Change an xBox child account to an adult account

Discus and support Change an xBox child account to an adult account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son is now 18, and this is reflected in the date of birth shown in his xBox account. I can't, however, find any way to allow him to take control of... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ChrisRenney, Apr 17, 2022.

1. ChrisRenney
    ChrisRenney Guest

My son is now 18, and this is reflected in the date of birth shown in his xBox account. I can't, however, find any way to allow him to take control of his child account or promote it to an adult account. Reading old forum posts on the matter isn't getting me anywhere either. Can someone please help?

Thanks.

:)

ChrisRenney, Apr 17, 2022
  2. ChaosReigNZ84 Win User

Parental control settings

I can't remember 100% but I am sure whoever set up the child account can change it. Like if you made an adult account on the xbox before making the child account that adult account can change wether the child account is a child account or and adult one.
    I will just test this out myself now and post how it went
  3. Smwutches Win User

How can I switch my adult account to a childs account and make a new adult account

You can change a child account to an adult account, but you can't change an adult account to a child account. In order to manage them, you would have to create new child accounts for them.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Privacy & Safety settings different between Xbox and Website

Hey Xwarrior,

Did this account graduate naturally from a child account to an adult account or was there a birthday change attempt? You can change the birthdate to the Microsoft account but it will not change the birthdate that was entered originally to the Xbox profile.

In other words, a child account will remain a child account until it graduates naturally to an adult account. No way around it.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Kinderkonto zu Erwachsenenkonto Stufen -[Translation - Children's account to adult account levels]

Hello PhilipBasgal,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in changing a child account to an adult account. Once an account has been established as a child account, it cannot be changed to an adult account until the child turns
    18. The best way to manage the child account is to
    add it to a family
    . This requires an adult account to add the child account to the family. Once the child account has been added to the adult account's family, the child account will be able to access online features. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Switching Organizer to Member?

Its not possible to change from an organizer (adult account) to a member (child account). Whether the account is an adult account or child account is dependent on the date of birth entered when the account was first created. The date of birth on the Xbox
    account cannot be changed either.
Thema:

1. Change an xBox child account to an adult account - Similar Threads - Change child account

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  7. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  8. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  9. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....
  10. How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?: How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? None of the previous threads answers this question as it has since changed. Please include step by step instructions. Under the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to switch minor xbox account to adult