Center Channel Audio Gone with Latest Update

Discus and support Center Channel Audio Gone with Latest Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Yesterday when I turned on my Xbox Series X, I noticed there was no center channel output -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DF81, Nov 3, 2021.

1. DF81
    DF81 New Member

Hi All.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Yesterday when I turned on my Xbox Series X, I noticed there was no center channel output - but my mains and surround (7.2.4) work fine. Nothing has changed on my Anthem AVM70 - the only change has been the console update.

I've done several hard power cycles, tried installing the Dolby apps and using bitstream, etc (tried every audio setting on the console), but under no circumstances can I get any audio out from the Xbox Series X on center channel.

This applies to every game I have, all media apps as well.

My PS5 works just fine, as does my old blu-ray player.

Since the X is our main media machine, this is pretty frustrating.

DF81, Nov 3, 2021
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Center Channel Audio Gone After November 1 Update

Hi NF_1105,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are having concern with playing sounds on the Center Channel Audio of your Anthem AVM70 connected to Xbox Console after an update. We would recommend for you to contact the manufacturer for a thorough check of your device - Contact Us | Anthem® (anthemav.com).

If you have a different concern kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. candaman Win User

Xbox Box Audio Problems via Bitstream. Where is my center channel audio?!?!?

OK My bad please remove post. I didn't realize there is no center channel present in the dashboard but once the game loads all 7 channels are receiving audio. I should have tested it with a game first but thought no center channel audio on startup was a
    problem with overall audio for all applications.
  4. Jaymo1978 Win User

Can't Hear Voices In-Game

Can I ask how you are listening to your audio, Jack? I ask because, depending on the company, the audio is handled in different ways. For example, some companies use the Center Channel on surround sound signals to put out the voices, so if the center channel
    has gotten turned down (or if you've chosen the wrong output format in settings) then the game will be trying to play audio on a channel that you don't have hooked up. Say you're listening on a stereo set of headphones, or even just on your TV speakers. If
    you set the audio to 5.1 surround, you'll hear SOME audio, because the right and left channels will just be a mix of the different right and left surround channels. But since there is no center channel on a stereo setup, the system will send audio to that
    center channel, and your system won't be able to play it. (So, if the audio is directional, any time the voices should be coming from the center speaker, you wouldn't be able to hear them very well.)

You might try setting your audio to Stereo instead of 5.1 or 7.1? It might not be the problem in your case, but it is a possibility worth checking!
  5. ChrisShivers1 Win User

Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

That’s good you got your surround to work. However, part of the main issue is the center channel not working properly. You may hear “some” audio come from the center channel but are you hearing everything you’re supposed to?

For example:

Halo infinite - Center channel isn’t producing any audio when firing a weapon, the audio comes from other speakers. (Specifics are on a previous post of mine)

YouTube - Doesn’t use center channel at all, sound comes from surround speakers in what comes off as an echo. Yet using YouTube via a different source (like AppleTV 4k), all audio plays as expected.

There’s more examples, but I gotta get to work.
  6. Chance Gum Win User

Xbox One - Low Sound on Sony HT-RT5 Soundbar

Check to see if you're getting audio out of your rear speakers at all. I'm having a similar issue where I can't get 5.1 audio from my xbox one through my soundbar. I've got a 5.1 system connected via HDMI (and tried all of the 5.1 uncompressed, bitstream,
    and everything else) and I keep losing my center channel (the one where all the voices come from) and the rear channels are just gone.
Thema:

1. Center Channel Audio Gone with Latest Update - Similar Threads - Center Channel Audio

2. Center Channel Audio has vanished

in XBoX on Consoles
    Center Channel Audio has vanished: Audio before purchase of Xbox Series X: perfect and perfectly calibrated Audio after purchase of Xbox Series X: stereo front speakers only, center channel has vanished I have a Marantz receiver,...
  3. Center Channel Audio Gone After November 1 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Center Channel Audio Gone After November 1 Update: Hi All. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Yesterday when I turned on my Xbox Series X, I noticed there was no center channel output - but my mains and surround (7.2.4) work fine....
  4. 7.1 and 5.1 LPCM Audio issues with Series X: No center channel, missing surround

in XBoX on Consoles
    7.1 and 5.1 LPCM Audio issues with Series X: No center channel, missing surround: After hours of troubleshooting and going back and forth with Nakamichi (manufacturer of soundbar), we finally nailed down what "my" problem is (and from searching, sounds like other folks are...
  5. Series X: DIRT 5 and others? Missing some center channel audio in 5.1 and 7.1 mix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X: DIRT 5 and others? Missing some center channel audio in 5.1 and 7.1 mix: Sounds like others are experiencing this issue in DIRT 5 and AC Valhalla, where certain sounds aren't producing (announcer in DIRT 5) via center channel in the 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed output. Are...
  6. Series X Audio issue: Not hearing dialogue in cutscenes (center channel audio).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Audio issue: Not hearing dialogue in cutscenes (center channel audio).: I'm having an issue with my Series X that started happening all of a sudden. It seems I am not getting center channel audio and it results in not being able to hear dialogue during cutscenes. This...
  7. Xbox Box Audio Problems via Bitstream. Where is my center channel audio?!?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Box Audio Problems via Bitstream. Where is my center channel audio?!?!?: I have an older receiver; Anthem AVM30 pre/pro, with no hdmi switching therefore use an optical cable for audio. The console is set to hdmi audio off and optical to bitstream. I have zero center...
  8. Losing center audio channel and other problems with 5.1 audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Losing center audio channel and other problems with 5.1 audio: I have an xbox one. I have a Vizio SB4015-C0 sound bar I have a Vizio E-390I tv. The TV had terrible sound quality so I went and bought the $300 5.1 soundbar. Everything seemed great. But...
  9. No audio through center channel since last update 7/2014

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through center channel since last update 7/2014: I was enjoying surround sound up until the recent update. I've tried everything. The issue is occurring with all audio coming from the xbox one. I've performed extensive troubleshooting and it is...
  10. Bitstream Audio DTS / DD cannot get center channel to play audio with HDMI passthrough

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bitstream Audio DTS / DD cannot get center channel to play audio with HDMI passthrough: I have a Dennon AVR3313 that supports both DTS / DD. When I play my DirectTV receiver via TV passthrough I cannot get the center channel to play. I have tried every setting on my receiver (yes...
Tags: