Captures not recording full clip

Discus and support Captures not recording full clip in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; When I record game clips on my Series S the clips only show the second half of what it’s supposed to be with the first half’s audio over it so nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by CrackpotDog014, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Captures not recording full clip

When I record game clips on my Series S the clips only show the second half of what it’s supposed to be with the first half’s audio over it so nothing is synced. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

CrackpotDog014, Feb 20, 2023
  2. The1ZombiSlayer Win User

Video and Capture

Funny story: i changed my capture settings from 45 seconds to 1 minute @ 1080p and... it recorded the full clip. Ive only done one clip so far but it seems a temporary fix is to just change the capture time frame, thats what worked last time. Or it could
    just be a fluke and this ONE time it recorded a full clip. Either way i hope this gets fixed someday.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We will follow the steps on this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

“First please follow this:
    1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Preferences.
    3. Under Capture & share, please choose don't allow game captures

Then we will powercycle:
    1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Lastly, Allow the game captures again:
    1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Preferences.
    3. Under Capture & share, please choose allow game captures”
  4. AngelObullets Win User

I can no longer know if I am recording a gameplay the whole recording system is wrong please help

Hi there Martincho Arias,

Are you on the xbox insider program at all?. There might be some reduction on the lenght of your video clips but they are for just clipping, If you want to record full game clips you can broadcast to mixer/twitch and do things that way or record via capture
    card :).
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Problema con GRABAR PARTIDAS de mis juegos [Problem with RECORDING GAMES from my games]

There might be some reduction on the length of your video clips but they are for just clipping, If you want to record full game clips you can broadcast to mixer/twitch and do things that way or record via capture
    card :). There is always a work around, perhaps trying a few other things. If you are in the insider program please use the report a problem feature and try a factory reset to see if it's a OS issue.
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Use webcam on game capture?

Hey there jmonk,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums. When you capture game clips on your Xbox One it starts to record automatically on screen. There would be no way to utilize a webcam to capture game clips.

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article for helpful information on

Recording and capturing Xbox One game clips and screenshots

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Captures not recording full clip - Similar Threads - Captures recording full

2. I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar: I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating the xbox game bar, what can I do? d9667d4d-593e-4fc1-9969-bf20e8d78b76
  3. why is my xbox game bar recording button, replay, and capture greyed out windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my xbox game bar recording button, replay, and capture greyed out windows 11: all my 3 buttons are greyed out except the microphone how do i fix it??? i set all the gamedvr and enable values to 1 how do i fix ??/ help???? 3cff387d-5816-4be2-a3f5-476251b36caa
  4. Microsoft Gamebar recordings capture static noise after getting a Razer Leviathan V2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Gamebar recordings capture static noise after getting a Razer Leviathan V2: Hi, as the title says. I've troubleshooted this with Razer themselves, and we've confirmed that the Leviathan is fully updated, and using OBS or Nvidia's recording system, there is no static over...
  5. Xbox Series X capture does not record my voice (Sept 2023)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X capture does not record my voice (Sept 2023): I am trying to record clips of Starfield with my voice commentary being recorded but it does not appear to work. The video is recording fine, the in-game audio is recording fine, but my voice is...
  6. Is there any way I can record my voice while I'm recording in captures?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way I can record my voice while I'm recording in captures?: I don't know how to do it. 02aa0a91-a2b4-487e-aebb-86050f06a738
  7. Capture / recording failed in xbox one console

in XBoX on Windows
    Capture / recording failed in xbox one console: My xbox one has started giving an error message stating recording failed whenever i try to record game clips 14dade5e-12e2-46e0-bfd4-26ab78f3c007
  8. What’s the best capture card for recording gameplay on my Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    What’s the best capture card for recording gameplay on my Xbox?: What’s the best capture card for recording gameplay on my Xbox? Also do i need a hard drive and software program to edit it? Thanks for all input! submitted by /u/SwimmingFirm8582 [link]...
  9. xbox capture recording is REALLY bright

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox capture recording is REALLY bright: recording with the xbox game bar makes objects really bright. it takes anything white and makes it as white as possible (also saturates other colors too, but it isn't nearly as strong) [img]...
  10. Is there a way to record party chat with the capture option?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to record party chat with the capture option?: How can I record party chat audio 259a0d1b-caab-4bf9-b134-c7b1e369b4a1