Capture options no longer available when pressing the Xbox Share button on the controller.

Discus and support Capture options no longer available when pressing the Xbox Share button on the controller. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; While playing ESO I like to take lots of screenshots. Well today when I had a nice view in High Isle, I pressed the share button on the Xbox elite... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Ronaldo 1, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Ronaldo 1
    Ronaldo 1 Guest

Capture options no longer available when pressing the Xbox Share button on the controller.

While playing ESO I like to take lots of screenshots. Well today when I had a nice view in High Isle, I pressed the share button on the Xbox elite controller and the usual xbox dialog came up, but the press Y to capture screen, and X to capture video - those 2 buttons are gone! I can go to the other options like view game in store. Its as if the capture was turned off. I checked the capture settings and all looks good.

:)

Ronaldo 1, Mar 8, 2023
  2. SammyVS Win User

Unable to Record Xbox One

You're looking in the wrong place, mate.

Press the Xbox button on your controller and press 5 times to the right and stop at (capture & share), there will be the option to record
  3. OakGill Win User

Xbox background - personalised themes

Backgrounds and wallpapers can be selected from your recent captures.

In order to capture a screenshot, during gameplay press the highlight Xbox button, then you will see the option press y for screenshot, once you've done this it will be uploaded to your console and Xbox live. Go to your recent captures by pressing the highlighted
    Xbox button in the middle of your controller, right bumper click over 2 times to capture and share,go down to recent captures, select it by pressing a button, and here you will see your recent captures. Select one of them and you will see it as an option to
    set as background.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Unable to Record Xbox One

You have to press the Xbox button on your controller and go right(capture & share), next to your profile picture you will have the option to start recording.
  5. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

how to take screenshots of email

I understand on Xbox press the center button on the Xbox controller to bring up the options menu. Access the “Capture and share” tab and select one of the options “Record what happened”, “Start recording” or “Take screenshot”.

Sincerely, Fernando
  6. AridLizard Win User

my xbox capture (game DVR?) wont work

to check the settings for game captures, tap the Xbox button on the controller then press the RB 3 times to get to the system tab

select Settings

from the options on the left select Preferences, then on the right side of the screen select Capture & Share.

make sure that under Capture it is set to allow "Captures by me or games" OR "Captures by me"

choose the other options that best suit your requirements for duration, auto upload, resolution and storage location then when you do something in a game and want to record it simply tap the Xbox button and press X and it will record whatever just happened.

hope this helps
Thema:

1. Capture options no longer available when pressing the Xbox Share button on the controller. - Similar Threads - Capture options longer

2. Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P: Some time ago i changed my display resolution to 1440P and the captures are lagging really bad I did a factory reset and i changed my capture resolution from 1080P to 720P hoping it would help...
  3. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  4. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  5. Captures not loading

in XBoX on Windows
    Captures not loading: Captures are not loading for me to see them or upload them. 2beeb1ba-4492-4bf1-8810-064405325522
  6. My captures won't even load up so I can see them for myself on my xbox what do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    My captures won't even load up so I can see them for myself on my xbox what do I do?: All of my stuff is good besides the fact that when I click my recent captures to see them I just get an infinite loading circle. e5df8d31-83c9-4bf6-aa42-b884bd03ad1a
  7. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  8. I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating xbox game bar: I do not get the capture options to record in the background when activating the xbox game bar, what can I do? d9667d4d-593e-4fc1-9969-bf20e8d78b76
  9. Is there a way to record party chat with the capture option?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to record party chat with the capture option?: How can I record party chat audio 259a0d1b-caab-4bf9-b134-c7b1e369b4a1
  10. Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Captures won't transfer to usb. And after trimming a video, the preview option does not work.: i have formatted my usb twice. When i transfer my captures its not there. The app on Xbox that shows all usbs keeps saying i need to sign in, even though I already am. After trimming a video id...