Capturing video To a Samsung T5 external SSD, my captures have a weird glitch. They keep...

Discus and support Capturing video To a Samsung T5 external SSD, my captures have a weird glitch. They keep... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Its ruined a whole day of captures. No poc but I have videos 536e3e81-e86b-4be6-b20f-594e7037fd19 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tomhodges1, Feb 5, 2021.

1. tomhodges1
    tomhodges1 Guest

Capturing video To a Samsung T5 external SSD, my captures have a weird glitch. They keep...

Its ruined a whole day of captures. No poc but I have videos

:)

tomhodges1, Feb 5, 2021
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Captures on external harddrive

I use a capture card because of this and another problem I encountered is that if you capture 4k HDR videos on external when you upload them to Youtube only the 4k aspect of it uploads but not the HDR and the video ends up looking weird
  3. dazza61 Win User

xbox wont transfer all captures to external storage

The copying of captures to an external drive is a disgrace.

I have a 480GB Samsung Evo SSD USB 3.0 formatted to NTSC as required by MS.

Problems:

1) Try to copy all and the process randomly fails BUT there is NO indication at which capture it failed at

2) When you copy individual captures the process often fails if any clip is over 30secs. If you repeat the copying process it can work after 2-3 tries. Often it fails and then when you try to copy again it doesn't download but simply does the copying process which suggests the file downloaded from Xbox but didn't copy to external drive on the first pass.

3) There is no way of checking the external drive for what captures you have copied across. The only solution is to disconnect and connect to a PC which is a pain in the @@@

4) A weird glitch is when on PC you copy the XboxCaptures folder to another drive (so you have a backup) it fails to copy on the first pass, but DOES copy on the 2nd attempt. Feels like there's some weird copy protection/permissions issue going on.....

It's one of the most painful experiences I've ever faced in 40yrs of using computers but I have to persist because from January 2024 my captures are gonna be erased based on a 90day cycle.

Please provide some form of progress bar when downloading and some context so we can compare what we've moved/copied across.

There are more problems but you have to see it to believe it. It's an absolute shambles.....someone at Xbox needs to try this to see how utterly mind numbingly frustrating it is.....
  4. Korhog Win User

Streaming on Xbox 360

would be great, if xbox one could be capture video from the hdmi input, but... the external video capture card is your best choice)
  5. Georges C. Win User

Why is gameplay recording so poor on XBOX

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hellp Heeeydevon, as you are on Xbox S Series unfortunately it and limited by the size of the SSD, however you can buy an external disk and use it only for media captures, it does not need to be an SSD, just be an external HD USB 3.0 and put it configured for your captures and you will get more recording time according to the size of the HD.
  6. vader da slayer Win User

Xbox one and youtube

You can upload video captured on 360 to youtube....its called an external capture card and they aren't THAT expensive.
Thema:

1. Capturing video To a Samsung T5 external SSD, my captures have a weird glitch. They keep... - Similar Threads - Capturing video Samsung

2. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  3. Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?: I just brought a new series x, and have been taking captures the last 5 days. Ive capture over 300 videos and screenshots but I only see 77. I have looked everywhere. why are my videos after 24...
  4. I deleted the videos from the Capture Folder directly and now the gallery is bugged. Need...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I deleted the videos from the Capture Folder directly and now the gallery is bugged. Need...: I can't upload a screenshot but basically I deleted the videos from the Captures folder but it is still there in the gallery, I cannot delete it or view it , it is just there. Also, the new videos...
  5. Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?: When I record screen capture videos on age of empire 4 it only saves in strange colours ie negative colour scheme. It does not do this on other games. I have had a look at the settings but...
  6. Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All"

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All": Hello, I am using Windows 11 and took a video using Windows Game Bar. I could hear audio the entire time I took the capture, and capturing settings were set to "All" yet the video has no sound....
  7. New way of uploading captured video clips to the network/cloud on Xbox NOT WELL IMPLEMENTED

in XboX Insiders
    New way of uploading captured video clips to the network/cloud on Xbox NOT WELL IMPLEMENTED: Previously, uploading videos to the cloud only occupied 1/3 of the screen, and once you confirm your upload, you get notified that your video is being uploaded, and there, you can either upload a...
  8. Why will my consul not allow video capture for Demon Slayer Hinokami Chronicles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why will my consul not allow video capture for Demon Slayer Hinokami Chronicles: Previously I had no issue recording video or taking screenshots from this game, after the recent update I am no longer able to capture video as it states that capturing is disabled and the game...
  9. [Idea] Adding Voice to Xbox Video Capture - Taking a Cue from the PS5!

in XboX Insiders
    [Idea] Adding Voice to Xbox Video Capture - Taking a Cue from the PS5!: Hello, I hope you're all having a fantastic day in the virtual realms. Today, I want to discuss something that has been on my mind lately: the ability to add voice to video captures on Xbox,...
  10. Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work.: i have formatted my usb twice. When i transfer my captures its not there. The app on Xbox that shows all usbs keeps saying i need to sign in, even though I already am. After trimming a video id...