Captures no longer appearing in Xbox app, even when auto upload is enabled (and same issue...

Discus and support Captures no longer appearing in Xbox app, even when auto upload is enabled (and same issue... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Series X, Omega ring. I have 4K HDR video captured enabled so I know videos are a manual upload, but now even photos aren't appearing in my capture... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Isunova, Dec 9, 2020.

1. /u/Isunova
    /u/Isunova Guest

Captures no longer appearing in Xbox app, even when auto upload is enabled (and same issue...

Series X, Omega ring. I have 4K HDR video captured enabled so I know videos are a manual upload, but now even photos aren't appearing in my capture gallery in the Xbox app. The screenshots upload automatically but the app is bugged.

Even when I manually re-upload the screenshots, they still don't appear in the Xbox app.

submitted by /u/Isunova
    [link] [comments]

/u/Isunova, Dec 9, 2020
  2. AustinFoster2 Win User

How come when i upload a capture to xbox live it doesn't appear on my mobile app. This hasnt been a problem up until a day ago.

I have the exact same issue.. as of a day ago I can no longer delete or upload captures and the app is now totally useless
  3. Jhonkito Win User

Why won’t auto upload work?

Hi BentlyTGB, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

It's definitely frustrating when your Xbox auto-upload feature to OneDrive isn't working, especially after you've gone through the trouble of power cycling and resetting your console. Let's try to diagnose the issue and get those captures backed up to your OneDrive!

Here are some potential reasons why your auto-upload might not be working:

Network settings:

Double-check your internet connection: Ensure your Xbox is connected to a stable internet connection. Weak or intermittent signal can disrupt uploads.

Test your network speed: A slow internet connection might not be able to handle the upload of large capture files. Run a speed test to see if your bandwidth is sufficient.

UPnP settings: Try enabling UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) on your router. This allows devices on your network to automatically configure port forwarding, which can be necessary for uploads.

OneDrive settings:

OneDrive storage space: Make sure you have enough free space available in your OneDrive storage. Exceeding your storage limit will prevent uploads.

OneDrive account linking: Confirm that your Xbox account is correctly linked to your OneDrive account. You can check this in the "Captures & uploads" settings on your Xbox.

OneDrive app permissions: Ensure the OneDrive app on your Xbox has the necessary permissions to access your storage. You can manage app permissions in the "Apps & features" settings.

Xbox settings:

Auto-upload settings: Verify that auto-upload for captures and screenshots is enabled in the "Captures & uploads" settings on your Xbox.

Background activity: Make sure "Background downloads and updates" is enabled in the "Power & startup" settings. This allows uploads to occur even when you're not actively using your Xbox.

Capture resolution: Try reducing the resolution of your captures. Higher resolutions will result in larger file sizes, which might take longer to upload or exceed your OneDrive storage limit.
    Additional troubleshooting:

Hard reset your Xbox: If a soft reset didn't work, try a hard reset. This will erase all your saved data and settings, so be sure to back up anything important before proceeding.

For your reference, I've included some links where you can find more details about the solutions I suggested

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/my-games-apps/manage-clips-with-upload-studio

https://support.microsoft.com/offic...-website-9afcc4a0-e344-4bc9-9c9d-59d3e802247e

https://www.quora.com/Why-arent-my-...-my-Xbox-One-anymore-when-I-tell-it-to-upload

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, have a nice day. jhon
  4. StraightOuttaAz Win User

Why can't I delete my captures? Xbox series x

This issue is new to me, before i could delete captures easily through my xbox series s. However today i cannot delete captures from live using my Xbox, the Xbox app on my phone, or through the app on my PC. It appears to delete successfully but upon a refresh every clip is back on there.

i only noticed this issue because a clip i was uploading would give a noti that it uploaded from my app but not through my xbox and when i check my uploaded files it doesnt appear. I thought it may be an issue with too many uploads so i tried deleting and soon realized Microsoft has some explaining to do.
  5. Tyler Cutchall Win User

Xbox App unable to recognize games

I am on my PC, using the Xbox app on my PC. All captures recorded with the Microsoft Game DVR while playing on my PC. I can see the videos in the app under captures like usual. However, when i try to upload them to Xbox Live a message appears that says
    can’t upload capture, we don’t recognize this game. The problem is now happening with Forza Horizon 4 as well. I’ve found posts suggesting trying the beta Xbox app and I was able to upload a few Forza Horizon 4 captures before the problem occured on that app
    as well. The beta app wouldn’t let me upload BFV clips either. I tried resetting the regular Xbox app in the app settings and that works for awhile before the issue comes back. I’ve seen posts as old as 2016 stating this issue.
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Downloading Xbox screenshots to pc

You can use OneDrive. You get 5GB of storage for free.

In the capture settings on the console, you can set it so that captures are automatically uploaded to OneDrive if you like. You can also manually upload multiple captures to OneDrive at once via the Captures app. Also, you can upload an individual capture to OneDrive via the Share menu.

Once uploaded, screenshots will appear in the Pictures\Xbox Screenshots folder inside your OneDrive folder, and videos will appear in Videos\Xbox Game DVR.
Thema:

1. Captures no longer appearing in Xbox app, even when auto upload is enabled (and same issue... - Similar Threads - Captures longer appearing

2. Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P: Some time ago i changed my display resolution to 1440P and the captures are lagging really bad I did a factory reset and i changed my capture resolution from 1080P to 720P hoping it would help...
  3. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  4. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  5. Captures not loading

in XBoX on Windows
    Captures not loading: Captures are not loading for me to see them or upload them. 2beeb1ba-4492-4bf1-8810-064405325522
  6. My captures won't even load up so I can see them for myself on my xbox what do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    My captures won't even load up so I can see them for myself on my xbox what do I do?: All of my stuff is good besides the fact that when I click my recent captures to see them I just get an infinite loading circle. e5df8d31-83c9-4bf6-aa42-b884bd03ad1a
  7. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  8. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  9. Getting error code 0x82323018 when taking a capture

in XboX Insiders
    Getting error code 0x82323018 when taking a capture: It worked for like a second when I was loading into a game after doing a power cycle, but now I’m getting a different error. Cant take screenshot or video. submitted by /u/Nick51350Brew [link]...
  10. How to stop xbox uploading captures I no longer have?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop xbox uploading captures I no longer have?: This problem has only started today. I've deleted captures from my xbox, but every time I try to delete them from the network, they just... reappear there. I've cleared the cache, disabled...