Captures on Xbox disappearing

Discus and support Captures on Xbox disappearing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Many of my more recent captures have disappeared in the "On This Xbox" tab as well as the "On Xbox Live" one. Does anyone know the reason why?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by deltablaziken33, Nov 2, 2017.

  1. Captures on Xbox disappearing


    Many of my more recent captures have disappeared in the "On This Xbox" tab as well as the "On Xbox Live" one. Does anyone know the reason why?

    :)
     
    deltablaziken33, Nov 2, 2017
    #1
  2. I can’t type On my Xbox the keyboard keeps disappearing

    I cannot type on my Xbox the keyboard keeps on disappearing
     
    TheFunkyAfroz, Nov 2, 2017
    #2
  3. icrimzeni
    icrimzeni Guest
    Halo 4 pre order dlc missing

    plus one on the arctic BR and forest HAZOP armor disappearing. It keeps disappearing periodically, and when I restart the xbox it is 50/50 whether it will re-appear or not.

    WTF?
     
    icrimzeni, Nov 2, 2017
    #3
  4. PCGC Win User

    Xbox Screenshots and Record Captures

    When I change the filter I’m not missing anything on my Xbox Live (that I saved/uploaded through the years). But on my Xbox everything is gone expect that capture I mentioned, I took a few days ago. It’s so strange that everything I captured on my Xbox
    disappeared... The Xbox I have now, I’ve only had for 7 months. It had a 100 plus captures.
  5. Zorg Win User

    Captures stored ON my Xbox disappeared

    It's not related to the update.

    The Xbox console has only a limited amount of reserved space for captures, so if that limit is reached, new captures will "push out" older captures.

    If you wish to keep certain captures permanently, you need to use Upload Studio to upload your captures to OneDrive for example.
    I know exactly what you are talking about and this is not the case. EVERY capture I had before a certain time disappeared. Not to mention this was on a less than 1 year old Xbox One X. I had my prior console since launch, taking many many captures and never
    had an old one removed. Even if you were correct and I somehow took more captures in a year than I took in over 3 years on my other xbox, it wouldn't cause everything to disappear. It would gradually push old ones out. Several other people have reported
    to me that they have lost captures after this update and even prior updates, and looking at when I lost mine, it happened right about the time the July update was applied.
  6. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

    My captures disappeared

    Hello Jayda H, my name is zahir.

    I am sorry to hear this. Please advise which system you are using, for example is it a pc or xbox, please include more information so i can assist you to the best of my ability.

    If you are using xbox then you can always upload those captures to cloud,
    Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

    I await more information from you so i can help better.

    Regards Zahir
  7. Glu10Free Win User

    animals disappearing for farming

    Same problem here. I've captured a few cows and pigs, saved my game, and when I wander off they disappear.
  8. Penneysound Win User

    Screen captures lost while offline

    Well apparently that's not correct, unless it simply wasn't saving any of my captures at all while I was offline, which I had no way to check because it's impossible to view captures while offline, but it always said the captures were saved successfully. No system reset was performed except for the system update once I had internet again, which appears to be when the system erased all the captures. I'm not even the only one to have this problem of locally stored captures disappearing.
Thema:

Captures on Xbox disappearing

Loading...
  1. Captures on Xbox disappearing - Similar Threads - Captures disappearing

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?

    in XboX Insiders
    game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?: So I’m in a game preview and it says in the rules when I joined the preview that im not supposed to capture game audio/video or share the game with anyone but when I launch the game and start it...
  4. Voice and Game Capture Preview Update

    in XboX Insiders
    Voice and Game Capture Preview Update: Has anyone received the preview update that will allow us to capture party and game chat in captures on the Xbox? This is one update I have been asking and waiting for for years. I was under the...
  5. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. Game Captures not recording audio

    in XboX Insiders
    Game Captures not recording audio: On the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead update, Game Captures are no longer recording audio. This occurs whether audio is coming through a headset or the TV speakers. Recording settings: - Display is set...
  7. My local Xbox captures disappeared

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My local Xbox captures disappeared: Today I have discovered that my Xbox files that were stored on my console (not Xbox network) disappeared. Some clips that are 200+ days old are still there, even the newest ones from this month...
  8. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  9. My captures disappeared

    in XBoX on Windows
    My captures disappeared: ALL of my recent captures disappeared. the only ones i have are from a year ago and older. They were as recent as two weeks ago, and now they’re gone. 22210b03-7b48-447a-a723-9cff5f717290
  10. Why have all my gaming captures disappear?

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why have all my gaming captures disappear?: Hello, I am a gaming content creator which means I typically have hours upon hours worth of game clips. I went to go upload my gaming clips from my xbox to the xbox network, that I have been...