CD installation stops at 1.04 GB, for 2 different games.

Discus and support CD installation stops at 1.04 GB, for 2 different games. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox one and bought a hard disc for mas effect Andromeda. When I tried to install it, the process became stuck at 1.04 GB. I thought the disc... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Abdul Sami2, May 16, 2023.

1. Abdul Sami2
    Abdul Sami2 Guest

I have an Xbox one and bought a hard disc for mas effect Andromeda. When I tried to install it, the process became stuck at 1.04 GB. I thought the disc was faulty so I returned it. Fast forward couple of months to 3 days back back when I brought a hard disc for halo ultimate collection (or whatever it's called) and the installation again stopped at 1.04 GB, I don't understand the problem. Any help is welcome.

:)

Abdul Sami2, May 16, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Abdul, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you willing to assist with this

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to install physical games.

May I know if this happens no matter which physical copy you try to install or is happening only with Mass Effect and Halo?

Is your console enrolled to the Xbox Insiders Program?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also, may I know what procedures you tried to fix this so far?

Meanwhile, try to perform a physical power cycle disconnecting the power cable

"Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on."

You can find the same steps in the article below

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. Fubski Win User

Borderlands 2

If your game is a CD and since you mentioned that this is the only game that is experiencing the issue then I advise you to return the CD to the retailer and have them replace it. If the same issue persisted using the replaced CD then contact the game developer
    of Borderlands 2 as there's a chance that this can be a game server issue.

If your game is a digital game then you must be experiencing a corrupted file or content as you will need to uninstall this game then install first a different game that has a capacity close to what the Borderlands 2 has. After installing a different game,
    reinstall then the game Borderlands 2. This is to overwrite the space that the game Borderlands 2 has occupied when you first installed it.
  4. Hara-Kirix Win User

CD..? [Answered]

You'll have to have the disc when you want to play. It does not equate to a digital copy of the game, so if you want to install and play it, you'll need to have the game disc in the drive. I have switched to digitally owning games since they offered
    that on the 360, and has proven very good, even more so when they introduced backwards compatible titles, where they now just appear magically on my Xbox One for install and play. The downside to not owning a disc can be you don't have access to offline games
    if it's not installed and you don't have an internet connection, but that hasn't been an issue for me, but just note there are SOME downsides to digitally owning it.
    Got another question if I may,from what I understood once you insert a CD you are supposed to be able to play right away right?

Like that is the whole point of a CD which is as you said. Saves internet and data for those who either lack internet or want to play something quick and don't have fast enough internet to wait for the game to download.

So why in my case I have 2 different CDs 1 is Xbox One S (Game's Skylanders Trap Team) which has 16 GBs of the game on the disc but still needs to update about 3 GBs. And another CD which is Xbox 360 (Game's Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag) which has no GB on
    the CD AT ALL so instead of showing "Disc 11.13 GB of 16.20 GB (which is Skylanders' installation process from CD to Xbox) it shows Network: 11 MB of 11.35 GB so basically the whole game needs to DOWNLOAD and not INSTALL. Got explanation for that please?
  5. MithrilFlame Win User

CD..? [Answered]

You'll have to have the disc when you want to play. It does not equate to a digital copy of the game, so if you want to install and play it, you'll need to have the game disc in the drive. I have switched to digitally owning games since they offered
    that on the 360, and has proven very good, even more so when they introduced backwards compatible titles, where they now just appear magically on my Xbox One for install and play. The downside to not owning a disc can be you don't have access to offline games
    if it's not installed and you don't have an internet connection, but that hasn't been an issue for me, but just note there are SOME downsides to digitally owning it.
    Got another question if I may,from what I understood once you insert a CD you are supposed to be able to play right away right?

Like that is the whole point of a CD which is as you said. Saves internet and data for those who either lack internet or want to play something quick and don't have fast enough internet to wait for the game to download.

So why in my case I have 2 different CDs 1 is Xbox One S (Game's Skylanders Trap Team) which has 16 GBs of the game on the disc but still needs to update about 3 GBs. And another CD which is Xbox 360 (Game's Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag) which has no GB on
    the CD AT ALL so instead of showing "Disc 11.13 GB of 16.20 GB (which is Skylanders' installation process from CD to Xbox) it shows Network: 11 MB of 11.35 GB so basically the whole game needs to DOWNLOAD and not INSTALL. Got explanation for that please?

Yes, technically the game files may be on the Disc and install to your Xbox hard drive from there, however in practice as soon as you insert the disc it will check on the internet for updates to the game, to make the game better and fix issues, and it will
    99% of the time have to download the whole game over the internet anyway, so in reality, the Game Disc is just to authorise you to play the game.
  6. stethepea16 Win User

My Xbox one disc game won't install.

Thema:

1. CD installation stops at 1.04 GB, for 2 different games. - Similar Threads - installation stops different

2. why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?: i’ve been trying to install fortnite for the past few days looking up all sorts of ways to fix the problem but nothing seems to work. ive tried probably every method that i could find on youtube...
  3. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  4. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  5. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  6. Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It...: Trying to install RDR2 on my Xbox 1 but the download keeps stopping for some reason. It also says the game needs an update and I don't even have it installed yet 259bc5a7-f059-4b51-a564-dd1177a5afde
  7. Installation stopped on XBOX One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stopped on XBOX One X: I have been playing and installing games on my Series X no issue but my child has my older Xbox One X and within the last two days any game he attempts to install will randomly quit with an...
  8. gtav install stops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gtav install stops: hi I have been here looking at another similar issue and I have tried clearing local save going offline and power cycling the Xbox but install keeps stopping i don't know why i have tried 2...
  9. why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4: why is my Xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4 and when i get to see how fast it is downloading it inly says 900kbps or 2-5mbps and i have made a...
  10. Xternal Harddrive “installation stopped”

in XboX Insiders
    Xternal Harddrive “installation stopped”: i have a series S and i have a sea gate external hd sometimes works perfectly but sometimes it will stop installing are 50% completion. any tips? submitted by /u/hunter_lajoie [link] [comments]