Captures not playing on xbox series x

Discus and support Captures not playing on xbox series x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have done a few video captures recently using the capture button on the controller which I have allocated to record videos, however the videos will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daytona73, Dec 16, 2020.

  1. Daytona73
    Daytona73 Guest

    Captures not playing on xbox series x


    I have done a few video captures recently using the capture button on the controller which I have allocated to record videos, however the videos will not play when I try to view them through my capture and share option? I just get a screen shot and no
    video? I have double checked and I definitely have my share button to record 30 second videos. Any help appreciated.

    :)
     
    Daytona73, Dec 16, 2020
    #1
  2. BenFenner Win User

    Game captures are terrible.

    Xbox series x. There is so much documentation about this issue, no-one has a solution (apart from streaming on twitch, saving the vod and then editing the video). Compared with my xbox one captures, taken well over a year ago, they are awful, choppy, stuttering messes. This is not a problem on my end, this is a problem with the xbox series x capture system. The fact captures are STILL terrible is a joke, given the series x was released over 18 months ago.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

    Can you record clips and take screenshots on an Xbox 360 console without a capture card?

    Hi,

    No sorry, it's not possible. Only the Xbox One and Series X|S can capture pictures and videos directly via the console.
  4. KyleHolt1 Win User

    Is there something wrong with the long-form recording option in my Xbox One X? Unable to reliably record for longer periods.

    I have a very, very fast Samsung ssd. It was 200 bucks i think last year for 1 tb. Same issue with xbox one x. I only capture in 4k hdr. Beyond that its pointless. So now, i don't capture. Xbox series x..... come on down!
  5. Fyre Insyde Win User

    Problem with Xbox Series X Game Capture

    I would like to have an answer to this as well. 1080p captures on the Series X appear to be capped at 1 minute now. Not only is this laughably low, to the point of uselessness, but this was never communicated to us. It looks like it was a stealth change that shipped with a console update about 3 months back. The PS5's capture settings are far and away superior to what we have on the Series X. Even the Xbox One allowed 2-min 1080p and 5-min 720p captures.

    What's going on here?
  6. julosjc Win User

    Upload Studio/Video Editor

    with the capture button putting emphasis on sharing in series X, let's hope they step up their game
Thema:

Captures not playing on xbox series x

Loading...
  1. Captures not playing on xbox series x - Similar Threads - Captures playing series

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?

    in XboX Insiders
    game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?: So I’m in a game preview and it says in the rules when I joined the preview that im not supposed to capture game audio/video or share the game with anyone but when I launch the game and start it...
  4. Voice and Game Capture Preview Update

    in XboX Insiders
    Voice and Game Capture Preview Update: Has anyone received the preview update that will allow us to capture party and game chat in captures on the Xbox? This is one update I have been asking and waiting for for years. I was under the...
  5. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. Game Captures not recording audio

    in XboX Insiders
    Game Captures not recording audio: On the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead update, Game Captures are no longer recording audio. This occurs whether audio is coming through a headset or the TV speakers. Recording settings: - Display is set...
  7. Consistent Gallery access error after capture & Huge praise for OneDrive sync speed

    in XboX Insiders
    Consistent Gallery access error after capture & Huge praise for OneDrive sync speed: Hi Team Xbox and fellow Insiders, I'm currently on the build (10.0.26100.7815) on Xbox Series X, and I'd like to provide feedback on two contrasting experiences with the current capture system:...
  8. Xbox captures won’t play back at all on my series x?

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox captures won’t play back at all on my series x?: So I’ve had some cool little clips from Space Marine 2 and Battlefield 6. I was able to view and send them to friends but after only like 2 fays since the battlefield ones and a couple weeks since...
  9. Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P: Some time ago i changed my display resolution to 1440P and the captures are lagging really bad I did a factory reset and i changed my capture resolution from 1080P to 720P hoping it would help...
  10. some captures are grey and won’t play

    in XboX Insiders
    some captures are grey and won’t play: Hi! About 8 of my captures will not play when I click on them and either stay on a grey screen or show up with a symbol showing I can’t play the capture. not sure what’s going on as a year ago I...