Casting problems

Discus and support Casting problems in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Now I have it fixed with a chromecast BUT since the latest update I can no longer cast to my xbox from my phone and have to use the chromecast to watch... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Shagwan257, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Casting problems

Now I have it fixed with a chromecast BUT since the latest update I can no longer cast to my xbox from my phone and have to use the chromecast to watch tv on it (showbox and allcast) I can pick up my kids Xbox's but mine just doesnt appear. This happened before last year and it was fixed with an update but still why do they update and knock out the casting options?

Alpha skip preview band for people who will ask.

submitted by /u/Shagwan257
    [link] [comments]

/u/Shagwan257, Jun 17, 2019
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

HELP - CASTING ISSUES

What is casting? I came in thinking you were having a problem casting spells in an RPG. lol
  3. CamDogg00 Win User

I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one

They are referring to the Local Cast app for Android. I am also having this problem not only woth local cast but any app that has the casting ability. Netflix, youtube, etc... are no longer seeing the xbox one on the cast to device list like it used to.
    Was there an update that removed this feature of casting directly to the xbox??

Thanks!
  4. noxious21040 Win User

App issues

I, too, am having this problem.

I saw on the Xbox status site that YouTube is limited. It said something about this happening "when using the Cast functionality on other devices." I am not using any Cast functionality, however.
  5. D3KDAVE Win User

Problems Casting To Xbox One

I’ve tried that - numerous times -but no luck.

I managed to stream my Xbox to my Laptop using the companion app just not the other way around.
  6. BlaserJake Win User

Problems Casting To Xbox One

Restart the xbox or the computer. It could be a problem like that
Thema:

Casting problems

1. Casting problems - Similar Threads - Casting problems

2. Casting YouTube from Mobile to Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Casting YouTube from Mobile to Xbox: Using the Xbox One X Every time for over a year now when I cast YouTube to my Xbox from mobile the Closed Captions will turn on. I have gone through settings and have them off, but after...
  3. why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem

in XBoX on Windows
    why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem: Sounds like youtube can stream to my xbox and many others around the world and so my question is why hasnt xbox fixed this problem its invasion of ones privacy to an extent im really surprised...
  4. How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...

in XBoX on Windows
    How does one go and enable screen casting on xbox with a broken hdmi port, Trying to see...: I get signed in and it says press enable, what combination of xbox buttons will let me enable it without seeing the screen? Cheers to anyone who can help 884ce42f-72e0-4863-a726-8afbeab51ddd
  5. when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...: i use a normal wireless xbox series x controller on my xbox my pc is connected via wifi and xbox is connected via ethernet (this provides the best connection becuase i dont have another ethernet...
  6. Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11: I have been attempting to stream content from my windows 11 equipped desktop computer to my Xbox Series X, however the cast function does not detect the console. I have reviewed this thread...
  7. How do I stop people in my house from Casting their videos to my Xbox when I don't want...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I stop people in my house from Casting their videos to my Xbox when I don't want...: So everytime I play games at least once a day I get booted off of the game from someone in my house who presses the wrong thing (either accidentally or on purpose) when casting their YouTube...
  8. Unable to cast from Windows 11 PC to Xbox via wireless display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to cast from Windows 11 PC to Xbox via wireless display: Whenever I attempt to start casting, my monitor goes black and Wireless Display starts spinning as if it's connecting, finally nothing will happen. I've tried putting both on 2.4Ghz band and...
  9. Xbox One S does not cast image after power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not cast image after power on: I have turned my Xbox on this morning and I've noticed that after 5 minutes my TV was still off, so I turned the TV on manually and saw that it was stuck on the green Xbox One screen. I let it...
  10. Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X: Hello, I've been attempting to cast my laptop to my Xbox Series X using the Wireless Display App, and it never seems to work (or maybe it does, but then it disconnects immediately). I can cast...