Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work.

Discus and support Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; i have formatted my usb twice. When i transfer my captures its not there. The app on Xbox that shows all usbs keeps saying i need to sign in, even... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by MagicBonez, May 28, 2023.

1. MagicBonez
    MagicBonez Guest

Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work.

i have formatted my usb twice. When i transfer my captures its not there. The app on Xbox that shows all usbs keeps saying i need to sign in, even though I already am. After trimming a video id click the preview option, but it's all blank. It will play the whole video, just not when i trim. Only way i can see it is when i save it

:)

MagicBonez, May 28, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello MagicBonez,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are having issue saving your game captures to USB. Let us check on this together and check what is causing the issue and provide troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue so that you can properly save your games captured recording through an external drive.

On a Windows PC, you can find the downloaded clip saved under File Explorer > Videos > Captures. If you are using Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots, you can find it by opening Game Bar and selecting Widget Menu > Gallery. You may check all your captures through the location provided above and you may repeat the steps on transferring it to an external drive. If you are having issue saving captures to an external drive, you may try using different USB and see if that works.

The USB drive you use must be formatted as NTFS. You can’t use the same drive that games are installed on, which is formatted differently.

By the way, how do you edit clips from a Windows PC? Did you use the Xbox Console Companion app? Here is how to trim a game clip:

• Open the Xbox Console Companion app, and then select Captures
    • Select the clip that you want to edit. You can choose On this PC or On XboxLive. If you want to edit a clip from the On Xbox Live tab, select Download.
    • Select Trim to edit the length of the game clip.
    • Move the left bar to trim length off the beginning, and then move the right bar to trim the end of the recording.
    • When you’re satisfied, select Save copy to finish. You can choose where you can save the trimmed game clip now.

For your reference, see the following articles below that describe how to backup captures in Windows device.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. jazza1001 Win User

Clips

There used to be an app called Upload Studio which has just been removed from the App Store. To trim your videos from your Xbox follow these steps.

1. First capture your gameplay by pressing your xbox button followed by X.

2. After a short while your clip will have saved to your recent captures.

3. To see these captures press your xbox button again and move to Capture & Share.

4. Go to recent captures and press A, then choose which clip you want to trim and edit.

5. An option should now appear near bottom of list saying Trim.

6. It may take several moments to load in your clip.

7. Move your left analogue to trim your clip from.the start and your right to trim it from the end.

8. When finished press A to preview clip or X to save.

Hope this has helped.
  5. FormalPaul Win User

Trim

Trimming videos in captures is what i mean.
  6. Gaz915662 Win User

Upload Studio/Video Editor

I have a work around for the trim feature not working. I tend to find it works with 2 minute recordings a lot better than with any other size.

Also rather than load the video editor I tend to trim my clips directly from the recent captures.

Hope this helps :)
Thema:

1. Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work. - Similar Threads - Captures won't transfer

2. My captures won't even load up so I can see them for myself on my xbox what do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    My captures won't even load up so I can see them for myself on my xbox what do I do?: All of my stuff is good besides the fact that when I click my recent captures to see them I just get an infinite loading circle. e5df8d31-83c9-4bf6-aa42-b884bd03ad1a
  3. Why Won't my Xbox Captures transfer to OneDrive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Won't my Xbox Captures transfer to OneDrive?: Hello, I am trying to save my old clips from years of playing by transferring them to OneDrive from the "Xbox Network" option in My Captures. However, I have been trying to find an answer on why...
  4. Why won't all of my captures upload to external drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't all of my captures upload to external drive: When I try to upload my captures to an external drive it gives me a message thats says that it copied 278 captures but 101 weren't copied. 144455e2-9dfe-47cf-95fa-6fd8b1b13a9d
  5. When I try to click the live streaming button under capture and share, it won't load at all.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I try to click the live streaming button under capture and share, it won't load at all.: I try to click live streaming under Capture and share but it won't load at all. I've tried everything from restarting the console to resetting the console. Nothing is working and this all started...
  6. Queued for upload won't upload any captures.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Queued for upload won't upload any captures.: Hi. Recently out of the blue for some reason, I can no longer upload any captures when it is set to upload and store on SSD. It was working fine a couple of days ago but I've spoken to other...
  7. Xbox one s won't let me select usb as capture location.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s won't let me select usb as capture location.: It's a brand new usb, 3.0, 128gb. The xbox recognises that the usb is in, but it won't let me select it as a capture location. What do I do? 2096798d-7721-488f-9229-d1f199a41094
  8. XBox App won't Load Captures from XBox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox App won't Load Captures from XBox Series X: Yesterday I was able to see my Xbox series X captures on the iPhone Xbox app, but it suddenly stopped yesterday and now I cannot see any new captures. I also cannot delete any of the existing...
  9. Capture won't upload.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Capture won't upload.: When I try to upload a capture, it tells me it's queued for upload, despite nothing else being there. It eventually says capture uploaded, but when I try to share it it asks me to upload it,...
  10. Please help! I'm desperate. XBL app won't upload captures even though app gives noti it's...

in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I'm desperate. XBL app won't upload captures even though app gives noti it's...: An internet search tells me this is a frequent problem, it seems. But it's one of those where you never find anyone getting a satisfactory answer. And when ppl explain writing Xbox for assistance,...