Casting to xbox help

Discus and support Casting to xbox help in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; HI, I didnt know if someone knew the answer so that's why I am asking now. I use to be able to cast showbox to my xbox one with either allcast or... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by IAMWEIRD93, Jun 11, 2018.

1. IAMWEIRD93
    IAMWEIRD93 Guest

Casting to xbox help

HI, I didnt know if someone knew the answer so that's why I am asking now. I use to be able to cast showbox to my xbox one with either allcast or allconnect. Both worked, except today. My xbox is connected to the wifi and my phone/tablet is also connected
    to the same wifi. But for some reason it neither of the apps will find my xbox now. If someone could help me with this answer that would be great.

:)

IAMWEIRD93, Jun 11, 2018
  2. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Casting to xbox

Hey J4ck thanks for the reply and the patience!

Sounds like there might be something going on with the latest update.

Since the problem might be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a

Soft Factory Reset
    (while keeping games and apps) IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!

XBF Nestor S, Jun 11, 2018
  3. J4ck0shinz
    J4ck0shinz Guest
    Casting to xbox

I have tried to revert the samsung music app back to the last version I knew it worked on, and it just can't find the xbox to cast to, so it is definitely something to do with the xbox as I can still pick up other devices in the house to connect to easily,
    also my brother has an xbox one which used to appear when I tried to find mine which it no longer does??, I can only assume they removed this feature for some reason.

J4ck0shinz, Jun 11, 2018
  4. Chae247
    Chae247 Guest

Casting to xbox help

I know there have been several with this same issue in the past few weeks. As a solution some are reporting that using LocalCast appears to work for now. Also be sure you unselect the local player option so that it will bring up a menu to choose another
    player instead. Not sure what is going on with this particular issue....just that A LOT are having it!

Chae247, Jun 12, 2018
  5. Chae247 Win User

Casting to xbox help

I know there have been several with this same issue in the past few weeks. As a solution some are reporting that using LocalCast appears to work for now. Also be sure you unselect the local player option so that it will bring up a menu to choose another
    player instead. Not sure what is going on with this particular issue....just that A LOT are having it!
  6. CamDogg00 Win User

I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one

They are referring to the Local Cast app for Android. I am also having this problem not only woth local cast but any app that has the casting ability. Netflix, youtube, etc... are no longer seeing the xbox one on the cast to device list like it used to.
    Was there an update that removed this feature of casting directly to the xbox??

Thanks!
  7. brandiesel1 Win User

HELP - CASTING ISSUES

It must be some new trendy word that hipsters use.
  8. iBakez Win User

HELP - CASTING ISSUES

casting is currently down if people could be bothered to search for the status page...

xbox.com/status
  9. Andis82 Win User

HELP - CASTING ISSUES

I am also having this issue, I think the March update has limited devices you can cast from. Also 'go to TV on start' doesn't work.
Thema:

Casting to xbox help

1. Casting to xbox help - Similar Threads - Casting help

2. Casting YouTube from Mobile to Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Casting YouTube from Mobile to Xbox: Using the Xbox One X Every time for over a year now when I cast YouTube to my Xbox from mobile the Closed Captions will turn on. I have gone through settings and have them off, but after...
  3. why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem

in XBoX on Windows
    why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem: Sounds like youtube can stream to my xbox and many others around the world and so my question is why hasnt xbox fixed this problem its invasion of ones privacy to an extent im really surprised...
  4. How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...

in XBoX on Windows
    How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...: I get signed in and it says press enable, what combination of xbox buttons will let me enable it without seeing the screen? Cheers to anyone who can help 884ce42f-72e0-4863-a726-8afbeab51ddd
  5. when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...: i use a normal wireless xbox series x controller on my xbox my pc is connected via wifi and xbox is connected via ethernet (this provides the best connection becuase i dont have another ethernet...
  6. Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11: I have been attempting to stream content from my windows 11 equipped desktop computer to my Xbox Series X, however the cast function does not detect the console. I have reviewed this thread...
  7. How do I stop people in my house from Casting their videos to my Xbox when I don't want...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I stop people in my house from Casting their videos to my Xbox when I don't want...: So everytime I play games at least once a day I get booted off of the game from someone in my house who presses the wrong thing (either accidentally or on purpose) when casting their YouTube...
  8. Unable to cast from Windows 11 PC to Xbox via wireless display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to cast from Windows 11 PC to Xbox via wireless display: Whenever I attempt to start casting, my monitor goes black and Wireless Display starts spinning as if it's connecting, finally nothing will happen. I've tried putting both on 2.4Ghz band and...
  9. Xbox One S does not cast image after power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not cast image after power on: I have turned my Xbox on this morning and I've noticed that after 5 minutes my TV was still off, so I turned the TV on manually and saw that it was stuck on the green Xbox One screen. I let it...
  10. Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X: Hello, I've been attempting to cast my laptop to my Xbox Series X using the Wireless Display App, and it never seems to work (or maybe it does, but then it disconnects immediately). I can cast...