them all back to C: and apply

Open the 'Microsoft Store' and the app/game page of you want to install

Go back to "Change where new content is saved" and change them all back to the drive you wanted to install to.

Click install, Microsoft Store should now accept the second drive.

Hope this helps
  6. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

Prey on Games Pass for PC

Hi

To install apps on a separate drive on Windows 10:

2. Click on System > Storage.

3. Click on Change where new content is saved under More storage settings.

4. Select D drive using the drop down menu under New apps will save to.

You can also install an app and later move the app to a different drive.

To move an app to a different drive:

2. Click on Apps > Apps & features.

3. Click on the app that you want to move, and select Move.

4. Select the destination drive.

For anyone having problems still, for me "Change where new content is saved" was already set to my second drive (the one I wanted to install on) and it was not showing
    up in the Microsoft Store drop-down.

Try this as well to try and fix the problem:

1. Open "Change where new content is saved", change them all back to C: and apply
    2. Open the 'Microsoft Store' and the app/game page of you want to install
    3. Go back to "Change where new content is saved" and change them all back to the drive you wanted to install to.
    4. Click install, Microsoft Store should now accept the second drive.
Thema:

1. Change Change where new apps will install in settings - Similar Threads - Change Change where

2. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  3. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  4. I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go?: I refunded some games but I changed my payment method where will the money go? c39da3c8-53a5-4c35-b5db-a6561b690066
  5. where to contact for username changes minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    where to contact for username changes minecraft: i accidentally changed my minecraft username to a derogatory word. and i tried going to mojang support but just got an automated email saying because of migration they are no longer able to...
  6. Where do the username change requests go

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where do the username change requests go: Where do the username change requests go 643687ad-26a8-4252-9322-7be19aaaa897
  7. Any way to recover a hacked Microsoft account where the email has been changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any way to recover a hacked Microsoft account where the email has been changed?: So I fell for a phishing scam and my account was stolen and the original email was removed and a new one added so the original account no longer exists, I just wanted to know if there was any way...
  8. Where do you change my profile data so xbox nows that I m Canadian

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where do you change my profile data so xbox nows that I m Canadian: Dear Tech Support, I have a problem, I want to buy at microsoft store something but hes asking me lot of question concerning my adress that I already enter it. I am blocked when he ask me wich...
  9. Where do you got to change your pass code and guestion on xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do you got to change your pass code and guestion on xbox 360: Where do you go to change your pass code and guestion on xbox 360 f09357f7-f1a8-4908-8831-3efa3119f2da
  10. were in xbox safety settings do i change it where i can play with content created by other...

in XBoX on Consoles
    were in xbox safety settings do i change it where i can play with content created by other...: were in xbox safety settings do i change it where i can play with content created by other players 433e957c-a34a-4740-8de5-7bb98449d98a